It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on Meditation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers. I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to teach me how to meditate? ive never done it and when ive tried I just couldn't stop thinking about other things. I couldn't "quiet" my mind, any help or advice would be much appreciated. Hard to find the time to as I work and take care of my 3 month old son.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi,
I can help you with that. I teach 1on1 meditation via Skype/Zoom/FB Video call.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't try to quiet your mind, just let your thoughts flow on by.

Focus on your breathing, when a thought arises in your mind make note of it and pull your focus back to your breathing. In time you will notice less thoughts arising while you meditate and it becomes easier and easier to just sit.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloud4300

Hi,
try to ignore some of the thoughts by giving them less importance. Instead of trying to cut them in the middle fucus on the silence behind them. There is always silence behind the noise like there is space between and even inside the objects. It's like the fish in the ocean. Be the ocean for a while

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It is impossible to quiet the mind - the mind is noise/movement. However - it is possible to notice the quiet that the mind appears in.
You are the stillness that everything appears and disappears in.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I JUST FEEL LIKE I NEED TO FIND "MYSELF" AGAIN. IVE DONE SOME THINGS IM NOT VERY PROUD OF AND I FEEL LIKE RE CONNECTING WITH MY HIGHER SELF OR A HIGHER POWER, WOULD HELP ME BECOME A BETTER PERSON IN TIME. ITS LIKE I DONT KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE. I'VE LOST THIS CERTAIN "FEELING" OR STATE OF WELL BEING THAT I ONCE HAD. ID LIKE IT BACK. AND I SMOKE MARYJANE IF ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT SUBSTANCES IM DOING LOL. I DID ECSTASY EVERYDAY PRETTY MUCH FOR LIKE 2 YEARS. EVERY SINCE THEN IVE FELT DIFFERENT. THANKS@!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel THANKS ID LOVE TO THAT HOWEVER I CANNOT, MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER DOES NOT APPROVE OF SUCH METHODS IM SORRY BUT PRIVATE MESSAGE WOULD BE ALRIGHT TOO.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Meditation is a tool that can help you to realise your true nature - stillness embracing motion. Eventually it will be realised that you are and always have been that.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We should mention it goes hand in hand with sorting the fish and keeping only the good ones. And clearing the water from bad emotions

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Your significant other is correct.

Meditation can and will open a door that is best left closed.

It's been confirmed by many others right here on ATS as well.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. ...they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

"New Age" Religion/Spirituality: Just more HYPOCRISY and MIND CONTROL

originally posted by: OkieDokie
She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house. Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged. Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will.

originally posted by: JayinAR
I I was mad as hell when I ran my spooks off and they don't come around much anymore. Nowadays it is just your average poltergeist crap ever once in awhile. Also I would add that meditation is what kicked off the worst experiences for me. Be careful with that stuff.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Meditation opens a person up, or can at least, to such things. It can act as a beacon to certain entities. So my advice to everyone is don't mess around, even if you "think" you know what you're doing

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from another post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Greetings-

May I ask a few questions to get a better handle on things? (if "no" then I dig it and act as if these are rhetorical in nature as I do operate in a "Free Will Zone" and won't take any offense...)

Firstly are Your chakras "clear"? Were they clear before You tried? A lot of folks start out "blocked" and don't get to the good stuff and write it off as a "scheme" or all of Us that sit through until the good stuff are all sniffing glue or worse..

In what setting are You trying to meditate? If You're experiencing difficulty while trying to meditate inside then try while taking a walk. A 'walking meditation' is a truly moving experience and You'd be amazed at what You now notice.
If You're trying to meditate in a room w/a bunch of 'gadgets' then it is harder to get there..

The first thing I'd do personally in a quest to be "quiet" is by quit YELLING.. TAKE OFF YOUR CAPS PLEASE.

namaste

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

What a load of claptrap....
With all due respect

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Can You give us some advice how to clear the Chakras? How to check are they clear or not?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium Sorry about the CAPS. To be honest I don't think my chakras are clear at all. I think they are blocked. i feel as if i have tons of emotions trapped inside that i cant express. ive never been good with opening up, ive kept things from people, done bad things, hurt people emotionally and mentally. and i think im just a complete wreck and the only thing keeping me sane is my child and wife. And ive hurt my wife too (not physically) recently. so i just need a way to detox everything in me. My setting on the other hand is just my apartment. Have a TV no phone and just a 3 month old baby.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid Hard to know whats good/bad nowadays hey, everyone has their own opinion/interpretation of things.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So true...

Don't give up though.

It does get easier once you find a reference point.

The vast majority of what we have been told is a lie, but the truth is still the truth.

