It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice is suing the IRS to get audits of Trump’s tax returns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well if nothing else you guys have all proven to me that both sides are exactly the same. When scrutiny is placed on the opposition, its the greatest thing imaginable, but turn that scrutiny in your candidates direction and out come the torches.

a reply to: KawRider9

Try me.

But fraternal ties regardless, blast away. I'm interested to see you show your true character. It shouldn't matter If i am a brother or not. You should treat people the same. And blasting someone for offering up something that clashes with your personal or political views is not a very good example of circumscribing desire, or keeping passions within due bounds. Operate on the level in all your interactions, brother.

a reply to: BlueJacket

When an individual aspires to hold the most powerful seat in the country their privacy no longer exists. Privacy does belong to citizens. But when you want the right to take the seat of President of the United States some details of your life will have to be laid bare. Namely medical history, and financial history. To contest that as a standard is to contest the last 200 years of Presidents who have disclosed both. If you need evidence of that I would direct your attention here and here.

a reply to: BlueJacket

I'm not suggesting a breach of HIPPA. Trump has to sign on off on disclosing his medical records. Pretty quick to jump to that conclusion though.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I'm non partisan, but I do understand the passion on both sides. This election is the worst of any country that claims to be developed and democratic.

My big disappointment is this is what they're throwing money and resources at. He doesn't pay enough taxes and probably has sketchy business affiliations. The second we don't need his tax returns to prove.
edit on 14-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Vice used to be notable in the world of underground journalism and odd topics, now they're just a mouthpiece for the far left and progressive movements.

Agreed. Obvious agenda is obvious. I blocked their crappy TV channel too. Totally depraved topics.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why would trumps tax returns be eligible for FOIA?
he wasn't a government employee, they're his personal records. Its not a legal requirement to release them.
he also didn't call for her assassination nor did he ask for Russia to hack her.

this thread, like this request is a total load of crap. Its nothing but an attempt to cause discussion out in the world by Hillary Supporters thinking it nullifies all her crimes.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It's far from that. But i love how you Trump people instantly crap on scrutiny as something that pro Hillary.

Whoever runs for president needs to be thoroughly vetted. It's our job as citizens and voters to do that. If you don't believe me you can check my post history. IMO, Hillary is a liar and a criminal. I am firmly anti Clinton and Firmly anti Trump.

So far the only ones full of crap are the instantly angry Trump supporters. Can't take a little criticism of your boy, eh? It's shameful from both sides how blindly, and unquestioning their followers are. The writing on the wall is that no matter who wins this election both option are as corrupt as they come. Both are power hungry, greedy, liars who won't hesitate to take the law into their own hands. Trump is an egotistical sociopath. You guys really want the former game show host from 'The Apprentice' running this country? You guys are just as bad as the instantly angry Hillary supporters. Can't accept scrutiny for what it is, or face the facts that your candidate is full of crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If they were so worried about it, why is happening right now? Right when all the BS is ramping up on the left, hmm I wonder. Deflection? The lefts typical tactic.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Vice does some great documentaries, but they are going the way of Gawker. They need to purge themselves of their biases and wacky staff members.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

My true character is truth.

And for the most part, I do treat everyone the same. I was just saying I'd look more into your posting history than a non Mason. Hypocritical? YES!, but I'm being honest. Showcasing ignorance makes me want to call ya out, brother or not.

As for my political views, I'm saddened by our choices. I've defended every candidate running and it makes me want to give up on humanity! I just refuse to let ignorant lies to grow legs.

If you wanna debate, I'm 100% all in, as long as we stick to truth and facts. Speculation of the meaning of what someone said is neither and I will remind you to "subdue your passions".

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I like the attempt, but I don't think they have any legal basis for the lawsuit. I imagine this will be thrown out of court.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the question still stands :
Trump is a private citizen, he has never worked in a government capacity.
why do you believe his tax returns should be eligible for FOIA ?

Have you ever been audited? do you believe your tax returns should then public property to be put online for the world to see?

the IRS would have screamed from the mountain tops if anything was sour in Trumps returns. Just like the entire government has done everything it can to discredit trump. You think the IRS/government forgot to look at his tax returns?

There's nothing there. I'm betting Trumps holding them, so he can say
'' Ill release my returns if you release your bank speeches, or your state dept emails, or your Clinton Foundation records ''

of course, she''ll refuse and all the pro Hillary people will jump on the tax return issue again

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Vice used to be notable in the world of underground journalism and odd topics, now they're just a mouthpiece for the far left and progressive movements.

No. They're still the same people who snuck cameras into North Korea and interviewed high level members of cartels.

They're a bit to the left (and I don't listen to them on anything to do with the election), but they're a great investigative journalism team. We have very few groups like that left in the world and they do good work

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They can't sue to get a copy of a private citizens tax returns.
Nor medical records.
Nor college transcripts.

These are not public record.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
VICE ....What is there in a name ?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I just watched the video you posted, he said if she's elected POTUS and gets to pick her judges it'd be a horrible day.

And the Russia thing is deflection. Clinton had had classified information on multiple unclassified systems and she got hacked, there's leaked classified American intelligence somewhere, and she could possibly be blackmailed by who knows how many foreign entities that should be the investigation

Those cases are a waste of money, he should release his tax returns tho
edit on 14-9-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Legend has it he emailed a photo copy to Clinton, they should FOIA her emails

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't know if it was mentioned I only skimmed through the thread but,

VICE News is owned by Bill Maher.

That should make things a little clearer for those here that have rescinded their viewership.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

and suddenly it all made sense. Edgy NPR.

Let's see if the FOIA request works, should be interesting. He'd have to do some really wicked things to make the polls budge, as he can simply compare what he did to what she did. Tax evasion is morally small fries compared to her issues.
I doubt it will show anything morally as bad as Hugging a kid while having pneunomia/flu. In the court of public opinion it wont do anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well played, Vice. Well played indeed.

As nice as this idea sounds to a pair of ears on an anti-Trump head, your optimism is wasted. Vice may be generating a bit of sound and fury in the blog-o-sphere, but will accomplish nothing beyond adding one more set of lungs to the chorus calling for Trump to release his records.

A taxpayer's records - any taxpayer - whether Presidential Candidate or Used Car Salesman are NOT subject to FOIA act disclosure. Period. End of Story. Trump can disclose them if he chooses, but the IRS can never do so.

Nor will they get anything from the FBI about 'ongoing investigations'.

And I, for one, am very happy for that to remain the case.

That said, Trump SHOULD absolutely CHOOSE to release his records.
edit on 15/9/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I like the attempt, but I don't think they have any legal basis for the lawsuit. I imagine this will be thrown out of court.

Nah, it'll never even make it to court.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ever heard of HIPPA?

Yes, I've heard of HIPAA. HIPAA guarantees that we can access our information and can release it to anyone of our choosing. I'm not suggesting anyone sue to see Trump's medical records. I'm suggesting that he reveal them, as every other president does, and as he is challenging Hillary to do.

Donald Trump challenged Hillary Clinton Sunday to release "detailed medical records" and said he would have "no problem" releasing his own.
"I think that both candidates, Crooked Hillary and myself, should release detailed medical records. I have no problem in doing so! Hillary?" Trump tweeted.

Source

Now, perhaps you can explain the point of your post?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join