It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on Meditation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Alan WATTS, not Alan Watt. Regardless you'll dismiss him anyways, but you're not talking about the same guy.

@OP Just remember, everytime you're trying to quiet your mind and realize your mind has drifted, you're winning.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Place the mind do not chase it to where it wants to go... it grasps and clings and echos everything it wants and blindly we follow that rabbit to where ever it wants to go it will drag one through all hells pains and tortures, float one up to the highest arms of bliss but that is chasing it.

Placing it is pure awareness that is arising in that moment... it grows strength. If it keeps insisting on running away, do not attach to where it goes the names the places the events but see clearly what it is trying to uncover. Is it an unresolved issue that needs clearing up that keeps returning in various ways to make you unconsciously suffer in your day to day? Then simply give it a peaceful rest by seeing that it arose from others chasing the mind instead of placing it simply due to their own ignorance... and until there is wisdom to place it moment to moment then we were simply chasing it too... not knowing any better.

Eventually, the mind will be unmoved as clear as a great expansive sky and whether there are clouds or not they will go unnoticed in any attachment they arise and they pass in and of themself, no need to react to any of it as one once did to do or not to do to wonder who to do what to do or any of that and what needs to be done is simply done as the situation arises that needs it. Otherwise it turns into intent that can be either good or bad, good to one is not good for all and bad to one is not bad for all so the intent is what falls and what falls with it is karma...

In such a manner one will become immovable except through empathy as all suffering clinging and grasping drops away from oneself that was desire, instead one acts out of empathy and equanimity knowing what a tumultuous thing it is going from one extreme to now happy now sad and back and forth with no balance or equilibrium and of course that empathy we show becomes the medicine and by simply placing one foot in front of the other walking ever on into the future nothing to chase when the mind is given a dwelling place.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've taught meditation for years. There are many forms of it. I recommend staying away from Yoga and Transcendental meditation. There are simple breathing techniques to help find that inner stillness and help stop that little babbler in your head.

You can do 4 fold breathing, 4,7,8 breathing and other forms. The Catholics who actually know how to do a rosary for meditation purposes understand that by saying the rote prayers and thinking upon the mysteries each decade of beads represents know that this sort of distraction helps gain that inner stillness and gets your brain into alpha waves. You can use some forms of relaxation music set to relaxation instructions. It really all depends on what your goals are. If you want to let go of the past, I suggest an inner garden meditation where you work on creating a new garden spiritually. You can do some research on this aspect.

As a messianic believer, I focus upon love, healing, forgiveness. I look to things I have said, done, or not done that I should have to release them. Energy to me is very real. We injure others and are injured by others when we are not properly centered and focused. Letting go is hard to do.

I am not Catholic, but I have found the writings of Teresa of Avila called the Inner Castles or Mansions excellent to help others, as well as Dark Night of the Soul by John of the Cross. Here's the Inner mansions link:

www.documentacatholicaomnia.eu...'Avila,_The_Interior_Castle_Of_The_Mansions,_EN.pdf

I wish you the best!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Have you tried shedding the dogma? People being attached to such labels ceases to do anything except draw lines as there is either acceptance or nonacceptance by those very labels... then what does that solve in the world? Nothing but naming a path not walking it no matter how good the instructions may be.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloud4300

I might be able to help.

Most people go silent (or try) when they meditate and use words when they pray.

I do the opposite. I pray in silence and use meditation for contemplating as I have a racing mind. Don't fight it, it's your subconscious speaking to you letting you know you have kinks to work out before you can be at peace.

You have to identify the thought that is keeping you from the quiet mind you seek and then address it. Bills, relationships, work or anything stressful must be dealt with as much as possible for that moment.

Also try the Muslim prostration position as I have much success with this. The most peaceful moment I had for years was my first time at Mosque and I have used it every morning.

Force yourself to take 10-15 deep breaths in and out, fill your lungs as much as possible then raise your head up and arch your back backwards in a comfortable curve.

