It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thanks for posting that. I saved it for later.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Still at the edge of my seat!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'll check it out tomorrow then. Right now I'm watching these guys play a game called The Strange. It's funny.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I had never heard of it, I just watched the trailer! I've saved it for later, thanks!
I have loads of ghost hunt stories. One of my favorites was the Edinburgh vaults.

I've just taken an anti histamine as I have so many mosquito bites so am getting sleepy as hell, I'll write it up tomorrow.

Here is the GA episode there ( I was there a decade before them !)

a reply to: Visitedbythem
That's awesome, have your friends got a youtube or sound cloud channel with their EVPs and video evidence? I'd enjoy watching it!

edit on 29-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Been trying to follow up with what has been going on over the past few hours regarding the New Jersey Transit wreck in Hoboken , New Jersey since it happened this morning. There are were couple of ideas that we had came up with as to how it may have happened but that's all I got right now. Myself and a friend of mine where discussing this in a Discord call right after it happened. We believe that it may have been one of two factors that may have caused the incident to occur. First factor was of the track-age leading up to and into the platform area of Hoboken Terminal. What we saw from the photos of the scene itself. It looked to us that the entire platform area itself was just jointed "stick" rail bolted together and buried deep in the ballast with no cross ties under it. I mean the track itself looked as if it hadn't seen any maintenance in years. Could be possible that one of these rails "rolled" as the train was coming in and that's what caused the wreck to occur. If the rail rolled as the brakes were being applied. Then there would have been no friction on whatever side of the train the rail rolled on for it to stop. Thus hitting the end of the platform and nearly winding up in the ticket kiosk at the end of the platform.

Another factor that we had thought about was the very high possibility of a mechanical failure had occurred. The one reason that we came up with this is that the train was being pushed by the locomotive as it came into the station. The locomotive that was pushing was an ALP-45DP (Dual Purpose) built by Bombardier Transportation that can run on either diesel engines or off of the 12.5 kilovolt AC catenary that New Jersey Transit uses. For the train to have not stopped and for it to have slammed into the platform. Something on the mechanical side had to have happened either before or when the train was coming into the station. It has to be something to do where you can switch from the catenary over to diesel power which caused the brakes to release. If it was a failure of a mechanical nature. I guarantee you that is what it was.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
...gonna have to go for another program other than windows movie maker because you can only add one sound layer.......

Hey there Knightie!

Download Audacity.
It's free audio editing software.

Save your one-track soundtrack as an MP3 or other audio file, open it in Audacity and use that as your baseline for adding other sounds / music / FX etc on separate layers in Audacity.
You can then mix/merge all the different layers back down to one track (within Audacity) and use that as your movie-maker soundtrack!

kindest regards,
BigG

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I love Halloween too!
(My auld wrinkled face looks normal among all the grotesque masks!!! LOL)

Here's a link to my Halloween Story from last years Short Story Contest
(in case any of the more recent Sheddies missed it 1st time around...)

LINK to MARY Halloween Short Story

I'm off to work......

laterz!

BigG

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Downloading now
Life saver dude
cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Good morning everyone!!! Well, morning anyway….it will get better once the coffee starts flowing! LOL
I got a call last night from two dear friends who’s alarm clock doesn’t go off at 5:00 AM so I’m having to prop my eyes open with toothpicks! LOL I will try to get more of my story posted today…we will see.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
'Morning everyone. Looks like I missed a bit. Had to sign off right after work yesterday to go play in a concert.

Fair enough, Gordi, and well said! Hope you got some rest - I could sure use a little more this morning. Where's the "sleepy" emoji? zzzz

a reply to: kaelci
Hello kaelci, thank you for the welcome!

Indeed I did. I'll save a chair for you. Don't mind the wolf, he's actually a friend.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Espresso, Martin75. Find espresso...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Myslef and a few pals are planning to camp out on Halloween near this place should be fun.

www.globalcommunity.leeds.ac.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You can do some pretty impressive stuff with Audacity. I hooked it into my PC audio through the phone line once to record a bunch of voice mails from my son when he was a toddler. Absolutely adorable to listen to, but Audacity made it really quite easy to do.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Myslef and a few pals are planning to camp out on Halloween near this place should be fun.

www.globalcommunity.leeds.ac.uk...

....and Barghest will be prowling..... Good Luck!!!

LINKY to Explain Barghest!

Sounds like great fun!

G

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Downloading now
Life saver dude
cheers

You are most welcome!
(Welcome home btw!!) LOL

G

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah good to be back I think I may put all my armor on (got new bits) and I will take an action shot
May have not been a grand idea starting on beer now but it is after 3.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
See I just knew you would find us a good movie!!! I have it bookmarked and hope to watch it this weekend.

a reply to: Skid Mark
I hope the account fixes your problems and you are soon headed out of hell!

a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks for the link! I will be checking it out!

a reply to: gimmefootball400
Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. It is so sad and scary! It is nice to hear some thoughts other than reporters wildly speculating.

I LOVED that story!!!! It was awesome! Oh forgot to mention, I LOVED the pics you posted. That was so neat and really did look like little fairies out and about in the forest.

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
We have a starbucks here in the hospital but I refuse the pay the price so it was a 20oz coffee from the cafeteria with extra sugar. Luckily it has finally kicked in

a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
Oh that should be really neat!!! Please take some pics and be sure to keep us all updated on your night!

Work has been busier than I thought it would (I really thought I had a quiet spell scheduled in just for writing) so it might be Monday before I finish up the next entry in my ghost story. If I don’t get a chance to check back in I will be in lurker mode this weekend and will touch base again on Monday.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Thank you. I do, too. I miss my family. I want to just forget this place, like you would a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
We have a starbucks here in the hospital but I refuse the pay the price so it was a 20oz coffee from the cafeteria with extra sugar. Luckily it has finally kicked in

I have a similar issue at my workplace. I refuse to stop by a Starbucks or other "highbrow" coffee place every morning. But our coffee at work is really quite...erm...unacceptable. They do provide a Keurig machine, though. so I got one of those reusable Keurig filter thingies and fill it with some decent dark roast. Voila! A decent cup of coffee!

Hm, it would seem that we need a "steaming mug of happiness" emoji here...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join