It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MEN'S THREAD : How to Deal With Wife's PMS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yep,... once a month we men need to face it, our love and patient are tested. Adding salt on your food at the table could be dangerous. I love my wife and I try to make those days easier for both of us. Cook some fine Italian speciality or help a bit more with her chores seems to work in my case.

So ATS brothers I ask you how do you deal with it?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

RUN...

that is all...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha.........wait until the menopause.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You don't... Go out to the back yard!

PS.... I've learned to say nothing.... Nod my head "yes"...and just smile at her a lot.

You know there's such a thing as MALE menopause and menstrual cycles too, right?

"MEN---A---PAUSE"...and "MEN---STRANGLE"...just keep quiet, smile, nod n say yes to everything!

I'm with ya bud!!!!
edit on 20-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Yep,... once a month we men need to face it, our love and patient are tested. Adding salt on your food at the table could be dangerous. I love my wife and I try to make those days easier for both of us. Cook some fine Italian speciality or help a bit more with her chores seems to work in my case.

I tell her I ate an extra large Chipolte Burrito for lunch which is like being in the 3rd trimester for a woman. I also have to pass it which is equivalent to child birth so PMS, although discomforting, I am going through the male version of child birth so put a sock in it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

WIth this:
And then these two:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

RUN...

that is all...

Soon you will have to come back, she will pretend she's sleeping and wait until you go bed and close your eyes. It's a trap and no way out.

+5 more 
link   

C'mon man! My husband regularly comes home in a #ty mood. How is that any different? We deal with your crap EVERY DAY, yet you choose to label us as the problem because some women are bitchy? If I come across as a bitch, it's often because of threads like this.

link   

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S. Thompson

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Cook some fine Italian speciality or help a bit more with her chores seems to work in my case.

Chores? Really? I sense a problem right there.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I just pretend it's not happening and then, when I get a frying pan to the face, walk away slowly and retreat to my 'manly place' (doing the dishes in a huff).

There's nothing you can say to a lady to make her less frustrated really, and honestly why try? It's something that happens regardless of situation - adding yourself to it just makes it complicated. When me'lady is going through it, I honestly just carry on like normal (I'm quite helpful anyway) and don't draw attention to it.

You're going to receive flak for saying chores by the way. This is now SJWville! And your titles lets them get easily offended!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I get a new one when I want one around.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh, God. This thread is going to go well.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

In order to consider your post valid, we must hear what your husband has to say about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Oh, God. This thread is going to go well.

I agree. It certainly will not degenerate into some sort of male/female verbal fisticuffs if I have anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a simple one, get your pen out and write this down....ready?. put on a chick flick,give her a massage, bring her many glasses of wine,make for her or order her a top notch dinner, tell her she's amazing,and make sure...that nothing! and I mean nothing! stresses her out in the slightest pull this off through the entire cycle and i'd say you got it down.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Also to add this is never a 100% effective,curve balls a plenty...expect them also

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

C'mon man! My husband regularly comes home in a #ty mood. How is that any different? We deal with your crap EVERY DAY, yet you choose to label us as the problem because some women are bitchy? If I come across as a bitch, it's often because of threads like this.

Oh stop. If you are anything like me, you spend a couple days really short tempered and feeling like crap and you should be well aware of that even though it doesn't always help you control it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndroidJimmy
This is a simple one, get your pen out and write this down....ready?. put on a chick flick,give her a massage, bring her many glasses of wine,make for her or order her a top notch dinner, tell her she's amazing,and make sure...that nothing! and I mean nothing! stresses her out in the slightest pull this off through the entire cycle and i'd say you got it down.

I would do that but I don't want to sound more whipped then someone just getting off a round the world cruise on the Amistad.

edit on 20-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndroidJimmy

No, do not touch, EVER!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join