It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Clinton aims to win back millennials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Plummeting ??? And yet...
Lol
75% vs 24%

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am a millenial. Cant speak for the average one though.

I would guess it is her corruption and use of government for profit. Corruption means a lot more for young people than for older people. See bernie, see ron paul.
For younger people it is elites vs the people. Older people seem to be more settled into a party viewing the other one as the enemy.
I know some millenials wont vote for hillary but trump also is too mean and are voting for johnson. It makes the election weird as I consider myself a libertarian first and am not voting for Johnson.

When push comes to shove at the booth johnson won't have the support the polls are showing. Would be cool to see them get that 5% for funding though.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Profusion

I'm sure many Clinton supporters will find a way to spin this situation into a positive for Clinton. Everything seems to be positive for Clinton according to some posters on this forum.

I'll go with an expert myself. If a Democratic strategist is saying that a particular thing is crucial for a Clinton victory, I take that seriously.

I think we should take a moment to praise millennials for their integrity.

The very words you posted from the article are a positive spin for her. You literally quoted that she's leading 55% to 34% among millennials. How is that not a positive thing?

I said the same thing. We didn't need to spin it to something positive for Clinton when it was presented that way to begin with.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

If anyone needs the debates to be cancelled its Trump. Hillary is a very good debater. Trump is an uninformed loudmouth. But different rules apply. He won't be able to get away with his distractions when he doesn't know the answer.
Yes the debates will separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
The very words you posted from the article are a positive spin for her. You literally quoted that she's leading 55% to 34% among millennials. How is that not a positive thing?

Because its just one age group. If she's losing the rest of the electorate, the question becomes whether or not 55-34 is a large enough advantage among millennials to overcome the deficits with the other age groups of the electorate. It may also indicate serious reason for concern in swing states where the margins among millennials will likely be at least somewhat closer than the overall number.

Understand, I'm not necessarily saying that this is a good or a bad number for Hillary, merely that it *could* be bad depending on how she's polling with the remaining age groups.
edit on 17-9-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What would YOU call it?

She's still ahead. That's still good for her.
I think you're missing something here.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think you are.

If the point being made is she's started losing support and he's started gaining it. That's not a good thing for her, and is a good thing for Trump.

It does not mean that she isn't still doing better than Trump with Millennials, but it does mean she's losing and he's gaining momentum.

It doesn't mean Trump is winning, it means she's losing ground and he's gaining it.

How you can consider that good for Hillary I don't know.

Just because I'm ahead in a race, does not make my losing steam and my opponent gaining ground not a bad thing. Yes I'm ahead that's good, but I'm losing ground and the race isn't over yet, that's bad.

Basic logic and reasoning.

The whole point is she wants to gain back the ground she's lost and maintain that lead.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Christosterone

I understand this wish amongst the republicans. It's the only way Trump can come out ahead. If Hillary doesn't debate he wins.
If she does debate (which she certainly will) she will mop the floor with trumps stringy hair. His ass will be tenderized from the kicking it will receive.
edit on 9172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In a straight head to head matchup, Clinton has a sizable lead in the younger vote over Trump, but not to the levels that Obama brought in.

Interesting and so true. I read that line and it made me wonder why the Dems didn't pick Obama's wife to be the candidate. Millennials will reflexively vote for Black and what better way than to continue the Obama legacy? Just yesterday I believe, Michelle was greeted with cries of "Four More Years" at an appearance in the Carolina's.

Makes me wonder if the DNC might draft Michelle, if HRC health fails.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Point is she's still ahead.
This doesn't mean Trump is ever going to pass her or beat her. That won't ever happen. You guys are backing the wrong horse. He can't win. The debates take him further out than he is now.

It's not ever going to happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
And still they say Hill's chance of winning is 75% Trumps chance less that 24%
These are not poll numbers . It's the odds given for Hillary to win. But yet rejoice because it was 90% to 10% back in January.
Still those odds aren't good.

I guess it depends on your source.

Political Science Professor: Odds Of President Trump Range BETWEEN 97% AND 99%

A political science professor who claims his statistical model has correctly predicted the results of every election except for one in the last 104 years has forecast that the odds of Donald Trump becoming America’s next president currently range from 97 percent to 99 percent.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The Point is she's still ahead.
This doesn't mean Trump is ever going to pass her or beat her. That won't ever happen. You guys are backing the wrong horse. He can't win. The debates take him further out than he is now.

It's not ever going to happen.

Tell ya what. I'll personally drive you to the bridge you're going to jump off if Trump wins.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Shamrock6

In a straight head to head matchup, Clinton has a sizable lead in the younger vote over Trump, but not to the levels that Obama brought in.

Interesting and so true. I read that line and it made me wonder why the Dems didn't pick Obama's wife to be the candidate. Millennials will reflexively vote for Black and what better way than to continue the Obama legacy? Just yesterday I believe, Michelle was greeted with cries of "Four More Years" at an appearance in the Carolina's.

Makes me wonder if the DNC might draft Michelle, if HRC health fails.

But Hillary sounds black at times. Doesn't that count?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It doesn't matter that she's ahead with that age group so much as by how much. According to the 2012 exit polls, Obama won the 18-29 year old age group 60-37%, yet he won the overall vote by just 3.9%. Clearly, he needed that wide margin among young voters to win. Hillary may actually need an even bigger margin with that group than Obama did, too, given that she's likely to under perform Obama's overall turnout percentages to some degree.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And still they say Hill's chance of winning is 75% Trumps chance less that 24%
These are not poll numbers . It's the odds given for Hillary to win. But yet rejoice because it was 90% to 10% back in January.
Still those odds aren't good.

It's the odds according to who? The same people who said Brexit had a 95% chance that they would vote to remain?

Forgive me if I take that opinion with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Denial. The first stage of grief.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My prediction of what the debates are going to look like:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I can only hope that the Millenials will see through her and make their way to support and vote for either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson.

They have not bought into the controlling idea that the USA must be a 2 Party (One Party) state.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join