It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence: Could You Love a Robot?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
U just can't love a robot it's machinery and it would be wrong to love it

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Humans are capable of loving anyone/anything due to the fact that we can love and/or fall in love.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In the original question, if I found out after a decade that I was with a robot, it wouldn't change my feelings.

If I knew ahead of time it was a robot? Well I might not be in love deep down in my soul, but I could love it. I love my motorcycle and I know that it is a machine. Well, then again, I probably have an unnatural relationship with my motorcycle.

Anyway, I might not be fully in love with a robot, but I would be really really happy with it. That's good enough for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For people who gave this thread a lot of thoughts - I would very much recommend the movie "Bicentennial Man with Robin Williams. Its not a comedy as written most places, but a drama.

A pure masterpiece in my eyes, and does make you think a lot about loving a robot.

I highly recommend it, and would love to share thoughts if anyone sees it after reading this post. (Feel free to u2u)

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I love my car.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
You are lonely and never had a stable, loving relationship. Then a new humanoid robot comes on the market. This android will be everything that you ever desired, emotionally and physically. Would you buy one?

Yes please. Where can I get one?

Robots are much more interesting than humans. Consider me a robosexual.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
why the hell not? People are obsessed with cars, airplanes, computers, handhelds. Add cognitive skills and the ability to fornicate and you have yourself a gold mine.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well many is the time I have been driving home late at night,talking to the lady with the sultry sexy voice on the passenger side..

I talk about life,the future and where is it all heading..She always says exactly the right thing at the right time..

"Go-straight-over-the-next-roundabout-and-take-the-second-exit-on-the-right."

Oh my sweet,sexy satnav,WHERE would I be without you??

[edit on 26-5-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Sure. I don't see why not. Decades or centuries from now the line between human and machine may be blurred anyway.

Originally posted by cropsmoker
U just can't love a robot it's machinery and it would be wrong to love it

That's your opinion and many do not agree. I have a feeling that, one day, such a statement will be considered racism in a way. As I said, the line between man and machine may just continue to blur as time goes on...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wecomeinpeace

I don't know if I could love a robot, but I'm pretty sure that someone, somewhere could.

That's the thing about humans. We're all so different. Any act you can think of has someone -- usually many more than one -- capable of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join