It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Clinton aims to win back millennials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

A Quinnipiac University poll out Wednesday found that Clinton still bests Trump 55-34 percent among young voters, but strategists say the polls are concerning, especially since President Obama received about 60 percent of the millennial vote in 2012.

“Those are tough numbers,” said Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons, calling support from millennials “critical” to a Clinton victory in November. “You have to have enough millennials to offset the baby boomers that she loses, and right now, she's underperforming with white voters.”
Source

I'm sure many Clinton supporters will find a way to spin this situation into a positive for Clinton. Everything seems to be positive for Clinton according to some posters on this forum.

I'll go with an expert myself. If a Democratic strategist is saying that a particular thing is crucial for a Clinton victory, I take that seriously.

I think we should take a moment to praise millennials for their integrity.

edit on 17-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'd like to hear from them on why they don't like Clinton. Are they finally realizing they can't trust her and that she will not be good for this country?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Aren't polls useless tools of the MSM?

They were last week.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Bernie brought the millennial vote into the Democratic fold, but after the DNC bias and gerrymandering against his platform was exposed in the leaks and Bernie lost the nomination, many of them have jumped ship and are either voting for Johnson or Stein as an alternative, Trump as a big middle finger, or just sitting out completely.

Hillary is plummeting in the polls, if the current trend continues Trump will win hands down. With the recent pandering from Clinton labeling half of Trumps supporters as deplorable racist xenophobes etc. she is relying a lot on the minority vote to help her win.

The problem is that Trumps numbers are also steadily climbing among the same demographic which just screams hell for the Clinton campaign. People are fleeing the Democratic plantation.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

As one I can tell you why I don't like her. She is blatantly corrupt, and I've seen her laugh a few times when asked about scandals where she was essentially caught red handed.

I can also tell you I will be worried even if she loses too. Things are in a sad state of affairs. I knew since 07' (correct me if I'm wrong on the year) when the Supreme Court decided money is free speech in elections we were about to take a ride.

Funny this cycle how anyone who talked about issues and didn't just attack people either had no chance for the Republicans, or we had Bernie who we found the DNC essentially conspired against. It also recently came out Hillary may have threatened his wife, though we are waiting on the evidence, sounds like Clinton to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well, they all seem better shaved in 2016.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

According to an LA Times poll I posted in another thread (one that roundly chastised millennial voters for being too stupid to NOT vote for Clinton, funnily enough), millennial voters are more likely to question Clinton on her ethics and morals. The poll didn't elaborate on what in particular beyond "ethics and morals."

In a straight head to head matchup, Clinton has a sizable lead in the younger vote over Trump, but not to the levels that Obama brought in. When a third party candidate is brought into the mix, Clinton loses more youth vote than Trump does.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I'm sure many Clinton supporters will find a way to spin this situation into a positive for Clinton. Everything seems to be positive for Clinton according to some posters on this forum.

I'll go with an expert myself. If a Democratic strategist is saying that a particular thing is crucial for a Clinton victory, I take that seriously.

I think we should take a moment to praise millennials for their integrity.

The very words you posted from the article are a positive spin for her. You literally quoted that she's leading 55% to 34% among millennials. How is that not a positive thing?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hillary must get out of the debates to win this election...

I'm not saying Bill is immune the killing dynasty of his creation but I wouldn't be shocked if he "has a heart attack" forcing Hillary out of the debates...

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

With the recent pandering from Clinton labeling half of Trumps supporters as deplorable racist xenophobes etc.

I love how Trump has turned the 'deplorable' comment into a rally call for his campaign.

Les Deplorables!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I want her to lose, I hate her. But I am worried about the debates. Trump can can fired up quick, he's been refined lately with help from his campaign, not speaking off the cuff as much recently.

If he goes to hard in the debates and she keeps composure I'll be worried. Also if she sticks to topics and he does not another problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think the implication is that Hillary's support from said group is dropping from where said support was for Obama. Dropping is never good. While yes she's still ahead of Trump. They each have their own demographics they rely on. If one she depends on is losing support while her opponent is gaining support from the same group it's a bad thing.

Let's say last week Hillary had 65% and Trump 25% and now this week Hillary had 60% and Trump 30%, and next week it becomes 55% and 35% would you still call it a good thing because Hillary will have 55% to Trumps 35%?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Judging from Hillary's recent history I doubt she can stand 90+ minutes in a heated debate with Trump.

If she was to decline it would make her look extremely weak. If she has another episode during the debate, it's over. I was expecting the "pneumonia" gaffe to be her excuse for dropping from the debate, but I think there is a good chance there will be an excuse for her to refuse or drop out.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Judging from Hillary's recent history I doubt she can stand 90+ minutes in a heated debate with Trump.

How much do you want to bet they will be seated for ALL the debates like Romney and Obama were for this one?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I want her to lose, I hate her. But I am worried about the debates. Trump can can fired up quick, he's been refined lately with help from his campaign, not speaking off the cuff as much recently.

If he goes to hard in the debates and she keeps composure I'll be worried. Also if she sticks to topics and he does not another problem.

Yep!

It came out a week or so ago that Hillary has employed some psychologists to help and figure out how to push Trumps buttons.

If he can keep from allowing her to trigger him, she will have nothing in the debates.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hillary has shown an inability to stay on her feet(literally) when pressed on her politics...

If memory serves she took a 30 minute bathroom break in a debate with Bernie for "unspecified bathroom reasons"...
What the heck does that mean?

Hillary has an unspecified autoimmune illness combined with an astounding disdain for anyone who would question her absolute authority and those factors work against her when she is pushed to stress...
As her adrenaline surges and heart attempts to increase activity Hillary's body is at a loss to comply due to her already depleted physical resource reservoir...

The debates will be a win for her if she simply completes all of them upright(which I doubt she can do)

Also, just an interesting aside:
Watch her take "live" questions from a few days ago:
It is human nature when a voice is heard to associate it with a visual input...
If no visual input is available a person will look down to remove interfering visual stimuli so as to 'listen' more closely...typically a person will crane their neck down and look down and head to the side if a noise is heard...from an ear piece for example...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
She never had them they were all Bernies... but the DNC doing their back stabbing threw him and everyone else under the bus, same as the RNC did Ron Paul.

It should be pretty clear that both parties are pretty much one and the same and only want business as usual hence why most staunch RNC are turning coat to the DNC that will only insure their control for business as usual... isn't the first time in history of turncoats

There needs to be massive reform and basically everyone knows this, and well basically everyone knows it isn't likely to come from either side of the aisle so hey basically business as usual.

But it's likely people are going to start voting with their wallets and that doesn't mean in the political spectrum either... as everyone has seen just how much money has been thrown away on this entire farce... I don't have any numbers but I am sure they are out there but it is more than has EVER been spent on an election.

We really need to take the business out of politics and see that they get down to business.
edit on 17-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Interestingly enough, I just went over to the L.A. Times website and it seemed all the political stories were about how Trump "finally conceded" that Obama was born in America. I checked several different articles from all over the politics page and the articles were worded differently but it was the exact same message. I reached my daily article limit before I could see if this was happening to the rest of the site.

As for the OP, of course Clinton is getting desperate. She's trying to throw anything and everything at Trump, while appearing squeaky clean herself. It's not working and even the millennials can see that, except for her most loyal followers who just turn a blind eye.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And still they say Hill's chance of winning is 75% Trumps chance less that 24%
These are not poll numbers . It's the odds given for Hillary to win. But yet rejoice because it was 90% to 10% back in January.
Still those odds aren't good.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Because 55-34 isn't positive huh? Wow .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join