It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Australians view of the US elections .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

If the US were to totally collapse my grand kids might grow up speaking Indonesian .

I'd probably be pissed off at the leaders of my country for putting me in such a vulnerable situation.

I see a lot of people blaming the US, until it works. Then they're back to blaming the US.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Text But when I look at it from my perspective in Aussie. We're in no better situation. Try explaining our political forum over the last six years to a septic.

Better situation perhaps not , but a really bad prime minister can easily be removed from office . Not sure if thats the case in the US .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I'd probably be pissed off at the leaders of my country for putting me in such a vulnerable situation.

Dont get me wrong , i appreciate the security that the US gives Australia . We have 24/5 million people .Indonesia has 250 million .
edit on 11-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

As an Australian it is my god given right to butcher the English language .

Yeah but it makes you sound like a American

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

yep! lets roll the dice and see just how f*kd things can get

- from some dude!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Ah, but wait...

After the election comes the two years of accusations of voter fraud by which ever side lost. Followed by two more years of run up to the next one...

Get your program here...!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Why would you let your own country be so dependant on another?

The USA didnt give the world a choice after the WW2

originally posted by: rockintitz
We're all dealing with poor leadership. Yet I don't find myself worrying about your next election.

Because Australia doesnt dominate the world economically or militarily.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

...every time i go to ATS the place is swamped with US election threads.....

The reason for that is because, as you say

...if your country goes down the tube , mine and many more will go down with you....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The US is bigger than its President. The US won't collapse, even if both Presidential choices are morons and clearly poor choices. Their tenure will be fleeting.

There are too many links between the US and the developed (and democratic) world that cannot be undone by a poor President in the US. Just like in Europe and the EU, BREXIT for the UK will change a few things but the UK is still a part of Europe and cultural and national ties are deeply embedded.

Australia has a bright future and the ability to shape the whole region along with other nations.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah but it makes you sound like a American

You can hear the text , Ok i get you . lol. Perhaps its the 4 years around Americans in Woomera in the 80s . Mind you almost to a man they believed our compulsory voting system was far better than their own .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

After the election comes the two years of accusations of voter fraud by which ever side lost. Followed by two more years of run up to the next one...

Voter fraud in a US election . Surely not .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Actually Australia has a very strong economy , certainly not the largest but pretty good for our population size en.wikipedia.org... . As for our military , yes heavily reliant on overseas countries for hardware .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

My kind regards from the north coast NSW. Bally.

PS put your money on the crows next week .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that the madness won't be over after US election day, but will continue for at least another year with post election tears and fears.
I too am sick of this election fever but I am also terrified of the outcome of the results, terrified that either trump or Clinton will win.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Actually Australia has a very strong economy , certainly not the largest but pretty good for our population size en.wikipedia.org... . As for our military , yes heavily reliant on overseas countries for hardware .

It has a strong economy for its size.

But the USA economy by the sheer size of it population dwalfs us common wealth countrys put together.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
One thing I admire about the AMerican system is that the candidates can fill a big stadium with crowds cheering, singing the national anthem and proudly waving american flags. There's no such thing in Australia, we don't have the same pride in our heritage or hope for our future. In the run up to every election we are cynical and fatigued by it all

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

we don't have the same pride in our heritage or hope for our future

Not sure which part of Australia you are in with that comment .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

As an Australian it is my god given right to butcher the English language .

Put it in chains and make it build it's own dictionary.

Lmao gotya !!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: savemebarry

As for it not going over well . hmmm disconnect button still works . Also i said an Australians view not Australia's .

As meaningless as saying a Non-US citizen, with all the trimmings, then.

Glad you have an opinion. as a singular human being with no other affiliations.

Oo

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Not sure which part of Australia you are in with that comment .

We can rule out Cronulla.

It's true tho, our disrespect for authority and government is one of our greatest strengths I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join