It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: galien8

2022, eh? We've still got 6 years before the large-scale cannibalistism begins. Guess I'll have to go vegetarian

Me too, I go veggie

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

It would be hard for me to give up bacon.

If I recall(been decades) he did go with a smile..seeing all the things/nature that humanity wiped out, a reward at the end just to see what was.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
... running through the streets in the city shouting: "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" THE END (of film)

I believe the actual quote is "Soylent Green is people".

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

We know not to eat human meat. Not only is it probably really high bad cholesterol, it makes us ill/sick/diseased.

en.m.wikipedia.org...(disease)

OK I go veggie, I don't want that Soylent Green sh*t

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Ah, but soylent didnt start as green, soylent green was latest soylent product, first there was soylent yellow, then soylent blue, and finally soylent green, that originally was made from plankton, until the oceans died.

Wow they've got every colour of the rainbow now eh? Atleast they've made it fun this time 'round!
except for maybe soylent yellow, that wouldn't work at all..
edit on 9/7/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes he died happy, watching the world that once was but was no more on a big screen, and then he faded away into obscurity.

edit on 9/7/2016 by awareness10 because: The mandela effect strikes again!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Was just thinking..this might be a good candidate for a modern remake. Then again remakes never have that same quality.
It was a trippy movie.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

haha 🐓

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

omg I know what Rotten Ronnies puts in their nuggets, and it's definitely Soylent!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

if we got to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 80% before the year 2050, if we do not do anything adequate and effective with the renewable energy sources taking over fossil fuel, people must do 80% depopulation

I didn't realize there was a one to one correlation between humans and carbon dioxide emissions. I think it would take more than your 80% human depopulation to achieve your proposed 80% reduction in emissions unless you plan on getting rid of non-human sources as well.

don't get me wrong I rather not have this

whew... that's a relief

OK I reasoned this way all carbon dioxide emissions come from burning fossil fuels, done because of human activities. OK volcanoes can emit carbon dioxide and of course bush fires, I think they are minor sources.

However live stock (cattle pigs) emit enormous amounts of methane, with is I think a 100 times more severe greenhouse effect enhancing gas (= methane) but has much lower concentration up to now in the atmosphere, so is less effective than carbon dioxide

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'd be afraid to watch it, It would probably go all out PC like the terrible remake of Ghost Busters (which I refuse to watch but saw the reviews).

So, unless they resurrect Charlton Heston, it just wouldn't be the same, however, if they played their cards right they may just come up with something watchable at best. Could be interesting....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: intrptr

omg I know what Rotten Ronnies puts in their nuggets, and it's definitely Soylent!

You have completely taken over it

edit on 2016-9-7 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

oops

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Did you guy's know the world population when this movie was made was just under 4 billion

www.google.ca...=w orld+population+in+1973

We are currently around 7.4 billion..a lot of mouth's to feed. By 2050..between 8.3 to 10.9

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

OK let's pretend, for the sake of time, that your numbers are sound and we need to reduce the human population by 80%.

There are a few issues that might need to be addressed before thinking about what to do with human meat.

Will this program be volunteer based?
Should we kill folks in the order of countries that contribute the most to the problem?
Will there be exemptions for people who don't consume much in the way of fossil fuel based energy?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions to be answered in your infinitely-unlikely scenario before we get to the meat of the issue.

The proverbial cart is a light years ahead of the horse.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

But... What if they've been lying to us all along? I've always had my doubts as to what was Truth and what was a Lie. History has been rewritten as well.

There is more room on this Planet than they want us to think. Us being the Billion and Trillionaires running this place into the stone age, at the People's expense. Less People, more Control.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Food for thought..so to speak

Perhaps you are right, I think the resources are there and could be in the future..if the resources were put into it and it was shared equally among all.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yes, if all the evil ruling families were assimilated into a completely different timeline via Vortex frequency switching, the world would fare so much better immediately. Everyone of us has a unique trait to offer, there is so much knowledge now a Child could run the World better than those running it now. I've said it before but, again, Africa has been starving since the 60's and money has poured in for them since that time, or before then. Yet, they're still starving? It's farked up, there is no reason anyone should be starving for any reason.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ok so you should go back and watch/rewatch the movie. It's more a murder mystery with the powers that be falling victim to their own ignorance, and dragging all of mankind with them. It's a great movie that if you leave out the whole "People" issue, you're left with a question: "Did the Soylent Executive pay to have himself killed because he was to coward to do it himself, or was the murder something else?

As for the other point: I've tasted the product called soylent, and it would probably taste better if it was people. Also there is this tread of mine from years ago:

ATS: Have we become a "Soylent Green" Wolrd

Where the current bio-tech of the time (way way back in 2009) was to produce a food substance that was made using human DNA and a yeast cell.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
I He went panic and crazy, running through the streets in the city shouting: "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" "SOYLENT GREEN is human meat!!!" THE END (of film)

That's not quite how it went down. I think your mixing up the ending of the Twilight Episode of "To Serve Man" with this movie.

Detective Thorn wasn't in any condition at the end of the movie to be "running through the streets".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join