It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Campaign Materials in my Door (NH Resident)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I spent the weekend out of state and just got back to my apartment last night. I live in New Hampshire, a swing state, so I understand why these campaigns would ramp up their efforts in my region.

The materials jammed in my door were bothersome, not only because they were advocating "Hillary for President", but also because I got home much later than I expected to, and having multiple pieces of paper flutter to the ground when I open my door is not the first annoyance I want to deal with. Anyway, one of the campaign ads had a photo of Hillary walking with 2 other people, who I assume were business executives of some sort. On the back of the ad, there was a handwritten note that said "Do you really want Trump to win?"

How pathetic can they get.. I'm sure a lot of the campaign workers are regular people like myself just trying to make ends meet. But I was surprised to see that handwritten note on the back. I literally laughed out loud when I saw it. How juvenile - the sad thing is, the "lesser of 2 evils" argument is pretty effective in persuading idiots to vote for the "lesser" candidate.

That's all I've got for this OP, but I will respond in the comments. Have a good day ATS.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Sorry to hear that happened. It would certainly anger me as well. I live in a deep Red state and we get no attention at all.

Stay safe and avoid the political nuts; they're mostly just "programme" people; they don't think for themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Odd, do you believe you were singled out?
Did your neighbors receive a packet as well?

Also,I thought you live in Vermont?

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Meathead! I didn't think to look at my neighbors' doors, but I live on a ground floor and my neighbors are upstairs.

I could very well have been singled out, especially because I registered to vote in NH just this year so I am probably on a number of lists (I'm probably on a number of ABC agencies lists as well, but that's another subject).

As for the issue of where I live, my apartment is in NH (within walking distance of Vermont though, I am literally just over the border). However, my family's home is near a cute little lake (classified actually as a pond) called Lake Iroquois in Chittenden County.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

P.S. if you or anyone you know ever mentions moving to a place called "West Lebanon" in NH, fight with all your might to not let them do so.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ahh thanks for the tip!

If you are on decent terms with your neighbors I suggest asking them.

My best friend lives in claremont nh,
You could not pay me to move there or Lebanon or Manchester for that matter.

I live about half hour east of new Hampshire I get the NH local news stations. Its all heroin,shootings,and arson reports from those areas...

Stay safe brother,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Indeed, this is quite the sh**ty place to live because of the intersections of I-89, I-91, and it's geographic location. A lot of drug dealers and sketchy transients end up in this area because of the interstates and it is a mid-point between Portland, ME, and Boston and NYC.

Claremont was once the syphilis capital of the U.S. lol. It's a terrible place too.. so much crime and poverty. Terrible school systems. Not much better than Lebanon area (believe me though, it is better)

You stay safe as well my friend.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I see the Hillary campaign found a few volunteers in your area. Check out this video from Delaware where zero volunteers showed up for door-knocking event for Hillary. The dude filming is rude but hilarious.

Hillary has volunteer door-knocking event in Delaware and no one shows up

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh the trauma. How horrible for you.
An ad in my door. Oh my god....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh the trauma. How horrible for you.
An ad in my door. Oh my god....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

A pro-hillary commenter, being condescending to me in this thread? Who would have thought.

P.S. you double posted, too quick to hit the "click" button, are we?

edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: See my P.S. note

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCoreI literally laughed out loud when I saw it. How juvenile - the sad thing is, the "lesser of 2 evils" argument is pretty effective in persuading idiots to vote for the "lesser" candidate.

Screw the lesser of two evils argument.

Vote for the greater evil.

Vote Cthulu 2016.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree, a giant, evil octopus-like alien creature would be a far better choice as POTUS than any of the other candidates

edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: wrong emoji face

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

A pro-hillary commenter, being condescending to me in this thread? Who would have thought.

Would you fell better if a nihilist did it? Because I'm available.
edit on 9/19/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I just find it funny that even in a thread where OP doesn't actually criticize Hillary, supporters like the aforementioned commenter find it appropriate to act childish and try to shut down anything that doesn't fit their point of view.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would be irritated because a packet left in the door, lets thieves know your not home. This could make your house a target.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: eNumbra

I just find it funny that even in a thread where OP doesn't actually criticize Hillary, supporters like the aforementioned commenter find it appropriate to act childish and try to shut down anything that doesn't fit their point of view.

We'll both sides do it, and your complaint is a bit silly.
So I guess, grow some thicker skin and move on; petty bull#, and this isn't just aimed at you, this is an indictment of everyone in America, petty bull# in politics is what's destroying America.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'm on a newer device. Click is archaic.
But now we're down to criticising a double post? What the mega Fxxk???
Stick to the issues...if you can.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If you read the sentence ABOVE the double-click "PS" note, you would see that my comment was in fact about the issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
That's her whole campaign: weird and focusing on keepeing Trump out.

I checked her website recently:
www.hillaryclinton.com

First is a pop-up or rollover with a single claim:
'Trump is temperamentally unfit for presidency"

And the button "i agree". There is no other option. So to see her Website you already have to agree that Trump is no good. (unlesss you use the little 'close' button.

Then there is the footer:

"Paid for by Hillary for America, a grassroots campaign of over 2 million donors committed to electing Hillary Clinton (and keeping Donald Trump out of the White House)."

- grassroots. cough cough

Oh and the Story, that Pepe the frog is some evil white supremacy thing - which was such an obvious hoax with the twitter confirming the hoax. - still on her website.

Weird in the information age.

edit on 21-9-2016 by svetlana84 because: corrected the first quote to word by word

new topics

top topics

join