It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Annee

I haven't noticed the 'moral compass' of liberals ever being any deterrent whatsoever to them engaging in negative attacks or mudslinging. Seems to be their favorite political tactic from where I'm sitting.

Have to go back a few decades.

But, GOP definitely uses that tactic of: "We can do it, but you can't"

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sounds like her stated statistics are about right, based on my experience.

I would have probably included "willfully ignorant reality deniers" in the negative 50% group.

Here's a little closer quote to what Clinton actually said ...

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it." She added, "And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric." Clinton then said some of these people were "irredeemable" and "not America."

CNN

So, let me get this straight, so to speak. Many here at ATS who support Trump have commented that they appreciate him because he speaks his mind, right? Says what he thinks?

Trump has made no bones about the fact that he thinks anyone who opposes him are losers, unpatriotic, leeches, dummies, "standard retards" (ala Ann Coulter) etc., etc.

Clinton was certainly "non PC" in this statement ... wasn't she? LOL.

Many of you here regularly claim that anyone who is liberal or left of you are racist, losers, unpatriotic, leeches, dummies, etc.

It's okay when you say it, or when Trump says it ... just not Clinton?

Good for her. I hope she drops a lot more pretenses and says exactly what she means.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I've always found it laughable that the GOP mudslingers state - - - "its below the Liberals moral compass to use trash talk (or any kind of negative attack)".

They've always done this, at least as far as I can remember. "We can do it, but you can't"

I say Fight Fire with Fire.

Kind of a: "Don't Think About a Red Giraffe".

"Oh, I'm sorry - - guess I shouldn't have said that". "I apologize, make sure you don't think about a red giraffe".

Good one.

Think you are absolute right. This is not a partisan issue. Both sides do it. They throw mud and zingers at each other right up until election night. Unfortunately, it appears that our political system has been devolved into who ever can throw out the most dirtiest of accusations that resonate with the voters, they win, but we lose.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Its a matter of perception. Conservatives think liberals operate in a 'do as I say, not as I do' manner as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I just opened 4 MSM articles in a row about this and apparently Comments Are Disabled today.

Comments disabled in 4 MSM articles?

There is no such thing as real journalism anymore. The msm is so up the tails of the give-away-tax-more liberals that they will do anything to keep a handle on what We The People are saying.

The truth is We know. Yea, maybe there are some "deplorables" in the Trump corner, but there are plenty in the Hillary corner, too. We know that Trump supporters in general are not deplorable. They are everyday Americans that want things done right and are tired of the corruption, ineptness, waste, fraud, pay-to-play connections with sleazy foundations and crony corporatism.

It is time for a change....a REAL change and millions like what Donald is saying. We will make it work and Hillary can go back to bilking others for big bucks and pretending they are doing something for America.
edit on 10-9-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds like she is labeling a group for extermination.

Seig heil heir Clinton, you liberal broad stroker of hate.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkinsider

originally posted by: Annee
I've always found it laughable that the GOP mudslingers state - - - "its below the Liberals moral compass to use trash talk (or any kind of negative attack)".

They've always done this, at least as far as I can remember. "We can do it, but you can't"

I say Fight Fire with Fire.

Kind of a: "Don't Think About a Red Giraffe".

"Oh, I'm sorry - - guess I shouldn't have said that". "I apologize, make sure you don't think about a red giraffe".

Good one.

Think you are absolute right. This is not a partisan issue. Both sides do it. They throw mud and zingers at each other right up until election night. Unfortunately, it appears that our political system has been devolved into who ever can throw out the most dirtiest of accusations that resonate with the voters, they win, but we lose.

Peace
KD

This kind of stuff has gone on forever. Research some of the early political mudslingings.

Not exactly sure when the "politicians on a pedestal" ideology came about. It may work on small local elections, but not at this level.

I'm a former Republican, BTW. I'm only liberal when it comes to Equal Rights.

The "modern" GOP has always had this attitude that they can do whatever they want - - - but, its wrong when the opposition does it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Hope for Real "Change ..."

Now where have I heard that before ....?

Oh, that's right, every politician running for every office for the 50 or so years I've been aware of such things.

Well, QoS, if Americans as you say are tired of corruption, ineptness, waste, graft, fraud, etc., the last person they will support is Donald J. Trump.

I mean, get real.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Going Godwin eh?

Another right-wing hypocrisy revealed.

You don't like Clinton's plain talk either?

Shocker.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why doesn't she just talk about her policy? Like the one where she wants federal dollars to fund ALL abortions! I would think that would sink her immediately, yet I've never heard anyone mention it. Still, with the election essentially be tied at this point, yeah, she's calling 25% of America deplorable. Any facts to back that up? Nope!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Good for her. I hope she drops a lot more pretenses and says exactly what she means.

Me too.

"Fight Fire with Fire"

It is a 2 way street.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You just said Hillary is as bad as Trump, and then criticized Trump supporters for that.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: ketsuko

Why doesn't she just talk about her policy? Like the one where she wants federal dollars to fund ALL abortions!

I'd vote for her just for that.

NO - - I AM NOT GOING TO ENGAGE IN AN ABORTION DEBATE IN THIS THREAD.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well, QoS, if Americans as you say are tired of corruption, ineptness, waste, graft, fraud, etc., the last person they will support is Donald J. Trump.
I mean, get real.

Gryphon66, you're playing right into the hands of Trump supporters and confirming what's being said about Clinton supporters. But you probably know this.. right?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Going Godwin eh?

Shocker.

No, but she went full Adolph. The only thing left for her to do is take skull measurements, issue wrist bands, close their shops then fire up the ovens.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Her poll numbers will drop sharply if she is planning on showcasing
her personality, from what we know she is pompous, arrogant, and paranoid,

This could be fun watching her self destruct!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Going Godwin eh?

Shocker.

No, but she went full Adolph. The only thing left for her to do is take skull measurements, issue wrist bands, close their shops then fire up the ovens.

Full Adolf you mean? Or are you talking about meat tenderizer?

She said that there are about 11 million racists/sexists/homophobes, etc. supporting Trump. I'd put the number higher than that.

You're exaggerating ridiculously. Don't like it when a Democrat speaks their mind, eh?

LOL.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I mean, get real.

Gryphon66, you're playing right into the hands of Trump supporters and confirming what's being said about Clinton supporters. But you probably know this.. right?

When I am the topic here, we can discuss me.

Trump supporters believe that everything plays into their belief system, surely you've seen that, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

" Well, QoS, if Americans as you say are tired of corruption, ineptness, waste, graft, fraud, etc., the last person they will support is Donald J. Trump.
I mean, get real. "

The Man has never held Public Office , he is an Outsider to Both Political Parties , and your above description does not apply to him .

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Going Godwin eh?

Shocker.

Full Adolf you mean? Or are you talking about meat tenderizer?

She said that there are about 11 million racists/sexists/homophobes, etc. supporting Trump. I'd put the number higher than that.

You're exaggerating ridiculously. Don't like it when a Democrat speaks their mind, eh?

LOL.

When her mind promotes the path to genocide by singling out and labeling at the bare minimum 25+% of the US population as less than human, you bet people are going to take notice.

She is self destructing, her true hateful self is coming out from behind the carefully controlled persona out of fear and desperation.
edit on 10-9-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join