It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does looking into conspiracies bring you closer to god?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Those of you honestly researching the truth do you feel that this experience has brought you closer to god or the force that's behind this universe?

I feel like the more I learn about the powers of this world the more I can clearly see good and evil forces battling for the souls of humanity. It makes things more and more real and I have to take a more serious look at things that are said by Jesus, the Bhuddha and other emissaries.

In fact I find myself being drawn closer and closer to Christianity because many of the things written in the bible are so relevant to the battle of good and evil happening on earth It really make me ask questions.

From the Rothschilds, the Federal Reserve to what's happening this year in the political process I can't imagine another time in modern human history (12,800 years till now) where the cost has been higher. The way we treat the planet, the way we are greedy and corrupt makes me wonder.

One of the things I find compelling are the pre biblical flood stories of higher technology and aliens or demons and angels and the way history is written into the stones of Sumer and other ancient civilizations and mythologies.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else see's the same thing?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I am unclear is it actually brings one closer to their deity for looking into conspiracies,but in a sense ... I guess maybe a little close to the power of the real truth behind subversion of a false truth...thus, allowing one to see what only a deity see's about any certain hidden truth....so in a small sense I'd say kind of...but not really. As far as it helping one see an outline to the once invisible truth, and opening up perspective to see a once hidden world made unaware through and by complacency and ignorance...those that never stop searching for the truth,always find it...eventually.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Those of you honestly researching the truth do you feel that this experience has brought you closer to god or the force that's behind this universe?

No, its brought me closer to the truth is all. Not going down the wrong path eventually leads to the right one.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes, God says that he who seek Him with his heart will find Him. Our hearts plays a role in our decisions along with our gut and brain. All body parts with neurons I might add.

I share your viewpoint.

The love of money is the root of all evil. Funny how we always say follow the money.

So many lessons about how humans behave has been passed down to us through various channels which are still relevant now. Though these texts are old and riddled with flase information, you can still get a sense of what is truth when we observe what has stayed true in time.

Technology cannot solve the root cause of these everlasting moral problems without turning us in to zombies or robots. We can choose freely so we have been made. Rational is as important as emotional intelligence.

"They" have confused the past on purpose, because if we know not where we came from, we wont know where to go.

Don't discard anything just because it's old. Keep asking questions, test all things with honesty I say.

Also, be moderate in all things. The capacity to love and to believe are powerful attributes, use them wisely.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It can be a tad-bit overwhelming if you exist between science and spirituality - caught, as it were, between a secular "meaninglessness" and a possibility that the exact opposite is the case - we are 'divine beings'.

So, yeah. We each give expression to the insanity of the world we live within - inevitably and inextricably expressive of the culture and ecology of our present world. This is what the neuroscience shows: we are ecologies of feelings and the thoughts we have and the self we experience ourselves to be are little more than "nodes" in a web far larger than ourselves.

Scary, yes? But this feeling, I remind myself, is always just a function of the total opposites being presented to me: the anxiety and discomfort, nothing more than the starkness of a contrast.

So, I just try to relax myself to the spiritual view - because of its intensity - while trusting that the world is good, and I do not need to deplete my bodily resources worrying over it.

Though honestly, I suspect the idea of angels vs. demons is terrifyingly real.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It may bring you closer to a psychotherapist.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think it does. Specifically looking into our origins helps to understand what God is or is not. Personally I believe the God of the bible was not the creator of everything. The bible stories promote the idea that God is a being of some sort that we should worship. That is a lie, and really the biblical God was a reptilian being who created us by genetic manipulation, from the life that already existed ( that was created by the universal creative force, the real God ). For example, bible god felt the need to cleanse the earth by sending a flood. To kill everything. Doesn't sound like a loving creator to me. A truly loving creator would not have had us killing animals to survive. So the bible is full of lies, Christianity does not even follow the teachings of the bible it supposedly came from ie: the trinity? holy communion? No women priests? Priests not allowed to marry?
I believe there is a creative force that you could call God, that did create all life and the Universe. That is why we are not alone in the Universe, life appears everywhere. DNA is clearly a code, not just random happenings. To give you an idea where I am coming from, we can now do basic genetic manipulation. GMO. So if we create a new species by genetic tinkering, which we are doing, who created that new species? Us or God? Does it not make us the God of the said new species?
For me being closer to God has come about by realizing that we and all life is made of the universal creative force. Weather we have been genetically altered or not, there is a spark of the divine in us. The bible really doesn't help us to understand the truth about God, even though it does contain many useful truths which can help us to lead good lives.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I have always approached Jesus and his words from the perspective that he was a man. Buddha the same. Not emisaries so much but rather people who for one natural reason or another found a clarity in their lives that they could perceive the world free from a lot of the clutter of untruths surrounding them. From this point of view, any person who wishes to draw closer to their Higherness can do so without intermediaries. Part of this process is lifting the veil of earthly delusions and part of this can be as you suggest by delving into conspiracies. So I agree in that.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Pretty sure those people caught exposing the clinton conspiracies are closer to god.....quite literally...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But what if that freedom changes phenomenological reality - both consciousness and the material world?

