It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grey Triangle Sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Congratulations on joining the "Triangle Sightings" club of ATS.
I would say Ive read at least 20+ personal accounts over various threads on this forum for at least 5 years.
I saw mine in 1999. Yes I live about 25 miles from an Air force base....and Im in Australia.

Mine flew Directly over the top of me at night, over 2 consecutive nights at the same time.
It was absolute coincidence, that I was outside at the time.
Yes they are completely silent (the ones I observed), yes they appear to be triangular, tho my sight was 9.30pm on a cloudy night, I only observed the light pattern....Yes they fly low, not much higher than trees, and slow, probably 15-30 mph ish.
I waved at them as they flew over, Im sure they saw me via night vision or infrared, and were probably laughing.
At no time did I feel fear or even think that they were "Aliens", the feeling was of purely Human tech....to me.
In fact, my initial thought was it was some guy in a motorised hang glider....but I knew it wasnt.
Yes, you are in awe when you see them. No time for cameras or such.
For people who want to believe Aliens, Im sorry, but I believe they are Human tech all the way....just smart tech.
What do people think the 1000s of scientist have been doing for the past 60 years, travelling to Area 51s underground labs??
Playing Tiddly Winks?, Finger painting?

I just wish they would release this tech to the World, instead of playing silly games so the "Enemy" wont find out.
In that respect, Humans are still primitive.
edit on 9-9-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I've never seen a Grey Triangle, although I have witnessed many Black SHARP'S on the horizon a moderate range during daylight hours. Nothing close enough to be able to capture on film, plus they were moving at a pretty quick clip. No time to focus.

Your description of the Grey craft is enchanting to envision.

Whatever technology propels these types of crafts must be absolutely elegant.

You're right though, when once has an encounter or sighting, the moment is so special that one simply doesn't immediately think of photographic evidence.

Perhaps this is why we see them, and so many others don't.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Except it was about twice as big, slowly, I mean SLOWLY hovering towards and over us and the edges of the wings were in a vertical position so it had a more triangle sort of shape

Wait, so the wings were pointing upwards in relation to the fuselage?
Or do you mean the wings were positioned like the RQ3?
upload.wikimedia.org...?

7MPH is very slow......how did you calculate speed?

After reading up a bit on stall speeds etc, it seems you can get away with flying conventional shaped aircraft down to about 25 Knots so your guess (with a margin for error) might not be entirely outrageous for an advanced , long loitering UAV.

Was looking into Tier 3 and/or AARS rumors (described as the most technologicaly advanced aircraft ever) recently so the speed element stood out.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone
Yes the wings were pointing vertical (up and down) in relation to the fuselage. If you look at the picture of the X-47 in the OP where the wings on the back join with the rest of the craft imagine those in a vertical position, except on the craft I saw they were a lot smaller in proportion to the rest of the craft. I'd say only about 1/4 as big as the ones on the X-47.

The way I got the speed was just a rough estimate taking the distance on google earth of the sighting and dividing it by the elapsed time. It dropped down out of the clouds almost directly over a tree line in front of us so I have a pretty exact distance but the time is purely an estimate, so yeah there is definitely a margin of error that can be factored in.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
I saw a miniature black triangle (about 8 feet long and 6 feet wide) one night while walking back from work in downtown San Francisco in 2011. I got to North Beach/Chinatown and I turned down my street beside the Transamerica building and all of a sudden I notice some lights that turned on above me, I look up, and there's a small black triangle just gliding silently over the street and in between buildings. The thing that got me was how black it was, I'm talking SUPER black. If it hadn't turned the lights on the bottom on as it was gliding over I would never have noticed it. It's crazy to think we have types of aircraft that can glide through a major downtown area at night without being seen (as long as the lights aren't on). This and the grey triangle in the OP are the only UFO's I've ever seen that looked like actual nuts and bolts craft, the rest I've witnessed were just balls of light or something similar.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you for your detailed report, I could picture it as I was reading your post. Too bad neither you or your friend thought of taking out your phones.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0
Great post! I think there are different types of Triangle craft (I've witnessed two types) but who really knows what they are? All we can do is speculate. I'd like it a lot more if it was an actual alien craft lol but I didn't get that vibe from it for some reason.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman
I kick myself constantly for not recording it, but then again I doubt anything good would happen to me exposing some type of super-secret aircraft to the rest of the world lol. Sometimes it's just better to see it, know you've seen it, and move on.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Maybe it was for the best. Whoever was piloting the craft could be watching you two very closely, and who knows what could happen if one of you started filming it... maybe you wouldn't be here to tell the story.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Something else that struck me as strange was the large amount of reports of triangle craft sightings within 20-30 miles of a military base. Maybe these crafts have to take a certain type of approach at a certain distance to land safely or to minimize being seen by other aircraft?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Peculiar, this small triangle, problem is you can't tell the size without knowing the exact distance, and the other way around. 6 to 8 foot sounds small. What is the possibility of it being a bigger craft higher up which left the impression (especially due to its blackness) of being closer and smaller? Also, do you disagree with the idea it might be a drone and why?