You should get a surge of blood flow to the brain that will make you light headed a little and if it works...you will feel it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Your significant other is correct.

Meditation can and will open a door that is best left closed.

It's been confirmed by many others right here on ATS as well.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. ...they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

"New Age" Religion/Spirituality: Just more HYPOCRISY and MIND CONTROL

originally posted by: OkieDokie
She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house. Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged. Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will.

originally posted by: JayinAR
I I was mad as hell when I ran my spooks off and they don't come around much anymore. Nowadays it is just your average poltergeist crap ever once in awhile. Also I would add that meditation is what kicked off the worst experiences for me. Be careful with that stuff.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Meditation opens a person up, or can at least, to such things. It can act as a beacon to certain entities. So my advice to everyone is don't mess around, even if you "think" you know what you're doing

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from another post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

WHAT????

Jesus meditated for crying out loud.

What don't you people think is evil?

Meditation doesn't make you susceptible to demon possession it's a spiritual exercise.

What is it like to literally fear anything beneficial to the soul and love that which enslaves it as if it is a good thing.

I call that a hoodwink. They don't want you to realize that you can communicate with the Spirit because then you will be free of their programming so they tell you everything except prayer is of the devil.

Newsflash!!! Prayer IS meditation, there are different kinds of yoga and none are to be afraid of. They are afraid you will want to learn more about Hinduism or Buddhism, thats why you're told not to do yoga or meditate.

That's not something to fear, it's a spiritual exercise that transcends religion.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

If you are looking for advice, ignore the fear based propaganda of Christians who think everything not Christianity is devil worship.

Meditation is not a satanic activity although satanists might meditate. Believing the hypocrisy of the programmed Christian is a walk through the door of mind control, just because they are spiritually deprived of all things liberating and beneficial to the health of the mind doesn't mean you have to be.

It's disturbing how intolerant Christianity is of spiritual growth and meditation even simple yoga is satanic now!!!

OMFG what is wrong with people these days, the spiritually enslaved hate it when you are free and happy without being evil so they make the mundane out to be evil and of satan.

THAT'S EVIL!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hahahahahahahaa

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Your significant other is correct.

Meditation can and will open a door that is best left closed.

It's been confirmed by many others right here on ATS as well.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. ...they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

"New Age" Religion/Spirituality: Just more HYPOCRISY and MIND CONTROL

originally posted by: OkieDokie
She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house. Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged. Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will.

originally posted by: JayinAR
I I was mad as hell when I ran my spooks off and they don't come around much anymore. Nowadays it is just your average poltergeist crap ever once in awhile. Also I would add that meditation is what kicked off the worst experiences for me. Be careful with that stuff.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Meditation opens a person up, or can at least, to such things. It can act as a beacon to certain entities. So my advice to everyone is don't mess around, even if you "think" you know what you're doing

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from another post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

Actually it's your demons that don't want you to kick them out they want you to be their host instead of well the actual host. Thats why they flee and have no dwelling once you tame it and come to actually know peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If you concentrate your mind in one thing, it gets strong and have great impact on your daily life, because your mind will remember that somewhat whole day. The best idea is universal love. It is a bit same as if you are just fallen in love to someone and then you will also more easily love other people around. Now the universal love is love that has no object. How you can get to feel it is through visualization process. I learned this from one yoga teacher and it worked for me.
Meditate legs crossed as it helps to block the senses. Imagine that you love someone very dearly, and try to expand that feeling of love to people around, now expand your love gradually to all people in your city, then the whole country, the whole world, the whole universe until there is nothing else. Concentrate that all embracing divine love.
You are more easily able to concentrate if you have certain visualization and you will also feel more loving whole day.

