It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi Rider Cutie! Like Wis, I would love to hear more details of your adventures. I was wondering about the half men and half women thing too. Maybe the captain didn't want anyone to get bored. Shrugs shoulders.

Oh...awesome pics by the way!
edit on 14-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Oh Tom, you have generous tears flowing, thank you our sage. I have wandered endlessly.
So beautiful.
It seems to end a cycle that started fifteen years ago with "Country road take me home" by John Denver.
That is a very long story.

I share your songs with my sweetheart, they are much appreciated.
Will you please give Gail/Bug a tremendous hug from me. I often wonder how she is.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: visitedbythem
That is a wonderful adventure, please give us more details.
39 years ago, so you were a very young teen ager?
What seas did you sail in?
What does "half women, half men" mean? That there were equal amounts of both genders? I wonder why?
Being on a sail boat in high surf is a challenge. Did you sleep in hammocks or bunks.
The cook must have been a genius.
Those are the little details that make for a grand tale.

Remember, Im a few months older then Star

Pacific ocean

I slept in a fancy velvet lined bunk right next to the galley. I could smell the sweet fragrant pineapples hanging in baskets in the galley. It wafted on the breeze

I think he wanted to create a crew of potential couples

High surf..... LOL Yeah we got into some rough water. I may have been tethered. I was throwing up, and pumping a big manual bilge. We were racing through the Molokai channel, and the schooner was tipped over sideways as far as possible, with the sails full, captain screaming to tighten certain sails, waves going over the top of me, hanging on for dear life, and getting the hell out of the way when we turn and that big log hanging from the main sail swings directly at your head

edit on 14-10-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Tom that was an awesome Music video. Well done!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

OMG, I would have been terrified! I'll stick to the shore. LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Well, there are plenty of Sheep hereabouts.....

Gordi. Not that I take offense, but your tone made me suspicious. There was a devilish look in your eye.
Are you insinuating, my friend, that the good members of The Shed are mere sheep?
You know I appreciate a healthy argument so please don't hold back. And best wishes to your "Home Alone Party" I agree with Lattre protein will improve your stamina.

Cheers (you are probably well "pickled" by now, so sleep well.

Silly WIS!
I was speaking quite literally.... where I live is out in the country... green fields full of REAL sheep everywhere... no one would notice if one wee one went missing.... would they? ... and I've heard that they are full of protein!!.... so....

PS - no pickling took place last night!!
I ended up watching a movie in peace for once! Then early to bed.
FANTASTIC!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
@Errollore - TOM

Check you PM's and Email please!!

Mwahahaa!!! LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Checked and answered.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

Checked and answered.

Hi Tom, that's GREAT!

I have now sent the required info via EMail!!!!!
GoGoGo > > > > > >

ROFL

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

OK - EVERYONE

Tom and myself are... working on something for the shed's halloween party!

BUT we need YOUR HELP!!!

We need YOU to make a very short video clip of your good selves... preferably doing a silly dance (like the Twist) or even better in scary halloween disguise!!

It doesn't matter if it's blurry / shaky / whatever... it's just a bit of fun!

Just use your phone to make a very short clip and then email it to me.

If you haven't got my email address - send me a PM and I'll get it to you!

Let's make this the BEST Halloween Party EVER!!!

Send me your clips!! (You know you want to!!!)

G

PS - I forgot to say... You WON'T be identified through your video!!!
Wear a disguise if you like... no names will be associated with any particular clip - it's just for a giggle!!!
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thanks, Gordi,

that pic clarifies it for me. No, didn't get up there. Only saw the Cuillins from down low, just outside Broadford if I recall aright. It was 40 years ago, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was.

Also, thanks for posting the links to those songs. Just guitar and voice, but that's all a person really needs. It works well.

a reply to: Night Star
Yes, music can help with inspiration. I had Hotel California playing on a loop for hours at times, especially in the latter parts of the book. Not just for the chapters where it directly relates, but elsewhere as well. It just fitted. And for short stories, I always prefer to have some music playing.

