It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice is suing the IRS to get audits of Trump’s tax returns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
And this is why I LOVE Vice.

Vice is suing the IRS to get audits of Trump’s tax returns

Vice News has served the IRS with a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit demanding the release of any and all audits of Trump’s tax returns from 2002 onward, due to the candidate’s ongoing refusal to release the returns himself. Despite initial promises, Trump has said he is unable to divulge their contents because returns between 2002 and 2008 “have been closed administratively by agreement with the IRS,” and that returns from 2009 onward are currently under audit. While the IRS hasn’t confirmed any of this, the agency has said it would be “rare” for anyone to be audited continually year after year as Trump says he has been, and further stated that, even if he were, there is nothing that would legally prevent him from releasing them anyway.

And just to step it up a notch:

For good measure, Vice is also suing the FBI for any documents related to two comments made by Trump concerning his opponent Hillary Clinton: The first having to do with his purported call for her assassination, and the second when he asked Russia to hack her email servers — a statement many characterized as treason.

Well played, Vice. Well played indeed.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why doesn't Vice sue the FBI and IRS for information regarding the Clinton Foundation and their investigation into the e-mail scandal?

Any honest journalist would cover the debate from both angles in the interests of truth, which apprently Vice isn't interested in.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Trump didn't call for her assassination nor hacking her. Where do you get that from?

Twisting his words to suit an agenda is ignorant.

As for his tax returns, I hope he provides them like he did his medical records.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I don't know, I don't make decisions for Vice.

But this is awesome. Trump has some shady ties all over the world. If Vice can use legal pressure to shed some light on the subject and get some truth about the Trump money clip exposed to the public, I say , bravo!

The Hillary E-mail scandal is not going to be swayed by the law, methinks. IMO, the court of public opinion is going to be the nail in her coffin. Theres enough evidence of her lying and deceit available now. Voting for her is willingly turning a blind eye to the corrupt.

Trump on the other hand, despite his constant, seemingly never ending stream of half truths and ridiculous rhetoric hasn't come under the same scrutiny as Clinton. Particularly because no one has been able to crack his mail servers, or get behind the Cloudflares hosting his site to hack him the way Hillary and the DNC have been hacked.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Vice used to be notable in the world of underground journalism and odd topics, now they're just a mouthpiece for the far left and progressive movements.

link   

Thank god for Clinton's willingness to sacrifice herself to the evil forces that control the earth in order to beat the hulking demon Donald Trump.

For without her we would be doomed.

Trump is not only a hulking demon but most probably Lucifer's only child and the much spoken about Anti-Christ of the bible.

Her incredible drive and honesty is the only way for us to beat him!

link   
a reply to: KawRider9

LMAO.

Look, i didn't say it. It's a quote from the source. Direct your anger toward them.

There is this, though:

Pretty suggestive...
edit on 14-9-2016 by AnonyMason because: reply tags

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

And this.... "I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails missing"... Thats a pretty clear call to action.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And I'll add that "Vice" is absolutely the funnest division in the police department...

I applaud them just for the entertainment factor, this must be a big relief for such a "great businessman" to get this off His chest and prove all that wealth He boasts about...

Can We get rid of both???

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And if this is what Vice is going to focus on out of everything they just lost a viewer. I am mad they were the last non mainstream I really loved.

Spoiler alert, Trump doesn't may enough taxes, no Sh**. He basically ran off of he uses every loophole and it's sad how many exist.
edit on 14-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe they should go back to writing trash articles about the status of transgender rights in rural Burundi or whatever they did before this.

The Islamic State documentary was interesting though. Props to them for that.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Thats what I would like to see, too. The same rules apply to Trump. He and Hillary both are hiding something with their health. Trump is definitely hiding things having to do with the money clip. I hope this comes to fruition.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Trump didn't call for her assassination nor hacking her. Where do you get that from?

Twisting his words to suit an agenda is ignorant.

As for his tax returns, I hope he provides them like he did his medical records.

Everyone know this, even them, But it makes for a better headline for them than DNC Leaks.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Maybe they should go back to writing trash articles about the status of transgender rights in rural Burundi or whatever they did before this.

The Islamic State documentary was interesting though. Props to them for that.

Totally agree, I preferred them when they were doing psychedelic frogs and stuff....

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You honestly think he's asking for her to be assassinated or hacked? Seriously?

Is your name Mason or are you a fellow brother? If you're a brother, I'll get to know ya a bit better before I blast on your ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is great and would be even better if it actually spurred some action. Unfortunately, it probably won't go anywhere. From the OP source:

It’s hard to say whether this litigation will actually result in a response from the IRS or FBI — the government tends to respond to anything FOIA-related when it feels like it, i.e. never at all. But it’s still a nice little “screw you” to the feds.

originally posted by: KawRider9

Um... Trump didn't release his medical records. But it will be interesting to hear, over the next few days, just where and when the information he "released" to Dr. Oz came from. I know he's claiming that the info came from a "physical" given by the same whack-doc that wrote that stupid letter. He probably sent a form up to the doctor's office by courier and he had 5 minutes to fill in some numbers. I've already heard that his weight from that "exam" is 267 and 236... Anyway, I care a lot more about his tax returns than his health or threats.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Utter BS foia is not for individuals, but for government, hes a private citizen, theyre reachin now because they're afraid
edit on 14-9-2016 by BlueJacket because: Syntax

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ever heard of HIPPA?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It has been sad to see Vice devolve into just another sell-out mainstream lapdog media outlet for the globalists.

Founder Gavin Mcinnes jumped off that trainwreck in the nick of time.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It was the last video outlet that I truly enjoyed. YouTube you had to skim through some trash but the HBO series was great.

Sad they have to focus energy on issues we can already guess why he won't release.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join