It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we become a "Soylent Green" World?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
With the current food shortages taking place world wide, the growing human populations, and the growing divide between those who can afford to buy good quality foods and those who have to buy GMO I have to ask if we have become a "Soylent Green" world?

Case in point,
Recombinant Human Gelatin Gelatin

Using recombinant technology, FibroGen produces highly purified, fully characterized, genetically distinct molecules of recombinant human (rh) gelatin designed to be gelling or non-gelling

At what point will we see this marketed as a new food source.

Additional source on this (as if the company's web-site wasn't enough):
Gelatin made with human DNA will make snacks safer(from io9.com)
New method for making human-based gelatin (from phys.org)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
hhhhmm finger licking good

If you watch soylent green today it is still a good warning to future generations.
If it means no one gets hurt though and it is good for us heck I will try it

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This kind of thing scares me - for all that we do know, there is so much that we don't know. As the past 50-100 years has shown us.... the "miracle" product of today is the nightmare disease or defect causing product of tomorrow.

I am NOT eating anything that involves genetic manipulation or human genetics if I can help it.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Cannabilism is the thing that instills dread into all of us.
But food shortages combined with overpopulation caused by the Chinese and Indian nations seeing it as their duty to reproduce until they outnumber every other race 100 to 1...will inevitably see mankind eating the dead perhaps.
Soil contains the remains of lierally billions of human bodies.
So lettuces and other crops must contain some traces of humanity.
Think on that all you Vegetarians you may be eating your long departed Great Grandpa Fred...whilst you nibble on your lentils.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Cannabilism is the thing that instills dread into all of us.
But food shortages combined with overpopulation caused by the Chinese and Indian nations seeing it as their duty to reproduce until they outnumber every other race 100 to 1...will inevitably see mankind eating the dead perhaps.
Think on that all you Vegetarians you may be eating your long departed Great Grandpa Fred...whilst you nibble on your lentils.
True, but all the body DNA gets filtered out by the soil. This possible "Food Source" is made from human DNA. Big difference.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Good point.
Thanks I will look into this further...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe you idiots should spend time working in agriculture.

The amount of food that can be grown in a cubic foot is astounding.

Humans... aren't a good protein source when we still have rodents.

Really, this fear mongering is only furthering the goals of the elite.

Learn more about the topic before you start going off into crazy land... the only reason humans resort to cannibalism is due to:
1.) Religion (ignorance.)
2.) Panic (ignorance.)
3.) Mismanagement of resources (ignorance.)
4.) Ideological beliefs (ignorance.)
do you see where I'm going with this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
True, but all the body DNA gets filtered out by the soil. This possible "Food Source" is made from human DNA. Big difference.

But two of your sources say there is no human tissue/components used. What am I missing?

io9.com...

Here's the thing – gelatin derived from human DNA is not made with human tissues in any way. It's pure chemistry. Regular gelatin? It's rendered by boiling a mess of animal byproducts like pig skins, cattle bones and entire horses. And people are worried about a few nucleic acids?

www.fibrogen.com...

FibroGen's production system does not contain human or animal components, thereby eliminating the risk of contamination with disease causing pathogens, such as viruses and prions that cause mad cow disease and its human variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease associated with use of animal- and plasma-derived materials. The risk of eliciting an immune response is also reduced as rh gelatin molecules are based on human DNA sequences.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We are capable of post-birth genetic engineering by horizontal gene transfer.

SGREEN isn't a concern.

Have I killed this thread yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I agree, great flick

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
Maybe you idiots should spend time working in agriculture.

The amount of food that can be grown in a cubic foot is astounding.
I know that a medium sized shipping container with a hydroponic system can grow an half an acre of food.

Humans... aren't a good protein source when we still have rodents.
Soylent green wasn't about providing protein for people, but rather keeping them full so that they thought that they were eating nutriants.

