It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Lamont Scott record...multiple armed felonies but yeah...lets protest.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He wasn't unarmed. But you just choose to believe that he wasn"t. Fits your narrative much better.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is going to continue until the feds step in and create a federal police force.

State, local cops will be a thing of the past.

Imagine armed TSA agents at every street corner.

Yes, I think that's the plan. Maybe Trump would enact it. Hillary base wouldn't go for it, but like she cares.
I guess it doesn't matter who you vote for, we're going to get a national police force.

I wonder if there is fight in the old girl yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hey it's not about who they shot it's about how they did it. I think you missed the point.
edit on 23-9-2016 by NotCrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: DBCowboy

I want military police

but yeah. Thats the plan. Federal police. Local security type guards for city property. Cops will be armed with radios.

And it will be the polices fault. There is a sytemic problem and adverse culture.

Think of those policies like family...you know the ones you can ALWAYS depend on...right ?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotCrazy

Hey it's not about who they shot it's about how they did it. I think you missed the point.

He didn't miss the point it flew right over his head....well unless of course he was trying to push an agenda....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I first heard of this event this morning and I was surprised to see video footage shown of almost the entire incident. Now, reading through this thread, I've come to the realisation that this has all the hallmarks of yet another attempt to divide the population by portraying this event dishonestly. The reason why the video footage was shown is now clear.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: -mytym-

The video footage of this incident has not been made public yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotCrazy

OK. let me ask you.

If you are a cop and you are there at a complex looking for an armed and dangerous suspect and you see a guy matching the description get out of his car with a gun, what do you do?

Do you just assume he's not the guy you were told is there? Or do you tell him to stop and drop the gun?

And when he doesn't do that ... then what do you think?

Understand, this incident is something that would happen independent of color of suspect. If I am a cop told that someone who is armed and dangerous is at a location and I see someone matching that description appear with a gun, I am going to think I may have my man or woman until that person complies and I can verify otherwise.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

He wasn't unarmed. But you just choose to believe that he wasn"t. Fits your narrative much better.

Simply having a gun isn't a death warrant. Or is that your narrative...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Hendrick99

Simply having a gun isn't a death warrant. Or is that your narrative...

Being a convicted felon mrand he isn't supposed to have that gun. Just him carrying one is a crime at that point and I also wonder if that is the reason this played out the way it did. If police asked me to drop a gun I had I would. But I also am not a convicted felon and knowing that this gun is going to land him back in jail could have made it less likely he would comply with police demands. When people are caught they don't think rationally at all. And the thought of going to prison can make people do strange things.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If police asked me to drop a gun I had I would.

Video and or audio of that?

That moment is conveniently missing from that which was released.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The family have seen the video and their view is they can't tell what he is holding, so he is holding something. One would have thought that it would be fairly obvious if it was a book, so I think we can rule that out. It's not certain from the video that it is a gun, though, according to them.
Eyewitnesses have said there was a gun at the scene, but I have not heard an eyewitness corroborating that he was holding one when he was shot.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The family have seen the video and their view is they can't tell what he is holding, so he is holding something. One would have thought that it would be fairly obvious if it was a book, so I think we can rule that out. It's not certain from the video that it is a gun, though, according to them.
Eyewitnesses have said there was a gun at the scene, but I have not heard an eyewitness corroborating that he was holding one when he was shot.

Not only that, but even if we go by the poster above who laid out fine reasoning on why someone the cops were not there for but who had prior record and a gun (thus an illegal gun), would then refuse to drop said illegal weapon and get himself in further trouble and in this case dead, if he actually did just have a book, he has NO REASON AT ALL not to comply is he is perfectly innocent in this case.

Stop, drop the book and let the cops verify who you are so they can get the person they are actually after.

And for some reason, he didn't do that. So was he really holding a book?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Logically, if police are targeting black men one would think that there would be some incidents where a black guy is killed who doesn't have a criminal record. Show me a black accountant who got shot by police? Show me a black doctor who got shot by police. Show me a black lawyer getting shot by police. Show me a black school teacher being shot by police. Heck, just show me a black guy with no record of any kind getting shot by police.

Point to THREE examples...

Keep in mind, some 5000 blacks are killed every year by other black folks by in large. Point to THREE examples of police killing blacks that meets the criteria above in the past DECADE just to even make it easier.

You really think this is impossible, don't you? I just found 3 in like 30 seconds of googling. I'm not going to waste my time posting these things, as you already have your mind made up.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe>>> They should show the damn video. Maybe it makes them look bad( he wasn't pointing the gun at police) or maybe it doesn't show a gun, but show the video. The guy looked like a goon from his photo but that means nothing. If he did have a gun, then it was a clean shooting. If not, then the police have a mess on their hands and the rioting is now partly in their laps.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: Edumakated
Logically, if police are targeting black men one would think that there would be some incidents where a black guy is killed who doesn't have a criminal record. Show me a black accountant who got shot by police? Show me a black doctor who got shot by police. Show me a black lawyer getting shot by police. Show me a black school teacher being shot by police. Heck, just show me a black guy with no record of any kind getting shot by police.

Point to THREE examples...

Keep in mind, some 5000 blacks are killed every year by other black folks by in large. Point to THREE examples of police killing blacks that meets the criteria above in the past DECADE just to even make it easier.

You really think this is impossible, don't you? I just found 3 in like 30 seconds of googling. I'm not going to waste my time posting these things, as you already have your mind made up.

List them out... didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

www.nytimes.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.theguardian.com...

There's a lot more, if you need them....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

1) I accept this one and aware of the case.

2) I accept this one and aware of the case.

3) Officer indicted is not the same as being found guilty. Nor does it state actual facts of the case. Being unarmed is not the same thing as being a threat or even perceived threat.

4) Tamir Rice had a toy gun. Hardly even relevant as an example to my challenge.

I can also list some examples of white people being shot unnecessarily. My larger point though is that there isn't a trend, nor are black men being gunned down in inordinate numbers. Give that there are millions of police interactions per year, I fully expect that there will be cases of questionable shootings. Statistically, they have to happen. However, this does not indicate that police are 1) racists and 2) intentionally targeting blacks.

I've stated before that I believe police are too militaristic. BLM and SJWs would have more support if they dropped the racist claims which can proven to be false. However, the movement would have more credibility across both sides of the aisle in regards to the meatheadification of police in general.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My larger point though is that there isn't a trend, nor are black men being gunned down in inordinate numbers.

I disagree.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I thought none of it had been released yet.

But you're saying, we should not ASSUME a cop would tell an armed man to drop a gun? Because no police officer has ever given that command, in the whole of human history? That telling people to drop the gun is something that cops just never do?

The whole weight of suspicion is on the police here. Did the cop have a history of misconduct with a gun? The dead guy did....

The real problem that progressives have here, is with the idea of LOCAL police, supervised by the apparatus of the local community. They prefer all decisions of consequence to be made in Washington DC.

See, this won't even be a problem with a federal police force.

The feds don't release numbers of the black men they shoot every year. You wanna bet it's zero?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join