Perhaps we 21st century minds feel the need to believe that we are "just Humans", and not what Humans may be - dynamically organized matter that unites mind with matter?

If this were the case (and I don't know for certain that it is) the idea of what a Human is - its thinking not being merely "in its head", but perhaps being a creative force in matter at its most coherent expression - that would be a wholly unsuspected reality.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte
I think this follows Astro, that in this human search, this drive in some of us to lift that veil, to see beyond the delusions of earthly construction, these new(?) understandings are unsuspected. Well, from the perspective of modern science at least. The parallels with much older paradigms can easily be drawn, but to find that any number of those old esoteric considerations can also be found in our modern neuro-sciences and quantum sciences suggests to me at least that the possibility that there within the pages of the book of reality can be found wisdom at least equal to that of those past seekers of truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh yes looking for conspiracies is the royal road to Godhead.

Maybe it's not the beginning or the destination, but you're on the highway.

You learn more of the world through one stack of conspiracy books than through a three-year arts degree.

Not necessarily style or discourse, but you will see a lot of astounding facts that people 20 years ago had to find in stuffy libraries.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Imagine one ancient alien dirty old man species who almost wiped themselves out.. seeking refuge on a planet with a spiritually powerful yet naive maiden species. They destroy any natural nature worship and disconnect them from mother earth's energy.. then they graft their own egos installing themselves as gods with the ability to absorb that power that comes from unconditional reverence.

They have been keeping us enslaved for a millennia with generational trauma mainly using religion to control and cull. This trauma has been shown to have an effect on dna.. there is no way of knowing how many generations will and have inherited that. We do have "saviors" come and save us when we start becoming aware something is "wrong", and we do start fighting back (like now) but usually after that it just happens all over again.
edit on 20-9-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

The genome is plastic

We can always change back, so long as the external conditions allow it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Care to post the citation on that diagram neighbour? Someone spent a lot of time drawing it after all, and you claim to be a writter (and thinker), its professional courtesy.

Ok the genome is only so "plastic" and "changing back"? Oh prey tell how that happens after methlylation and other modifications? If you feel it is so, I can give you a few litres of Magic Methyl to "modify" your DNA, and see how you go.

That diagram is very hand wavy, and I'd like to see what source it comes from. My gut says is not molecular biology

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Care to post the citation on that diagram neighbour? Someone spent a lot of time drawing it after all, and you claim to be a writter (and thinker), its professional courtesy.

I made it.

That diagram is very hand wavy, and I'd like to see what source it comes from. My gut says is not molecular biology

Hmmm, ever heard of University of Chicago molecular-biologist James Shapiro? Check out his "Evolution: a View from the 21st Century".

Or read "The Gene", by Siddhartha Mukherjee.

I read a lot, and therefore make images or schemes for the ideas I think.

An even better book is The Origin and Nature of Life on Earth: The Emergence of the 4th Geosphere

I find it amusing how you feel the need to mock and deride me.

Can't we be fwiends?

edit on 20-9-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

1 thinks so. Further if there EXIST a omnipotent Higher inter-dimensional benevolent being and groups like it, it would make sense that any opponents would do their best to hide the TRUTH from said Higher inter-dimensional benevolent beings Creations (in one way or another). Therefore only leaving Truth to be found in conspiracies abroad...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I honestly do not think we can "go back" on a genetic level as I think we have been adapting to the oppression and collectively fighting it for too long. We are still evolving however not in the nurtured direction it should have been. I don't think humanity will be monsters but we will eventually pull rank on these predators. We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

Well, the biological evidence says otherwise. We live in a system of interpersonal relations i.e. the "spiritual world" is between us.

So if we can get control of how our society is organized, the social "energies" will act upon our integrated biodynamical system, which in turns acts upon the genome through epigenetic mechanisms.

The situation is fully resolvable.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thats very nice. One of my degrees includes bioinformatics (specifically genomics) in it. SO. While the diagram is a diagram of how DNA can be altered. You appear to be implying things about DNA which are not true.

The genome is not that "plastic". Like I said, go play with some magic methyl, it will methylate your DNA but good. Try turing it back? It is why methylating agents are considered bad. Or are you going to say "well thats a chemical, not natural" ?

I am not deriding your ideas. I am questioning them. If you can't handle that, that is not my problem. Its fine to quote people, but throwing a name out there, is not particularly useful as a source. I've met James Shapiro when I was working in Milwaukee (at a well known chemical company, academics visit), and eah I've read all of Siddhartha Mukherjees books as well as many of his academic papers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join