It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan Italian Sausage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

If you get the chance, Tesco or Asda still sell these hot dog sausages. Bearing in mind how little *meat* is in so-called 'real' ones, you might be surprised how similar the veggie ones are. They even boil like the real ones and have the same flavour because 'real' ones are artificially flavoured.

I honestly would rather have stayed vegan as I did feel healthier but I really struggled with the dairy, eggs etc (not to mention the other stuff not food related) I'm kind of a semi vegetarian now I suppose, I really do eat little meat these days. And I will try to avoid things that exploit animals unless I feel it necessary.. I know it's not all out but feel I'm doing my little bit.

I eat a little bit more protein than most people. Aside from that, I've been eating more veggie, more often for a while now. A bit like you, I kinda want to be veggie again for the health and the ethics.

Partly it's about feeling hypocritical. Only buy free-range eggs and chicken...but...chomping down on KFC which is battery-style intensive farming.

a reply to: Misterlondon

They'd work with refried beans iirc.

You'd never taste kidneys in there because you've mashed them to oblivion, mixed them with onions and buried their flavour with spices. Maybe sear them off with garlic infused olive oil or add a dash of garlic to the mix?
edit on 9.7.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you cant taste the kidney than I think it would be OK.. I'll try them tomorrow for the family and post the results here tomorrow.

As for hot dogs.. Ugh.. When I found out what was in them, I never touched one again.
And I won't feed them to the children either.
Not sure I could even try veggie ones now, I've been put off them so much.

edit on 7/9/16 by Misterlondon because: Bloody auto correct.!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It just doesn't seem right. Vegan and sausage in the same sentence. Can't they find a different name, sausage means grease and pork.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It just doesn't seem right. Vegan and sausage in the same sentence. Can't they find a different name, sausage means grease and pork.

That's on me.....I felt if I put Italian Seitan, most people wouldn't have any idea what it was?

Hell, I never knew what seitan was until my daughter turned Vegetarian.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: rickymouse

That's on me.....I felt if I put Italian Seitan, most people wouldn't have any idea what it was?

Hell, I never knew what seitan was until my daughter turned Vegetarian.

Let's see, Cain got mad because god didn't like his veggies and Cain killed Abel. Does Seitan sound like Satan by any chance?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
These look good, will give them a go thanks! My seitan usually goes a bit spongey so will try steaming instead of boiling

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
being vegan it really hard, especially when people around you are not supportive. That's really great that you support her and made her what she shoud definitly appeaciate. She is thinking about her body and her health, so it's really worth supporting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join