It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the French immune to the Mandela Effect?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yes, just like the rest of us.

I have come to the conclusion that most of our faulty memory isn't actually faulty, rather than what we have been told by the media. For example, how many times has the line Luke ...I am your father been used in other T.V programmes, particularly comedy sketch shows. We probably see the film 3 or 4 times, but have heard that particular line 10 or 20 times on other T.V programmes. It's not faulty memory, it's watching too much T.V.

How anyone doesn't remember Nelson Mandela being President of South Africa, demonstrates their ignorance of World events. They were probably stoned off their faces between 1994-1999.

He became a World celebrity, but NO, there are people swear the great man died in prison. Ridiculous.

James Earl Jones has recited the line in interviews as "Luke I am your Father.", I certainly know it is 'Mirror, mirror on the wall."..having seen the movie as a child in the theater and watched to about 1000 x with my daughter.

As for Mandela, I am not big on 'being stoned off my face', especially then. I was pregnant in 1996, so that would be a NO NO. I can remember news reports and a funeral and I am not confusing him with someone else.

Seriously if you cannot remember Mandela being President, then sorry, you must have not been paying attention.

I too remember his funeral, only it was in 2013.

I was paying attention. Simply because you remember it happeneing in 2013, and never before that, does not mean you are right either.

But you weren't paying attention, you don't know who the President of South Africa was during 1994-1999, you don't know the name of the current South African President.

And I am right, I remember him being President and that the current South African President is Jacob Zuma.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: reldra

The threads attempt to gather some evidence through various soures. A few are successful.

You seem to have a different definition of evidence.

The same type of evidence that is gathered for many threads here. This topic has mostly anecdootal evidence, but not all.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes. Anecdotal, that things aren't the way some people remember them, and corporate logos sometimes change.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that most of our faulty memory isn't actually faulty, rather than what we have been told by the media. For example, how many times has the line Luke ...I am your father been used in other T.V programmes, particularly comedy sketch shows. We probably see the film 3 or 4 times, but have heard that particular line 10 or 20 times on other T.V programmes. It's not faulty memory, it's watching too much T.V.

How anyone doesn't remember Nelson Mandela being President of South Africa, demonstrates their ignorance of World events. They were probably stoned off their faces between 1994-1999.

He became a World celebrity, but NO, there are people swear the great man died in prison. Ridiculous.

James Earl Jones has recited the line in interviews as "Luke I am your Father.", I certainly know it is 'Mirror, mirror on the wall."..having seen the movie as a child in the theater and watched to about 1000 x with my daughter.

As for Mandela, I am not big on 'being stoned off my face', especially then. I was pregnant in 1996, so that would be a NO NO. I can remember news reports and a funeral and I am not confusing him with someone else.

Seriously if you cannot remember Mandela being President, then sorry, you must have not been paying attention.

I was paying attention. Simply because you remember it happeneing in 2013, and never before that, does not mean you are right either.

But you weren't paying attention, you don't know who the President of South Africa was during 1994-1999, you don't know the name of the current South African President.

And I am right, I remember him being President and that the current South African President is Jacob Zuma.

I don't have to be able to rattle off the name of the leader of every country to be 'paying attention'.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yes. Anecdotal, that things aren't the way some people remember them, and corporate logos sometimes change.

I specifically noted the 'corporate logos' actually being change on purpose by the the people that own them.

All of the evidence is not anecdotal. If you have read the threads, you would find newspaper articles and video clips...the standard types evidence given here.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you have read the threads, you would find newspaper articles and video clips.
Oh, I read them occasionally. Now you're using typos as "evidence?"

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you have read the threads, you would find newspaper articles and video clips.

Where am I using a typo as evidence?

link   
Who are the, "French"?

I don't remember any such nation...

link   

I don't have to be able to rattle off the name of the leader of every country to be 'paying attention'.

I am not suggesting you should. What I am suggesting is that you don't know who was president of South Africa during 1994-1999. Therefore, Mandela was probably a passing image/story in your life. Therefore, you probably heard of some other political dissident dying in prison, but now associate it with Mandela.

But still, it's probably easier to deny that you could be wrong, it probably makes life seem a little more curious.

Who am I to convince you otherwise.