Really, this fear mongering is only furthering the goals of the elite.
Is this for me or someone else? If it was for me, I'm just bringing this to everyones attention (also I thought it might be good information to know)

Learn more about the topic before you start going off into crazy land... the only reason humans resort to cannibalism is due to:
1.) Religion (ignorance.)
2.) Panic (ignorance.)
3.) Mismanagement of resources (ignorance.)
4.) Ideological beliefs (ignorance.)
do you see where I'm going with this?
Ignorance may be the cause that leads to cannibalism, but that doesn't mean that in a worse case situation that it doesn't happen just because. In fact a worse case situation can lead to cannibalism being an accepted practice in poorly organized areas of society.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Guyfriday because: miss-spelled something

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Guyfriday

But two of your sources say there is no human tissue/components used. What am I missing?
The part where I was responding to another comment.
As seen below:

Originally posted by Dr Expired

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The thought behind posting this information was that people seem to be worried about GM Foods, but don't think about plain old lab engineered foods.

Nothing modified here, we made it that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Maybe I didn’t word this very well
You said “This possible "Food Source" is made from human DNA”

But two of your sources say there is no human tissue/components used.
Can you help un-confuse me?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We don't need to harvest dead bodies for food yet...We would recycle the protein from our poop first. Then when all protein sources were gone then maybe...

inhabitat.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well look no more PEPSI uses human fetal tissue in its flavoring process... Solent Green .... I can see that happening - it usually begins about 90 days after a major disaster that has severed food supplies. people will eat to survive and will not think twice about eating at joes..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I really really do not want any food made or derived from human tissues or DNA. There is something strange about it. If it were medicine and I were dying then yes, I might take something. What is the difference between eating something casually and taking medicine? I don't know. It just seems wrong just to eat...just eat...something that is derived from human tissues/DNA. For medicine well, I can tolerate that. Eating is different somehow I guess.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Maybe I didn’t word this very well
You said “This possible "Food Source" is made from human DNA”

But two of your sources say there is no human tissue/components used.
Can you help un-confuse me?

Sure, I hope this explains things better;
From the first link Recombinant Human Gelatin Gelatin

Advantages of Recombinant Human Gelatins

Using recombinant technology, FibroGen produces highly purified, fully characterized, genetically distinct molecules of recombinant human (rh) gelatin designed to be gelling or non-gelling.1,2 FibroGen can design and express rh gelatin molecules with predetermined characteristics, i.e., defined molecular weights and pI, in order to confer specific performance characteristics to match the need in a variety of pharmaceutical applications. Each lot is a homogenous preparation, which can be reproduced in a consistent manner with 99% purity. FibroGen's production system does not contain human or animal components, thereby eliminating the risk of contamination with disease causing pathogens, such as viruses and prions that cause mad cow disease and its human variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease associated with use of animal- and plasma-derived materials. The risk of eliciting an immune response is also reduced as rh gelatin molecules are based on human DNA sequences.

While in the lab human dna isn't used, it does go to show that human dna can be used to create a food source. In a world where those with power survive off of the work of those without power, where do you think all that food will come from?
edit on 15-11-2012 by Guyfriday because: Added information.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A population coerced into consuming "human" food is indicative of a population that can be manipulated in a myriad of other ways as well.

Food for thought.

(forgive the pun)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
A population coerced into consuming "human" food is indicative of a population that can be manipulated in a myriad of other ways as well.

Food for thought.

(forgive the pun)
Whats worse is that joke....kidding.

Imagine a society where lower classes are eating human DNA based food. That alone would be enough to hender any up-rising. Think about it TPTB could handout generous amounts of nutriant free foods to large crowds of discontent populace. The poeple eat this food thinking that they are feeding on the normal food stuff they always get. Riots put down with no loss of resources to TPTB. Later with the people are weakend from the lack of nutriants, they step in and stomp on those responsible for the up-rising.

The Human DNA+Yeast Jello, could become a ration of choice due to the ease of production. Don't have food after that disaster? Don't worry eat this (don't think that will ever happen here in the US. Think about handed out MREs after a disaster strikes. Better yet don't think about it)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join