It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Evolution in Action

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The video below shows organisms responding to environmental forces by producing new mutations which then compete amongst one another to colonize the environment. Natural selection occurs and some mutants don’t make it; others succeed.

This isn’t a computer graphic or animation: it’s a real-life experiment, taking place in real time.

If you watch carefully, you can see a frog turn into a duck at 0:45. Maybe.

Watch it here

edit on 11-9-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Starred and flagged for a couple reasons.

Firstly, that's a nice demonstration of evolution in real time.

Secondly, the whole "bacteria can mutate to fight off more than one antibiotic" thing. To think that a bacteria can mutate so quickly and overcome the amount of antibiotic is just a scary thought. It would also explain the mutated animal to human diseases, such as bird flu.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yeah but the problem is the mutation never, ever, ever mutates into something better, it ALWAYS de-evolves, no new information is EVER added into a virus mutation
Sorry to make it look like false science but it is false science

Also makes Darwinism look redundant, evolution by mutation, not natural selection as supposed
discovermagazine.com...

Its not evidence of evolution, its just phony science

Why not show empirical evidence rather than phony evidence

Why do people hate science, why do those who support evolution manipulate and abuse science in this way.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

edit on 992016 by TerryDon79 because: Forget it. Not playing games with a religious fundie

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Did you not note I quoted you TD, cant hide your post or delete what I quoted ABOVE

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Raggedyman

What's that got to do with the OP?

Strawman much?

Uhm
Because its not evolution in action, no new information is added.
Information is being removed in the mutation

Thats why

Its fake evolution

No strawman at all, its not evolution, it is de- evolving, losing information from its dna

Did you read the link
edit on 9-9-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

If you say so lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If you say so lol.

Yeah I had a good belly laugh at what some want science to teach unwitting people as well

Tell me TD
Do you believe a virus losing information is evolution

Can I expect an answer?

LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I won't be responding to you after this post. There's no point. You're just going to bring up your pretend arguments so you can pretend your religion is real.

Why do you hate your God so much that you have to make your religion look so stupid?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I won't be responding to you after this post. There's no point. You're just going to bring up your pretend arguments so you can pretend your religion is real.

Why do you hate your God so much that you have to make your religion look so stupid?

It wasnt a pretend argument, it was a statement that you havnt/wont/cant rebuke. My statement wa science
It has nothing to do with God or religion, its a scientific question
You are the one going off topic making it about religion, why?
Your statement was about religion, you wont deal in science, why not?

Its about pretending that evolution is when a mutation that loses information is actually evolving, when it is in fact losing information, de-evolving, becoming less complex, degrading.
The virus may well be able to withstand the antibiotic, thats because the antibiotic has destroyed the information contained in the virus, making the virus weaker than its original strain

Why do you have to bring gods up when we are discussing science, what has this to do with religion, why take this off topic

Really, to win an argument
Why do you hate science

Why cant/wont you answer my simple question, a simple yes or no would be sufficient, again

please dont run away...

Tell me TD
Do you believe a virus losing information is evolution

Can I expect an answer?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
The video below shows organisms responding to environmental forces by producing new mutations which then compete amongst one another to colonize the environment. Natural selection occurs and some mutants don’t make it; others succeed.

This isn’t a computer graphic or animation: it’s a real-life experiment, taking place in real time.

If you watch carefully, you can see a frog turn into a duck at 0:45. Maybe.

Watch it here

Can you prove new information is being gained when the virus mutates, has this experiment done this, has science shown this

TD has run away, anyone show me the science, it seems lacking

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Mutation isn't only loss of information...
And natural selection would say that those that got the modification would survive and reproduce.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You are saying it is always a loss, why don't you show that ad a fact first.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Don't egg him on he admitted in another thread he is trolling so why waste your time?.
Cheers OP wonderful video demonstrating evolution.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Evolution does not mean becoming more complex.

Nor is it anything to do with getting more. Wow.
edit on 9-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

What do you mean by new information added? Like outside information? Mutations don't have anything to do with new information. It is a change in the existing dna. If you want to call that new information then that is what you are asking about. Before you come here and call things "not evolution" perhaps you should study the vastly already existing theory. It is not like the world is hiding it from you.

When everyone on this site tells you about evolution. You should listen to them. You are only making a fool of yourself otherwise. All of the information you ask about is readily available and people have made entire threads to answer questions specifically for you. And you still can't take it in. You still act like the world is wrong and you are the only one who is right. You, and all of the people like you. (There are many) are exactly what is wrong with your religion. That is why people make fun of christians. Because you are a jester, a fool, a joke. Your posts make me cringe with pity for anyone who might star one of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

S&F

that was pretty awesome...

And as usual the same fundies will come out to bash what they don't understand

Good stuff

edit on 9-9-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here is a hint. Evolve means change. If a virus "loses" information. Whatever that means. It would have most definitely evolved. Do you think the word evolve means "got better"? It just means it changed. Every child is a step in evolution. I know you have been told this before. Why don't you argue actual points of the theory instead of making up things?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow! Eleven days from 0 to 1000x

I sure hope those E Coli don't get loose! Yikes!

edit on 9-9-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

its not evolution, it is de- evolving, losing information from its dna

Notice the second bolded statement from the dialog you linked to.

MN: I don’t study the character or the function; I study the gene that controls it. My position is mutation creates variation, then natural selection may or may not operate, it may or may not choose the good variation and eliminate the bad one, but natural selection is not the driving force.

In neo-Darwinism, evolution is a process of increasing fitness [ in the sense of an organism’s ability both to survive and to reproduce ]. In mutation-driven evolutionary theory, evolution is a process of increasing or decreasing an organism’s complexity. We tend to believe natural selection selects one type. But there are many types, and still they’re OK. They can survive, no problem.

Masatoshi Nei is saying that mutation comes before selection. Seems rather non-controversial. His objection is that text book authors are not quite willing to stick their necks out writing something an older text book doesn't back up.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Viruses can withstand losing a lot of their DNA. Why? They're simple and not truly alive. Ok, I've hard that before.

But whyyyy?

Why are they in a state which reproduces and animates yet does not exhibit other functions of life?

Why are they special?
edit on 9-9-2016 by Tempter because: Sp

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join