It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven's Gate, Anyone got the CD-Rom of Audio/Video files from 1998?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Back in 1998 a former member by the name of Rkkody (pronounced Rick-kody) was selling a CD-Rom that contained alot of audio files and some video files that Heaven's Gate made. Rkkody killed himself later on in 1998 and I have no idea who is running the site www.heavensgate.com now, nor do they offer the CD-rom anymore and don't respond to e-mails.

If anyone out there has these audio and video files (they were in Real Audio and Real Video format) please place these files online so people may study this group and see how their teachings changed over the years.

It's been 7 years 9 months 30 days since March 22nd, 1997 when the 39 members committed suicide.

"But I feel that we are at the "end of the Age" - I'm afraid I feel is right upon us. I don't want to sound like a prophet, but my gut says, and everything else that I know, points to that it's going to come before the turn of the century, that it's going to come in the next few months or next year or two. I could be off. Ti and I thought it was going to end within a few months - the age was going to end in 1975, when our students were out holding meetings." -Beyond Human Session One (Full Transcript. From Heaven's Gate Book.)

Here is that clip above found on CNN's archives www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
what was the cults main belief?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here is some sections on their website that sums up their beliefs.

Last Chance To Advance Beyond Human

"UFO Cult" Resurfaces With Final Offer

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
um.......... very intersting

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I dont get it...what is Heavens Gate? Some type of alien cult?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
yeh i was a alien cult until they commited suside

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
yeah, i heard they commited suicide at the same time...weird.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
cult that committed mass suicide. everyone had their nikes on and a roll of quarters in their pocket. Freak show if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Heaven's Gate was a UFO cult that beleived, amoung other things, that there was an alien spaceship in the tail of a comet (hale bopp? I forget which) that was going to be insight of earth. Their cult leader beleived that if they all commited suicide when the comet was passing by that their souls would be transported to the comet and they would live happily with the aliens.
Police/investigators entered their compounds and found that they had commited mass suicide. Their bodies layed in their bunk beds, i recall seeing images of them covered with sheets with the occasional listless sneaker hanging out from underneath it.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
lol, dreanged physcopaths if you ask me, but very intresting.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I also remember this group, they put cyanide in apple sauce and ate it. But the most grotesque news item was the interview with one member that had himself castrated. He was going on about being liberated from the controls of sexual urges and what not. Very disturbing group. I did get to see the Hale Bop comet from Southern MA and what a site.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

when the comet was passing by that their souls would be transported to the comet and they would live happily with the aliens.

Wrong, they believed Hale-Bopp to the marker for the "exiting" they did believe a UFO was behind the comet and that once they shed their "containers" their souls would be transfered into genderless Next Level (Alien) bodies.

Here is the statement on the Heaven's Gate website:

Whether Hale-Bopp has a "companion" or not is irrelevant from our perspective. However, its arrival is joyously very significant to us at "Heaven's Gate ®." The joy is that our Older Member in the Evolutionary Level Above Human (the "Kingdom of Heaven") has made it clear to us that Hale-Bopp's approach is the "marker" we've been waiting for -- the time for the arrival of the spacecraft from the Level Above Human to take us home to "Their World" -- in the literal Heavens. Our 22 years of classroom here on planet Earth is finally coming to conclusion -- "graduation" from the Human Evolutionary Level. We are happily prepared to leave "this world" and go with Ti's crew.

If you study the material on this website you will hopefully understand our joy and what our purpose here on Earth has been. You may even find your "boarding pass" to leave with us during this brief "window."

We are so very thankful that we have been recipients of this opportunity to prepare for membership in Their Kingdom, and to experience Their boundless Caring and Nurturing.

(Emphasis mine)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I also remember this group, they put cyanide in apple sauce and ate it.

It was phenobarbital mixed with apple sauce or pudding and it was chased down with vodka. Then they placed plastic bags over their heads. It was done in three groups, after the first group died the second and third group took off the plastic bags off the first groups heads and placed a large purple cloth of their heads while they were arranged on the bed, the second group then committed suicide in the same manner then the third group took off the plastic bags and arranged the body, etc then the last group which was only two people then killed themselves and of course they still had their plastic bags on their heads. More information here.

new topics

top topics

join