Mike Shreve's story is worth a listen...

He was a New Age guru who dedicated his life to finding Nirvana when he had a supernatural encounter...

Well what happened is during that month-long period I got a letter from an old friend and he told me how he had been born-again, which was a foreign term to me. I didn’t understand, but he described Jesus coming into his heart and how he finally had an encounter with God. I wrote him back and said, “That doesn’t make sense to me.” But the letter just weighed on my mind until one day, as you said, I decided, you know, I’ve got to be open-minded. So I dedicated that whole day to the Lord Jesus and I said I’m not going to do yoga.

I’m not going to chant. I’m not going to do any meditation like I’m normally involved in. I’m just going to pray and read the Bible today. And if you really are the Messiah and if you really did come to die on a cross for the sense of humanity, then I believe you’ll show me today.

One of the members of the prayer group who happened to be a former yoga student himself, now that doesn't like coincidence, it sounds to me like a God instance. He was walking in a Laundromat and the Holy Spirit fell on him and said, "Don't go in there. I've got a job for you to do. Get in your van and start driving." He had no idea where God was going to lead him. But he started driving and every time he felt an impulse he'd take a turn. He didn't know that two miles away I was standing on the side of the ride hitchhiking.

I had been praying all day long from 3:30 in the morning until that afternoon that Jesus would reveal to me if he was the truth. And now I'm going to teach a yoga class. And he never picked up hitchhikers, but he said he felt this compulsion again to pull over the side of the road and pick me up. And when I opened the door and looked in my heart just started leaping inside of me. ...he had taped a picture of Jesus to the ceiling of his van... And that's the first thing I saw when I got in the van. I looked up and there's this picture. So I'm sitting on the edge of my seat in expectation.

And a few minutes later, he turned around and said, "Friend, can I ask you a question?" I said yes. He said, "Have you ever experienced Jesus coming into your heart?" I said, "No, but when can I?" And he gave me this surprise look like I wasn't supposed to respond so quick. He said, "You can come to our prayer meeting tonight." I said, "I don't want to wait that long." If I can find Jesus I want to find him now. And so he pulled the van over to the side of the road, left it running, we knelt down in the back of the van, we talked a little while, and then I prayed a simple prayer that I thought was too simple to bring me into contact with God, but it worked.

Sid: But it revolutionized his life. In fact, then he goes back to those hundreds of students at the four universities. And what did you tell your yoga students?

Mike: Most of my main students became Christians also. And we stopped the classes from that very point.

Video Transcript

edit on 9.17.2016 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloud4300
Hello fellow ATS'ers. I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to teach me how to meditate? ive never done it and when ive tried I just couldn't stop thinking about other things. I couldn't "quiet" my mind, any help or advice would be much appreciated. Hard to find the time to as I work and take care of my 3 month old son.

I would recommend watching or listening to a few lectures from Alan Watts, here's a short one.

There are many others and some are quite long but I think they are time well spent. I would also recommend the video title the "Art of Meditation" as well if one has the time.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It helps if you don't try to accomplish everything in the first go. Meditation isn't a fix it now type of thing. Just set a certain time for you (or time of day say after breakfast, or before waking the kids), and be consistent. Just sit still or whatever position is most relaxing and try not to think about anything in particular. You will not be able to clear your mind at first. Thoughts will come and go, let them but just don't focus on any of them or follow them down the rabbit hole. In time (after several weeks probably) you will begin to notice that you are able to focus more and eventually you will be able to control your thoughts during meditation which is to say not have them. And a focus point is paramount, most people use breathing, I like to use repetitive noises or nature noises.

Hope it helps some. Just remember, everyone is different.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
As far as sources go, Alan Watt has zero credibility...

Here’s 6 major lies propogated by Alan that reveal him to a subtle NWO Theosophist:

1) the Israelites never existed prior to the Babylonian captivity (as well as Hebrew) = a lie (google the Merneptah Stella)
2) the Old T Was First Written in Egypt in Greek For the JEWS Around 300-100 BC (he’s talkin about the Septuagint. = A Lie, the Septuagint doesn’t exist (youtube: ‘The Myth Behind the Mythical Septuagint’)
3) Israel = Isis Ra El (Alan maintains this Jordan Maxwell bull# lie (Youtube: Debunking Jordan Maxwell)
4) Jesus the Man didnt Exist = A Lie. 39 extra-Biblical Sources Mention Him, including Tacitus, who Alan uses as a source for the legends of the elite Druids surviving some catastrophe
5) At the Council of Nicea Constantine Hammered Out Christian Dogma = A lie (the whole New Testament was already decided before Nicea (youtube: the Council of Nicea Debunked
6) Alan Props Up the Zeitgeist Theosophical Lie of Astro-Theology = A Lie (youtube: Astro-Theology Debunked).