If you say you have jumped from another dimension, then welcome to wherever we are.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Who are the, "French"?

I don't remember any such nation...

It's where the Coneheads come from.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You weren't referring to this when you were talking about newspaper articles?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
quoting messing up. or dbl.
edit on 5-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am not suggesting you should. What I am suggesting is that you don't know who was president of South Africa during 1994-1999. Therefore, Mandela was probably a passing image/story in your life. Therefore, you probably heard of some other political dissident dying in prison, but now associate it with Mandela.

But still, it's probably easier to deny that you could be wrong, it probably makes life seem a little more curious.

Who am I to convince you otherwise.

If you say you have jumped from another dimension, then welcome to wherever we are.

Well, thanks. On some MEs I have found either my memory was faulty or it was a purposeful change (like a logo). But there are many, many more where I know my memory is correct, at least in regard to what happened, wherever I was.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You weren't referring to this when you were talking about newspaper articles?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not as a whole, but that is an interesting one.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wait you didn't know? The Mandela Effect is caused by the Memoryfaulticus Virus and it's mandatory that all French citizens get vaccinated to prevent it. Sheesh how do you not know this, you from another dimension or something?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

James Earl Jones has recited the line in interviews as "Luke I am your Father.",

Reldra, that is not the line.
erm, I mean...
No, that is not the line.

Look, you got it wrong, you remembered a meme. gramatically it has to be "No"
just stop for a moment and consider the logic of the sentence..they are having a discussion..they aren't olde' english acting, so no overacting or Shatner'ing..just a conversation.
Vader asked luke what he was told.
you killed my father
No (wrong dumbarse), I am your father.
it would make absolutely no sense if he used the term "Luke" there..none..it would be completely outside of the current theme..that being Vader harshly showing Luke how he was lied to...he wasn't trying to be a hallmark card

I certainly know it is 'Mirror, mirror on the wall."..having seen the movie as a child in the theater and watched to about 1000 x with my daughter.

Depends on which version you are reading
there has been
"magic mirror in my hand, who is fairest in the land" -org had it as a handheld mirror
"Magic mirror on the wall, etc"
and then the meme "mirror mirror on the wall.." which is the meme many rememeber for some reason.
another moment of logic will solve this...we know what a magic mirror is..its a mirror..thats magical
what is a ....mirror mirror...that makes no literary sense. was she meant to be stuttering in the alter-universe? is it reflecting reflections? no..it makes no sense..it is just some random lazy rememberence picked up by basic media (I remember dougie fresh did the mirror mirror line in their song for some reason)
but its wrong..its remembering a shortcut meme instead of the literal words

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You are not following the entire idea of this.

Luke would make sense, Vader is addressing him. 'No' also makes sense, but it is not how most people remember it. I am not remembering a meme. I doubt James Earl Jones was remembering memes in interviews, either.

I am talking about the movie Snow White. I am not going into various books on the story, which I am sure have variations.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't remember the Mandella Effect being spoke about until the last year or so .. Why the sudden increase in everyone talking about it. Or perhaps in the last dimension I was the Mandella effect didn't exist and now I've changed dimensions the Mandella Effect is a strong talking point

Personally I'm getting sick of seeing these threads as most of them it's people that have forgotten information about a certain topic or their memory doesn't serve them correctly and all of a sudden it's the Mandella Effect!

More on topic:
Vader said 'Luke I'm your father'
.. I've known it as mirror mirror on the wall
Aaaand I never watched interview with a vampire
edit on 5-9-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: barefootsoldier

I never knew I was French. I'm immune to the ME too.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I don't remember the Mandella Effect being spoke about until the last year or so .. Why the sudden increase in everyone talking about it. Or perhaps in the last dimension I was the Mandella effect didn't exist and now I've changed dimensions the Mandella Effect is a strong talking point

Personally I'm getting sick of seeing these threads as most of them it's people that have forgotten information about a certain topic or their memory doesn't serve them correctly and all of a sudden it's the Mandella Effect!

More on topic:
Vader said 'Luke I'm your father'
.. I've known it as mirror mirror on the wall
Aaaand I never watched interview with a vampire

The term was coined in 2010. People are noticing more changes. Writing about them in different places on the internet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join