It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest Warrant Issued For Journalist Amy Goodman After Covering Dakota Access Pipeline Protests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: dreamingawake

Our government needs the living sh1t kicked out of it.

i would imagine many in the world are working on it. The police state won't stop it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

someone get this guy a pat on the back he wants acknowledgment for predicting arrests at a protest,

its a shame they are singling out the press for trespass charges, but it is also very hard to argue in favor of allowing them to trespass, is it proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that her feet actually stood on private land? perhaps she was at the border to it?

link   

Nothing surprises me anymore.

The Greed and Power in the USA have disrespected the Laws of our land. It is obvious now, thanks to social media for exposing their greedy aggression against We The People.

The Greedy of running a pipe line through sacred burial grounds of some of our ancestry proves these people have no respect for our history, country, culture, and laws.

This kind of behavior should not be allowed and it is time for Americans to take a stand.

Now the Greedy are arresting reporters, Journalist, who exercise their freedom of speech Granted by our Constitution.

Look who is really breaking the laws, it is not the protesters. And we call this America?

link   
Looks like the lines in the sand are getting drawn bigtime.

Here today's story:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

someone get this guy a pat on the back he wants acknowledgment for predicting arrests at a protest,

Aw, thanks, NobodiesNormal. I'm not normal either.

Now, when the usual protests happen, the ones against ideas, like BLM, the police are pretty good at rounding people up and arresting them. I remember the G20 protests in Toronto where they 'kettled' an entire block and arrested everyone caught in that trap.

Out in the middle of nowhere (Cannon Ball), it's going to be dicey and, so far, it's only been company goons and dogs against the protesters. They (the goons) can't win in this game and if the gubmint decides to go against the protesters, it'd be the US military vs. the protesters. Seen that before right here in Canada. Google Oka Crisis... that was over a golf course.

A few hundred arrests may not solve this Texas company's problems and there's a good chance for live rounds.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Beyond infuriating!

Warren's memo also noted that because of what it called "misinformation" in the news, the company is working to "communicate with the government and media more clearly in the days to come."

Warren said the company had consulted with more than 55 tribes, including the Standing Rock Sioux, and added that ETP values and respects "cultural diversity and the significant role that Native American culture plays in our nation's history and its future and hope to be able to strengthen our relationship with the Native American communities as we move forward with this project."

Archambault said the consultations were one-sided and that "they met with us after their plans were already made."

From the New York Times

Jack Schaaf, 60, has been keeping away from the grassy camp where thousands of Native Americans have joined the Standing Rock Sioux tribe’s fight against an oil pipeline.

Where Native Americans see the camp as a scene of prayer and peaceful protests, Mr. Schaaf and other ranchers and residents in the conservative, overwhelmingly white countryside view the protests with a mix of frustration and fear, reflecting the deep cultural divides and racial attitudes in Indian country.

“You get 2,000, 3,000 Natives together — is it safe?” Mr. Schaaf asked as he mowed the grass outside a home he and his son are building next to a cornfield, about 10 miles north of the camp.

He then goes on to say that he has no problem with people for standing up for cause...As long as it doesn't interfere with his ability to get a pizza.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

What's little talked about is the Native Americans who are coming down from Canada to stand with the protesters. We have a few of them... in fact, they are the fastest growing demographic in this country.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

She edited the video there was no dog bite it was faked for the camera. The protestors went on to there property to attempt to stop the construction of an access road. Ot isn't Indian property it's owned by the company and that's why it's trespassing. Jill Stine supposedly spray painTed a vehice don't know how true that is. But she is charged with destruction of property.

Yep thats right she is a dirty protestor and should arrested and jailed like anyone else who sticks their nose where it doesnt belong.....

Why would the American people want to work together ?....The blacks protest people turn a blind eye and say they were dirty criminals and deserve it, the occupy movement...meh criminals, the bundy;s protest get arrested, people say they deserved it, then we have Oregon still nobody coming together....people get shot and arrested still the people are apathetic and say they deserve it...now we have the Natives protesting and will be arrested and called criminals....

I think you may be running out of people who will actually get of their fat asses and stand up to the ever encroaching guberment ....who do we blame when there is no one left to protest and the guberment continues to erode the peoples rights ?