When you have learned this process you may get mantra which also helps, because its vibration is like straight line and it will calm down the rapid saw wave brain function (seen by EGG). You have to find the right mantra and teacher, use your intuition and you'll find.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thoughts percolate from the lower mind into our conciseness which in turn fires more thoughts so all you need do is observe the original thoughts instead of participating in them and they should fade away on their own accord. When the thoughts begin to fade, the brain and body might fall into a sleep which you can also observe (skin feels like it turns into concrete etc) until you enter a void in which nothing exists but you, the observer. In this state you should not be able to detect your breathing.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

I stumbled across this by accident. The day my son was born was the first time I knew exactly what unconditional love was. Knowing what it was I started trying to apply it in relationships that arose... accept the good and accept the bad of that individual and I discovered acceptance is love and encouraging them towards their goals is an expression of it, then I started applying it in person with those I met and on the larger scale the world through forums social media etc. not an easy road but walking it is and will always be the best teacher mindful awareness is the resolve to see the rock trip over it anyway and then learn why it still tripped you up. In such a manner embracing the suffering, the pain, and everything else becomes the faster journey to the wisdom of understanding and anytime the "self" rejects that that is simply the ego looking for the easy way out that is just the path of avoidance seeing the rock and stepping around the adversity... or seeing it sitting down and when others come along yelling rock! But other than scare them into not liking nature or rocks you have stopped walking it yourself.

It's a journey no matter what arises don't stop and try to avoid life, that's an impossibility unless you become the rock... then become a rolling stone and get out of peoples way.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And I'd be willing to bet that those who experience "evil things" are also blocked and instead of using the meditation to actually "slay those same demons" they stop the fight. You Your own Self is the ONLY one that can fight those things that You see as "evil" ..

Prayer is talking TO God; Meditation is God talking to You.

Then just after writing this and ADMITTING to YourSelf, Your own 'true judge', that once Your progeny was born it ceased to be about You. You've probably done a few things that go contrary to these thoughts and this has weighed on You then the more You dwell on these non-positives, or what You deem to be 'negative behavior' just draws even more 'negative energy' (sh-t snowballing)

Am I 'warm' or "dead cold'?

Now forgive each person who has trespassed against You (everyone who has done You wrong in the past) Forgive each trespass. Each one. It was You that caused each of these trespasses to occur. Think of those and forgive each trespasser and ask that they too forgive You.

When You read the above- In which part of Your body did You feel anything?

Now where in that body are You or the bit that animates You?
Every 3 month baby I know just loves to get out of the apartment and see things and smell things, You just push the pram and try and notice what the baby notices-

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Very difficult thing for those that cannot forgive themselves... and instead make excuses for the things that injure and harm others in self or ego gratification.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

You may find that here- poke around because there are videos and the written word. Depending on the best mode of travel for You, some learn better by watching video; some by reading.

www.wellbeingalignment.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

What have I done now?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The Miracle Of Forgiveness
Healing Meditation

The best place to start with the miracle of forgiveness healing is to start where we ARE, which is really where we THINK we are.

For this Forgiveness Healing Meditation, I recommend reading the whole thing first. Then come back to the beginning and read a paragraph or two and do what is suggested. After a few minutes, open your eyes and read the next section and do what is offered there.

Take your time with each section, rather than rushing through it to get to the next step. This is an experiential meditation rather than an intellectual exercise. Don't worry about doing any of this “perfectly.” However you do it is perfect. As you continue to practice this, you'll experience more and more of what is described here, one step at a time. Be kind and gentle with yourself.

Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Allow everything in your life to be as it is – your emotions, thoughts, beliefs, memories, issues and circumstances. Whatever comes into your awareness, just let it be here without resisting it. If you notice that you categorize anything as good / bad or right / wrong, just let go of those categories and divisions. Let everything merge into one big energy field without divisions or distinctions.

After a few minutes, bring your attention to your breathing. Simply watch your body breathing in and out. Allow it to breathe itself, observing it as it does. Position yourself within your mind as the Observer. You are the Awareness that is aware of your body breathing, not your body or the breathing. Continue to watch your body breathe for a few minutes and you'll notice it beginning to relax.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

If you are not aware of such a thing then that is your responsibility to know not anyone else's even though it may be obvious to someone if you listen to them.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well thanks for the inputs guys I'll try different things till I find what works

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join