What was the light configuration on the bottom? If you could pop a specific date when you saw this black triangle, that would do wonders!

Also, vibes are a bad thing to draw conclusions upon as they're subjective and truth isn't. Although I think your hunch might be correct. I had to learn the hard way, so am giving the heads-up

edit on 9-9-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0
The small black triangle I saw in SF was at roof level of the building I was staying in so it wasn't something high up. It was gliding through the buildings downtown, which is crazy to me that something could do that and not be front page news the next day lol. This was an actual triangle, not triangle "shaped" like the one in the OP. It had 3 lights on the bottom, no red light in the center like the big triangle I saw, and I wouldn't have even noticed it if the three lights on the bottom hadn't came on as it was gliding overhead. As it reached the building on the other side of the street the lights on the bottom turned off again. Something else that's crazy is that there were skyscrapers all around it and as low as it was I would imagine if you were to look out the window of any of those buildings you'd be able to see it, but then again maybe not since it was so black and it was night time.

The reason I think it was a drone is because it was so small, you could maybe fit one person in it but it would be a tight squeeze. Another thing is that this one had no sound at all, unlike the humming I heard from the big grey one. It was around the fall of 2011, sorry I can't come up with an exact date. The building I was staying in at the time was the Balmoral Hotel and it's an older type (not that tall) building with high-rise buildings all around it and it came floating from over the top of it as I was crossing the street to walk in the front door. The entire sighting lasted around 6-7 seconds as it glided over the street and over the top of another (smaller) building. As to this one, Alien, Human, who knows. The reason I think the big grey one in the OP was a human craft was because it favored the X-47 so much, so in my mind it's probably a larger more exotic version of that. This one was something else entirely.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Same was out with my fiances foster uncle at night in a SeQld town on a sat night doing some astronomy.Solid Black silent Triangle about 100 metres to 500 metres up,biiig flashed above us at a speed similar to a low level F111 .It was a WOW moment..

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Star and flag man. Great posting, and reporting.
Great responses to the OP too.
Time to do some research on what you saw

I'm always startled of what flies above the bay area if you look up now and then. It's a pretty great location for testing the new toys out.
Beale air force Base is close by, and I'm sure they have things in their hangars that could make the 100 mile distance to SF in a jiffy.
Then there's Moffett air field to the south.
add in Lawrence Livermore labs, pepper in a COG base in Napa, some very interesting labs in the mountains between here and Santa Cruz...
It goes on, but you get the jist of things.
And these are just places I've come across. No telling what else is out there.
My point is, the bay area is smack dab in the middle of lots of military projects. Not just air force bases.
It'd be a great place to show off an aircrafts optical stealth capabilities & other cool new gadgets around a metropolitan area without having to fly to the ranges down around LA, the test aircraft can then return to whichever base it wants. Beale, Edwards, Groom, Kansas, New Mexico, or an aircraft carrier waitig off the coast if the Navy wanted to test carrier based aircraft.
Now, I know alot of people will say "hey, why wouldn't they just do that over LA, closer to Edwards and plant 42?" well, I think for one, there may be quite a smaller population of planespotters up here. Not as many eyes on the sky or cameras pointed at air force bases.
If an exotic plane was spotted around San Francisco, I think alot more people would think it's a UFO, or the acid that they took was more powerful than last time, but probably not a test flight malfunction. As compared to civilians down in the LA or San Diego area, who still have many more active military air bases.
But this is Just an opinion.
Anyways, time to dig into this description you have of the vertical wings...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA
Thanks for the informative post. As to the black triangle I saw in SF I had no idea there were that many places working on these type of toys around the bay area but it does make sense considering the tech sector in the area. The big grey one was definitely one of those moments that sent me down the rabbit hole researching what it could possibly be and it's something I still think about daily now. Again, great post.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Lockheed Martin has a swanky suite or two smack dab in the middle of SF...
Not the mention their building down by Stanford...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Do you research patches at all?
Here is a quote you may want to follow:
SEMPER EN OBSCURUS
If you can't decipher patches, PM me.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA
Right on I'll check it out

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No evidence yet this report feels totally genuine. Many thanks OP

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A co worker took this pic last Sat, Sept 17 at 6:45 am. He was photographing the full moon. When he was reviewing the pic he saw this. He did not see, nor hear anything whilst taking the picture.
I think it resembles a "grey wing" like you refer to. Also, the bottom resembles the fabled TR-3B
This was taken in Milwaukee. He filed the report with MUFON, and noticed 3 ufos were filmed (and reported) the previous night. However it was dark and you could not make out any details of the crafts in the other videos. Any insight would he greatly appreciated.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-9-2016 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join