No Longer Listening to Alan Watt…

After being a fan of Alan's for over 2 years, I now see him as a subtle NWO-Theosophist. Yes, in many areas, he's full of great information, pointing out various agenda-revealing writings (penned by even the elites themselves), and yes, he debunks the New Age/Theosophy and exposes Freemasonry- but when it comes to ancient history and religion, some of his assertions just don't add up. In fact, after delving into some of his biggest claims, I began to realize that his views concerning Judaism and Christianity sounded a lot like the Freemasonic/Theosophical version of history. Alan is part of the higher-NWO agenda of finally dismantling all of the religions.

Deconstructing Alan Watt

6 Massive Errors Made By Alan in the Field of Ancient History and Religion

So here are the 6 major mistakes that first alerted me to Alan's theosophical leanings.

1) The ancient Israelites never existed prior to the Babylonian dispersal into Judea around 400 B.C; & the language Hebrew is not ancient but rather a later addition via the A.D's = lies.

2) The entire Old T. was originally written in Egypt in Greek as 'the Septuagint' by 72 Mystery School priests around 280 B.C = a lie.

3) 'Israel' = 'Isis Ra El': Alan maintains this theosophical word-trick (so does Jordan Maxwell) = a lie (I'll show other word-tricks that Alan proffers in the hopes of connecting the Bible to the Mystery Religion, and how he twists the meanings of words and loves playing the o' theosophical trick of inverting Yahweh with Satan (something Freemasonry/Theosophy loves doing (i.e. Pike, Blavatsky, Bailey)).

4) Jesus the Man never existed and is a myth based off other ancient pagan deities/saviours = a lie (over 39 extra-biblical sources mention him- including Tacitus- whom Alan uses as a source for the story of the Druids surviving some
kind of massive planetary catastrophe in ancient times).

5) Alan attacks Christianity as something completely created by the Mystery Schools, and not high-jacked. He says 5 key things: 1) At the Council of Nicea in 325 AD, Constantine hammered out Christian dogma; and the early Church Fathers drew upon pagan elements when constructing Christianity 2) the Bible has been rewritten and tampered with many times; and hundreds of books were left out of it 3) Christianity was made-up by the Mystery Religion/Roman-elite-families as a way to better enslave the masses; 4) Paul never existed 5) Christianity was really a form of Gnosticism. = all lies.

6) Alan props up the 'Zeitgeist-astro-theological-lie', which attempts to link Christianity/the New T. to the movements of the Sun & the Constellations = a lie.

Deconstructing Alan Watt

For several months Alan Watt has been making threats against members of my forum, and on January 6th, he named me personally, and said he would be sending the cops after me. He has continually lied and distorted reality, and after recently having been exposed for plagiarizing the work of a man named Glen Kealey, he is reaching into new depths of bizarre desperation, claiming that I am the leader of a mob that is threatening his life and that of his dog, and that the cops are coming for me.

I hope that this account helps those fans of Alan Watt, many of which were probably confused by his recent behavior, to put things together, and begin to snap out of the haze he has lolled you into. We will each have to break the spell that the “leaders” of this movement have cast on us if we wish stand a real chance at changing the future. We simply cannot afford to let ourselves be diverted by men with agendas that we do not even fully understand. Alan Watt is the final gatekeeper. If we can steer past him, we are in the clear, capable of deciding our own path.

Alan Watt: Lies, Threats and Plagiarism

Since I found the source of Alan Watt’s material, his books and basic ideas I haven’t listened to any more Alan Watt. I was growing weary as he promised to be giving us streaming consciousness and he now reads scripts. Mostly reading articles posted by others and written by others which it turns out is his modus op, using other people’s work.

Glen Kealey is the true source of Alan Watt. I also think Glen Kealey is the source of Lenny Bloom and David Icke, IMHO. I noticed Lenny Bloom website is down and its most likely because his sculpter image is lifted from Glen Kealey along with his tag line of “scrapping the bull# off the truth” is a variation of Glen Kealey’s tag line as is Alan Watt’s tag line also lifted from Glen Kealey.

David Icke of course is another preverted disinfo distraction designed to cover up the real facts presented by Glen Kealey.

No Longer Listening to Alan Watt…

ALAN WATT UNPLUGGED

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Meditate on physical sensation combined with breathing techniques and your mind will slip into the gap where thoughts are like waves of images rather than mind chatter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join