Here we are and the people will remain silent, broken and divided......pretty fkn sad...
edit on 13-9-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

She was trespassing. And from what I saw, she could have filmed from the other side of the fence without trespassing.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Amy Goodman is one of the last remaining true journalists in the country and has remained so for the better part of twenty years. If she's on to a story you better believe it has relevance. Her integrity is second to none and she deserves backup.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hopefully this pipeline plan falls through...
The natives don't want it and rightly, if it's on their land, it's their resources.

When has that ever stopped "them"? It'll just take longer to grab all the land this time and I seriously doubt that The Native will fall for a Bible™ and dis-ease like the last time...

Just for snips and giggles see who has sold the most Budweiser™ in singles.. (at one time #1 and #2 were 2 Shop & Robs at the entrance of the Reservation where alcohol is prohibited...)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I agree with the second statement.

If the first statement is correct, were warrants issued for every single protester trespassing? Or was it just her?

Not trying to be argumentative, digging to see what happened?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So sickening seeing this redundance being played out over and over.
The people see dangers and do the best they can to fight the
powerful, greedy and their destructive ongoing careless
ways peacefully. The powerful get their way. And exactly what the people
feared happens. Over and over and over and damn near everytime.
These are acts of war straight out. And treating them as such only
gives them an excuse to massacre.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Hopefully this pipeline plan falls through...
The natives don't want it and rightly, if it's on their land, it's their resources.

When has that ever stopped "them"? It'll just take longer to grab all the land this time and I seriously doubt that The Native will fall for a Bible™ and dis-ease like the last time...

Just for snips and giggles see who has sold the most Budweiser™ in singles.. (at one time #1 and #2 were 2 Shop & Robs at the entrance of the Reservation where alcohol is prohibited...)

pipelines going through its a dome deal. 5he land has been purchased and ranchers are being paid to allow it through there land. Environmental studies done. And even cultural studies to avoid heritage sites. By the way somethin thr reservation indians arent telling you. Prior to thr projects start they were asked about any cultural sites in the area. Then they didn't have a problem with it. Now something has changed I suspect I know what that was but I won't speculate.

They will be out there protesting and the pipeline will be built. But it's always the same problem with pipelines everyone worries about if it breaks and destroying and the environmental impact. As far as spills it safer than trucks. The real problem is the disruption of wild life. But let's be honest wildlife doesn't pay taxes so they don't get any representation. Like the stupid idea of running it down a river. There a spill could potentially kill fish which leads to other environmental disasters.

Bottom line the pipeline e is going through the Indians should be arguning about the damage to the wildlife in the area. Instead they coming up with one bogus claim after another. They aren't helping the fight against the pipeline they are hurting it. You attack there environmental studies that's how you stop them. But all and all its better to have that oIL shipped through a pipeline than trucks on the road the environmental impact is much lower. So honestly I'm torn on this issue. Because it will effect wild life in the area. But one thing I do know I will defend anyone's right to do what they want on there land. The company bought this land or is renting it from ranchers. So if a rancher says it's ok to build a pipeline on his land who am I to argue with him.
edit on 9/13/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I believe the total number of issued warrants is 22. 20 for issued were for trespass. The two protesters that attached themselves to construction equipment were issued warrants for a charge I can't remember at the moment.
edit on 13-9-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

So do the native Americans...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
My mobile has trump disease
edit on 14-9-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: twohawks

So do the native Americans...
actually they both have been bought and paid for. People are niave if you think this is just people nit wanting the pipeline near them. There is very powerful people that don't want this pipeline so oil can't be removed from the bakken oil fields oh and Canada. This is a way to make transport of the oil cheaper meaning it will secure the US spot as the number one oil producer in the world. The US allready produces more barrels than the Saudis and sit on a bigger supply. This is simply the switch from the US being energy dependent to self sufficient. People don't like thr idea that the US becomes thr number one supplier in thr world it scares alot of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The end game is to silence all real journalism, shut it down or twist it to their own ends. This kind of independent investigation will be attacked mercilessly by an overreaching government.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You are saying the media and the native Americans have been bought and paid for ?.....IS there anything you can show me to back that up ?....What you are saying there sounds reasonable im just not sure i believe it...yet...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join