It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Lamont Scott record...multiple armed felonies but yeah...lets protest.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

according to the mayor, they have video of him with the gun in his hand and witness who saw the shooting, they will be released when the investigation is done.

They hide any forensics like video to cover up. But good on them for fomenting insurrection by keeping the 'proof' hidden from the public eye.

My bet is they need to fabricate a lie before releasing anything.

The picture of his gun that he had was taken by a bystander. Nothing covered up at all. But yeah...LEO likely just threw one on the ground after the fact and nobody caught that part....

That's the thing though, we've seen it happen way too often. We've seen police claim one thing and the camera say another. We've heard taped conversations of police colluding with each other to cover up or to frame someone of a crime, after they screwed up. We've seen cops drop guns, planting evidence when they didn't know they were being taped.

We've seen cops accuse a compliant person of resisting when they weren't, not putting their hands up when they were. We've seen cops gleefully chase and kill children. We've seen groups of cops go completely out of control, unloading, sometimes hundreds of rounds, into defenseless victims.

It's hard to trust the official story anymore. We've seen to much corruption.

edit on 22-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

according to the mayor, they have video of him with the gun in his hand and witness who saw the shooting, they will be released when the investigation is done.

They hide any forensics like video to cover up. But good on them for fomenting insurrection by keeping the 'proof' hidden from the public eye.

The picture of his gun that he had was taken by a bystander. Nothing covered up at all. But yeah...LEO likely just threw one on the ground after the fact and nobody caught that part....

That's the thing though, we've seen it happen way too often. We've seen police claim one thing and the camera say another. We've heard taped conversations of police colluding with each other to cover up or to frame someone of a crime, after they screwed up. We've seen cops drop guns, planting evidence when they didn't know they were being taped.

We've seem cops accuse a compliant person of resisting when they weren't, not putting their hands up when they were. We've seen cops gleefully chase and kill children. We've seen groups of cops go completely out of control, unloading, sometimes hundreds, of rounds into defenseless victims.

Fair enough, but in cases like this one where multiple previous charges and convictions have been made against the guy, I am going to give LEO the benefit of the doubt as to the story.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

We've seem cops accuse a compliant person of resisting when they weren't, not putting their hands up when they were. We've seen cops gleefully chase and kill children. We've seen groups of cops go completely out of control, unloading, sometimes hundreds, of rounds into defenseless victims.

We've also seen claims of innocence as well to be bunk. Seems like every thug shot here in Chicago is a "good kid" despite being a known gangbanger to everyone except the parents (or parent singular as there is rarely a father to be found). How many false memes of he had his hands up, he didndunuffin, he was just getting skittles, etc much we see in all these cases?

Yes, there are dirty cops. Won't argue that at all. But there are also plenty of thugs and they get shot from time to time.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Fair enough, but in cases like this one where multiple previous charges and convictions have been made against the guy, I am going to give LEO the benefit of the doubt as to the story.

Thanks for the civil reply, but, I can't do that. Without getting into our societal woes, let me just say, it isn't that simple and to allow police to be judge, jury and executioner, when the state can't or won't, isn't the answer. It's not open season on felons.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Again it draws attention away from other issues going on with certain people.

It is also a good practice at showing reason to declare martial law.

Clearly the ones doing the most "protesting' are gang member types and it is a great time and excuse for their normally hidden behavior now in the open.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the civil reply, but, I can't do that. Without getting into our societal woes, let me just say, it isn't that simple and to allow police to be judge, jury and executioner, when the state can't or won't, isn't the answer. It's not open season on felons.

I am pretty sure no one thinks it is, but what are you asking of the police? If they face someone who is known to have had weapons in the past and they believe they may have now, how many orders do you let be ignored, how long do you wait to protect your own life? These people have Families too.
edit on 22-9-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Prior record does not warrant being shot on sight. As to the rioting, no comment.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

except some cases

www.alternet.org...

usuncut.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I am pretty sure no one thinks it is, but what are you asking pf the police?

Transparency, truth and integrity.

