It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI gave top Clinton aide Cheryl Mills immunity in email probe, rep says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
U.S. Congressman Jason Chaffetz has revealed that the FBI gave some immunity to top aide to Hillary Clinton Cheryl Mills.

Cheryl Mills was Hillary's Chief of Staff at the U.S. State Department.

Looks like she had info that certainly would lead to her own possible prosecution in the Hillary email scandal.

Chaffetz suggests the FBI gave too many connected people immunity, and thinks that could have actually hindered any prosecutions in the email investigation results.

Not good for the Clinton Campaign at this point. They won't be able to explain away much without lying more.

FBI gave top Clinton aide Cheryl Mills immunity in email probe, rep says

Hillary Clinton’s former chief of staff Cheryl Mills and two other staffers were granted immunity as part of the now-closed FBI probe into the former secretary of state’s email practices, according to a top House Republican who questioned whether the deals hindered the bureau’s ability to build a case.

"This is beyond explanation,” House oversight committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, said in a statement Friday. “The FBI was handing out immunity agreements like candy. I've lost confidence in this investigation and I question the genuine effort in which it was carried out.”

Chaffetz first revealed the immunity deals in an interview with The Associated Press, saying “no wonder they couldn't prosecute a case.”

In his statement, Chaffetz said, “Immunity deals should not be a requirement for cooperating with the FBI."

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Immunity is given in retuen for testimony, which in turn builds a case. That is generally true and Chaffetz is not FBI.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Immunity is given in retuen for testimony, which in turn builds a case. That is generally true and Chaffetz is not FBI.

So you are assuming Cheryl Mills is totally innocent and did absolutely nothing illegal ?

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I don't want to surprise anyone, but I think the FBI gave immunity to Hillary also.

She was not charged with anything, you know?

It is evident that she broke federal laws.
edit on b000000302016-09-23T12:03:18-05:0012America/ChicagoFri, 23 Sep 2016 12:03:18 -05001200000016 by butcherguy because: typo

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The fact that you have to offer these people immunity to even consider stepping on the stand should scream volumes about what they are involved with behind the scenes.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, you are correct.

We see that a lot was given and yet nothing was received.

Sounds like a bad deal for government and a great deal for the parties being investigated.

I suppose I shouldn't expect those in positions of power over the lives of millions to be held to the same account as you or I would were either of us to find ourselves facing a legal process.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In all honesty, I think the entire Executive Branch, including those charged with investigating this pay-for-play and private email server business, are protecting themselves.

Cheryl Mills? She's a Big Fish. She is a Mover and Shaker, doing it quietly and behind the scenes....kind of like Valerie Jarrett.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Everybody who did the dirt got immunity. Same thing happened with fast and furious. The obama admin is corrupt to the core. Also let's point out that the FBI never said that hillarys crimes weren't prosecutable, but that "no prosecutor would take the case."
edit on 23-9-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How can you get justice when the investigator is under the direction of a partisan DOJ?

When Loretta Lynch had that meeting with Bill Clinton on board her plane in a hanger where no phones or cameras were allowed, visited for 30 minuites, then acted as if it were no big thing, I suspected a deal had been struck then.

She knew exactly what the outcome was going to be. She said she would go by what the FBI suggested, but the FBI already had their marching orders, imo, and Loretta Lynch knew what they were and had no qualms about saying she would abide by their suggestion. She knew what it would be in advance.

We are SOL unless our House can unravel it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

The fact that you have to offer these people immunity to even consider stepping on the stand should scream volumes about what they are involved with behind the scenes.

At best, I think we only have about 30% of the story so far.

More keeps coming out a little at a time.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I wonder when we are going to find out that Comey has immunity from lynch and Lynch and Hillary have immunity from obama?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If nobody broke the law, why then was immunity grated to a handful of individuals? Can any Hillary supporters please explain this to me?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In this day in age "you have immunity" means you are shady but we have to elect Hillary to move the NWO agenda forward against the [insert a few dozen things like racist,blah bla blah] threat which is Donald Trump! Then again Trump could just be the wolf in sheeps clothing! Hillary certainly is, Trump, time will tell!

Mark my words "Convention Of The States" will be needed if Hillary gets in!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The woman owns the FBI as well.

I wonder if Bill ran in to Comey at some airport.

Trump should wear a big blue dress to the debates.

The dress should be stained accordingly.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes there is billowing, black smoke. But there is no fire, ok? Move on!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here’s What Probably Led to Blow Up During Cheryl Mills’ FBI Interview

Thus, it appears as though the Department of Justice agreed to treat Mills as both Clinton’s lawyer and fact witness. Though the FBI has not publicly released a 302 interview form from the Mills interview, we can likely conclude that this unusual treatment of Mills is what lead to the reported walkout during her interview session. It is also what likely led to the reported disagreement between the FBI agents and DOJ lawyers in the room. The situation was odd, to say the least. “The Department of Justice agreement to limit the scope of a criminal interview based on untested claims of attorney-client privilege is, at the very least, unusual,” Coffin writes. “For the more conspiracy minded, it’s downright outrageous.”

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Corruption in government used to be hidden. Now it's downright in-your-face with a big ole middle finger salute to the American people.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
In all honesty, I think the entire Executive Branch, including those charged with investigating this pay-for-play and private email server business, are protecting themselves.

Cheryl Mills? She's a Big Fish. She is a Mover and Shaker, doing it quietly and behind the scenes....kind of like Valerie Jarrett.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shysters, the whole lot of them.

The immunity deals probably holes you could drive a semi through.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
Here’s What Probably Led to Blow Up During Cheryl Mills’ FBI Interview

Thus, it appears as though the Department of Justice agreed to treat Mills as both Clinton’s lawyer and fact witness. Though the FBI has not publicly released a 302 interview form from the Mills interview, we can likely conclude that this unusual treatment of Mills is what lead to the reported walkout during her interview session. It is also what likely led to the reported disagreement between the FBI agents and DOJ lawyers in the room. The situation was odd, to say the least. “The Department of Justice agreement to limit the scope of a criminal interview based on untested claims of attorney-client privilege is, at the very least, unusual,” Coffin writes. “For the more conspiracy minded, it’s downright outrageous.”

I think the FBI just made another friday nite dump of the 302's.

At least that's what Fox is saying. (Catherine Herridge)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The timing of the data dumps/interviews - always after hours - are proof positive all on their own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join