It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the flew over the bay area tonight...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I remember you recanting this story on another forum long ago.
What a lucky bloke that guy is.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

Oh god yes. The numbers tossed around were crazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

"Hearts and Minds" op, the sneaky bastards...MUST be the internet.
edit on 12-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Oh god yes. The numbers tossed around were crazy.

If id only gotten pictures😯

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

We've gotten close to interesting stuff a couple times, but never quite there Dammit.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
You'd be a hero if you had, but probably banned from ever posting on this forum. We'd miss you, lol

I'm guessing since no one from a three letter agency has knocked on my door, I'm guessing it was either a drone, or they laughed at how shaky I was filming, and don't care

On another note, I Iooked at FR24, only one bird in the vicinity. a Eurocopter.
Pretty sure this is not a Eurocopter

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

What the hell do you think in a cockpit when ...you don't know WHAT it is gets close, ID easy close?
Shoot,sh#t or watch?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Unless your plane can stop in mid air, hope that they notice you and let them do the maneuvers.

edit on 9122016 by HomeyKXTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Who said anything about being in a cockpit? You think you're only going to see something air to air? They have to take off and land and taxi around on the ramp.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

THEN you SHUT up and forget ,but what about in flight?
No IFF or squawk ,yet THERE it is.
What would that be like?
I read about an incident at a landing site between sf and aliens in Vietnam, and the team leader said his mind began recalling all the sci fi and then was worried about being disintegrated.
But in a FIGHTER and close?
YOU can't be happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So I'm just a regular guy on ATS. I read this story in the a.m. and couldn't wait to see this video. But low and behold another vid of a blinky dot in the sky.

I believe that if you have something that you are not willing to share ( like pictures) than why talk about them? Don't tell me what you have and than not share. That is just not right.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

Unimpressed.... light in the sky .. shaky hand

All the preamble promised so much.

/next

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
cloud cover at 3500......it's a drone at one mile....w/special lights package??....
great job, I can judge position and movement since ya got the foreground well.....drone at 1700 and 2500 AGL
edit on 12-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 12-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 12-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Sorry to disappoint. I guess I'll just have to work with my monocular more often.
I promise, that the next time I see something worth sharing, the video will not leave you guys high and dry, and shall be worth your time, and the footage will be slightly more stable

Sorry again for the disappointment, and thanks for the support
/Signing off

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Surely there would have been more people about as well right? You can't imagine that you have the only pictures (that aren't being posted). I'm not familiar with the Bay area, so I'll accept that I may not know what I'm talking about, but I imagine it's pretty fairly well populated, and there are probably a good number of people looking out over it. I can't imagine that you were alone in that.

I really don't think there's that much there, other than a really neat light show.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

There is also quite a bit of air traffic in the area. Most people probably saw the lights and passed it off as a plane and ignored it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA

youtu.be...
Footage taken at 20.43
Looking northwest towards the north bay.
The area this object was spotted nearby is a noted training area for civilian pilots.
I know this training zone well, as I used to train there with my instructor when I was trying to rack up hours towards getting my pilots license.

Whoa.

Definite speed things going on with that. Deceleration, acceleration, and vector changes that are not typical for helicopters or planes that we know of.

My guess is a reverse engineered craft, re built or a freshy that utilizes r.e. schematics. That stuff is going on in the bay area.
edit on 12-9-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Shugo

There is also quite a bit of air traffic in the area. Most people probably saw the lights and passed it off as a plane and ignored it.

Correct 99%+ ppl hardly pay attention to stuff in the sky. Makes it easy to test craft without much questioning.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Sometimes I feel like San Francisco would be a great testing area for planes with new types of visual camouflage.
The city has a Bunch of druggies, hipsters, and spiritually eccentric people.
group 1 would think their drugs are way too strong if they were to notice visual camouflage.
group 2 would be too busy trying to find the newest band that no one has heard about and brag about it on Reddit.
And Group 3 would probably just contact MUFON, talking about a cloaked UFO flying over them and contacting them psychically.
Obviously that's a broad stretch, classifying most everyone in SF into three different groups, but hopefully you get the jist of what I'm saying.
Here's a better way of saying it.
I'd bet that the only time 80%+ of the bay area looks up to spot airplanes, is during fleet week to watch the blue Angels. No ones looking.
We had a U-2 fly over the bay without any RAM paint(VERY rare sight so I'm told) and no one noticed it, not even myself. girlfriend saw it out the window of work and knew it was special, texted me immediately: "look out the window" and this was at a time when she didn't know what the heck RAM even stood for.
I never saw it, but she explained the plane exactly, and when I showed her a picture of a NASA dragon lady, she confirmed "yeah, but the paint looked really different in color..."
So I showed her a normal dragon lady with a normal paint scheme.
Nope, that wasn't it either.
Now, I know that seeing a U-2 over a populated area isn't the biggest deal, but I still haven't heard a single plane spotter mention this über rare plane being spotted, let alone photographed flying over the bay.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's a routine low level TFR which is used for any number of reasons like POTUS travel, sporting events, and the like. It's not for a very high performance aircraft since it's only a 10 mile radius and only goes up to 18,000 feet. Unless you fly through the airspace, you have no problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join