I can't trust the official story, given what I've learned, so, video evidence is needed for this (uninvited) juror.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The felony record has been reported since yesterday at least. The issue is people not waiting for the facts to come out, not that it would have made a difference to the rioters.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Prior record does not warrant being shot on sight. As to the rioting, no comment.

Prior record explains why he pulled a gun on a cop, he was a thug.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No but it does change the narrative. We now have a man with a two decade long rap sheet including violent felonies in possesion of a firearm (Which is another felony btw).

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

But did that happened? seems the Family story has spread this information and they were not witness to the shooting. I need all of the facts before I decide to feel any which way. I do see that in most of the cases the suspects refuse to obey an armed officer again and again in many cases, that is a threat in itself as to the intentions.

The narrative that Scott was shot while sitting in his car reading is false. Scott was actually out of his car, on his feet, threatening officers with a firearm at the time he was shot. Scott had been in his car prior to exiting with the firearm, but he was on his feet when the shooting occurred.

On Tuesday, Keith Scott was shot by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Officer Brentley Vinson. Officers had been in the area looking for a wanted person when they were threatened by Scott.

bluelivesmatter.blue...

Can we trust what they said with their emotions this high?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Could it be that the cop knew that about him before he shot him? NAH!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

multiple felony convictions

So, Scott was convicted of a misdemeanor 12 years ago, driving under the influence last year, charged with some other stuff 25 years ago, was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (a felony) served his time, and was released 5 years ago.

Where are the "multiple" felony convictions? I see one, for which he served his time. So, are you saying that if a person is convicted of a felony and serve their time, their killing can be justified, even when the cops don't know who it is they're shooting or what his past history is?

Sure, some of the shootings can't be justified, but this one is NOT one of those.

People need to justify their opinions when they know they are vile...this is how people do it with minorities being killed by cops.

They try to dig up something about their past and say "See,he was a bad person and deserved to be executed without a judge or jury". It's makes them feel better, when what they really think is "He was black, probably was a bad person anyway, he deserved to die".

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

multiple felony convictions

So, Scott was convicted of a misdemeanor 12 years ago, driving under the influence last year, charged with some other stuff 25 years ago, was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (a felony) served his time, and was released 5 years ago.

Where are the "multiple" felony convictions? I see one, for which he served his time. So, are you saying that if a person is convicted of a felony and serve their time, their killing can be justified, even when the cops don't know who it is they're shooting or what his past history is?

Sure, some of the shootings can't be justified, but this one is NOT one of those.

People need to justify their opinions when they know they are vile...this is how people do it with minorities being killed by cops.

They try to dig up something about their past and say "See,he was a bad person and deserved to be executed without a judge or jury". It's makes them feel better, when what they really think is "He was black, probably was a bad person anyway, he deserved to die".

Yet more whites than blacks, almost double, are killed by cops every year.

No need to dig anything up from the past? So courts and spouses and jobs shouldn't worry about what people have done in the past? Interesting. Why do we even have jails then? I mean once a crime is done it's in the past. Hell....why are we even debating this shooting? It's in the past.

Is there a specific time requirement for past activities before we shouldn't look at them? Maybe use the statute of limitations for being prosecuted?

Grand logic there.
edit on 9/22/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We've seen cops gleefully chase and kill children.

Don't include me in the all encompassing "we've". I've never seen cops gleefully chase and kill children.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Because that is not the way our justice system, as provided by the Constitution, is supposed to work.

I love how people just LOVE the constitution, until it is convenient for them to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Because that is not the way our justice system, as provided by the Constitution, is supposed to work.

I love how people just LOVE the constitution, until it is convenient for them to ignore it.

Wait...what? Are you saying our justice system isn't supposed to look at a person's past record for sentencing?

Your not making any sense here....please explain more.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
A stolen replica jersey is equal justice.

...my parents rioted for equality and all I got was this lousy jersey, a new TV, a bunch of Buffalo Wild Wings shwag, a toaster oven, a pair of Air Jordans, and an excuse to act like a total asshat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join