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Enjoying the tale! Thank you!

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Thank you.

Dada is doing pretty well. She likes to play the keyboard every day and she is slowly getting better at it. Recalling her skills from many years ago. Very good for her mind, to have something so concrete to focus on.

I'm doing okay. We haven't moved yet, though. Still have a huge amount of packing to do. Wrapping up items then putting them into boxes takes a lot of time when there are so many little trinkets and things like porcelain plates, crystal glassware and so on. It's very daunting, but I'm slowly working my way through it all. Then we can move out most of the furniture, and after that I can do cleaning and repainting to spruce the place up. We will only put the place on the market when that's all done, so we're looking at a good two months or so until then. As for when we'll actually move out, that just depends on how long the place takes to sell. But as we're in the capital and in a prime location, hopefully it won't take long.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Could your friends pick me up and drop me off in 4th-dynasty Egypt, please? About half-way through King Khufu's reign would be ideal.

And if they can figure how to make me 20 or 30 years younger on the way back, that would be handy as well.

Gordi, I like the video idea. I think if anyone prefers not to use an email, then they could upload a clip to one of those file hosting sites and just PM you a link to it.

And people, just want to add a little message from ClownFish. Fishy wants you all to know that she misses ATS, but has had quite a lot on her plate in real life lately. As I can attest and you'd all understand, trying to keep track here in big threads like this one takes time and concentration, and when other matters impinge upon that, it can be hard to post. But she especially asked me to pass on her greetings to you.

And again, I kind of need to bail out for a while and attend to some other things. Hope to catch up with you all later.
edit on 15/10/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is for members of the crazy cat lady club:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

LOL! That should go in the club thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Love it! Gotta head out for the day! Have great one

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

... Gordi, I like the video idea. I think if anyone prefers not to use an email, then they could upload a clip to one of those file hosting sites and just PM you a link to it....

GREAT Idea Mike!

There you have it!
No excuses now folks LOL - Send a clip to me OR upload it to a video sharing site and PM me a link!

Let's make it happen!!

G

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What a day so far. One of my friends picked me up to go to the BMV to get my license transferred. I found out I didn't have enough proof of address. Well, got back to the house, checked the mail, and saw that I have mail waiting. There's my two proofs of address. So, my other friend takes me to the license branch. Got all the stuff done, took a test and passed (yay!), and got everything set up for my license. I have a restriction on it because I didn't pass the eye exam (big shock). My vision was 20/20. Apparently now it's 20/50. So, now when I get my medical card I have to get my eyes checked out and get glasses. The joys of getting old.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks. I posted it there.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for such nice comments on the song!

Thank you WIS! I appreciate your opinion very much.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gordi and Tom, OMG, it sounds like you guys are working on something awesome! I only have a cheap phone and can't take any videos. You can take my avatar and use it if there is a way. I can't wait to see what you guys are up to! I know it will blow our minds and we will be thrilled! Very excited!!!

JustMike, I am so pleased to hear that Dada is playing the keyboards every day! It must be very therapeutic and nice to hear as well! As for moving...It has been probably 30 years since I have had to move. I can't imagine us packing up all our things! Much luck to you and a world of happiness! Please send Fishy our love and let her know we are thinking of her! She is missed!

Skiddy, that pic cracked me up! Congrats on getting your license Honey! About glasses...I used to tease my family because until my forties, I never needed glasses, then WHAM! I got away with the store bought ones for years, but then needed prescription ones. Yes, getting old sucks! LOL

Hiya Zazzy! Have a great day! See you soon!

edit on 15-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Happy Birthday E.E. Cummings!

anyone lived in a pretty how town

E. E. Cummings, 1894 - 1962

anyone lived in a pretty how town
(with up so floating many bells down)
spring summer autumn winter
he sang his didn’t he danced his did.

Women and men(both little and small)
cared for anyone not at all
they sowed their isn’t they reaped their same