It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the flew over the bay area tonight...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Ohhhhh, good call. The drone possibility is an idea...I just don't feel like it would have been flying so fast. But then again, it could have been closer than it seemed.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I know man, I fricking blew it recording this one. It was tougher than I thought to capture this with a 6X spotting scope and no tripod.
Like I said, not our finest moment in photography

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Looks sorta like a commercial grade quad.

What kind of commercial grade quad "disappears" like that though..?
A slow vertical descent followed by what must be cloaking/warp near ground level?

OP can you just clarify about those pics in a safe in your previous post please?
Are they as good as this- no wonder you were concerned.

edit on 12-9-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone
Cloaking? Why not turning the lights off?

Cloaking is the first thing to pop into your head?
edit on 9/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Cloaking? Why not turning the lights off?

Yes I agree with you Phage.
I was being sarcastic by highlighting a vertical descent is actually quite common for a drone.

I would have thought his previous comments about pics in safes would have most people running for the exit but hey ho/

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I've seen weird things over L.A. too. One night I was sitting on the roof of my building in Hollywood with some friends and from out of nowhere something left a giant blue streak in the sky headed towards downtown L.A. I thought, "Oh ####, here it comes." (thinking it was a missile or something but there was no explosion, nothing). Another time I was riding the amtrak from L.A. to San Diego and I've got my headphones on staring out the window (I was on the left side of the train) and I notice everyone getting up and looking out the window, so I get up and look out over the ocean and there's a huge vortex looking cloud directly on the horizon where the ocean and sky meet and it's moving in the same direction as the train only faster and it's leaving a "trail" of cloud behind it as it was moving. Maybe some weird weather type thing but who knows.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA
At least you recorded something. When I experienced a big grey triangle floating over me I sat there with my phone in my pocket the whole time. Not one of my finer moments lol.

ETA: Were you able to make out any type of shape of the craft?

edit on 12-9-2016 by underwerks because: question

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The photos I have stored in a safe are ones that I'll never post or talk about until whatever is on said photos is declassified. =X
I don't have any NDA's, but I do have a sense of respect for these guys. On One of my favorite project patches reads:
"Don't Ask! N.O.Y.F.B"
(None Of Your "Fudgin'" Business)
And they're right, it is N.O.Y.F.B if you haven't worked on these projects.
That doesn't exactly stop me from doing what I do, but it does make me respect the compartmentalization, isolation, and secrets that are carried on their shoulders, secrets which can't even be told to their loved ones.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you get a chance maybe you could read over my strange aircraft sighting and give your thoughts (if you're able to). I have no idea what this thing was. This goes for any other aircraft guys on here as well. I'm curious that it might be the same thing or something similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Negative. No shape visible. At all. Which made me feel like it was further away from me than I had originally thought.
I was an idiot and had my Canon eos6D downstairs with a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached to it.
Of course when I ran downstairs to get my phone, and totally spaced on a better recording device.
It was only dumb luck that I had decided to bring the Bushnell up in the first place.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I will buddy. Very curious!! I need to take an internet break, but I'll be back on here before lunch.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That blue streak is also that blue star. Ive observed it do the streak too. Back in late 90s early 2000s

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How would you possibly know if it's been declassified or not when you don't know what it is? Just curious. I think you've seen something that isn't what you think it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So just a couple of thoughts (I'm up in SF Bay Area airspace all the time.)

Looks like an aircraft
D/l and app like flightaware of Flightradar. If it is a object and has an ADS-B you would see it.

The NOTAM for Beale is not that unusual. When we fly South we often will get them for Ft. Hunter Ligget etc (its really cool if they are out on the range with their M-2 sending rounds downrange when we have or NVG's on)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

I'm beginning to see why more and more people are saying its a commercial drone.
Something my girlfriend and I witnessed on our cruise a few months ago, definitely reminded me of what i saw last night. And that was DEFINITELY not a drone. Whatever I saw, it seemed to not like our rules on physics, because it was defying them the entire time we witnessed whatever it was. Zooming around, stopping on dime, then going the way it came at even greater speeds.
It was not a drone. That I can promise you. But I don't like talking about it much since i did not take photos or videos of it.
The object we saw last night reminded me of that, but only because of the speeds it was travelling.

It's also totally possible that, from the angle I was watching from last night, provided the illusion of it seeming to be further away than it actually is,
Therefore making its acceleration and movements look much more impressive.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thanks for the info Fred! I'm actually quite the FR 24 nut

Didn't think to look at fr24 during, but I did afterwards. I'll post those screenshots later after I review them, as I haven't been able to research a few unusual call signs that are on here. I've actually posted on the Beale NOTAMs on this forum(or the area 51 forum) and it was explained to me the frequency of the NOTAM and it not being a big deal. I was more interested in the part where they threaten pilots who interfere or obstruct the NOTAM with police coming to pay you a visit.
Do they usually make such a big point of that?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I actually camp alot down by Hunter-Ligget. Thanks for that heads up. I'll make sure to start looking for camping spots around there that have a good view of the skies.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Depends on what the TFR is for. You usually get a talking to for busting one. Many times the FAA is waiting when you get to parking, but it could be Secret Service, FBI, or DIA pretending to be someone else.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Even if it WAS the deepest, blackest, thing ,they would show their hand if they acted on it.
THATS why there are fewer KOOKS than real experiencers here.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

A highly classified platform was photographed in the UK. About five minutes after he got home they were knocking on his door with a very nice check in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join