It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 9-2-2016 Daylight Flashing Unknown Aerial Display / UFO? Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"Don't get around much anymore" - I don't go outside as much as I used to 'cause my body seems to be shutting down and taking even a short walk can be a drag as I have to rest every few moments and hold on to anything near me for support as I arch my back for some relief. But since once in a while I have to go to the post office or FEDEX or the nearby supermarkt, I always scan the sky as I've been doing since 1958 looking for that elusive UFO or whatever is up there that is not familiar.

I always have with me either a Canon PowerShot SX1 IS, which has 20x optical zoom, a CMOS sensor and true HD or a JVC GC-FM1 HD MEMORY CAMERA. It's a true mini-marvel which I used for the video and this is what it looks like:

The Canon is a bit more than I can handle in a quick situation such as dropping everything I'm carrying, get the camera ready, aim it and hope for the best. My debilitating situation doesn't allow me to come to a sudden stop without stabilizing myself on anything that's nearby or my body will head for the sidewalk, as has happened a few times.

So yesterday, Friday, September 2, 2016, middle of the afternoon, as I returned from the supermarket I paused to rest outside in front of my NYC 8-story apartment building and as I always do I scanned the sky and noticed a recurring flash high in the sky. After I ascertained that the flashes weren't being generated by my eyes I whipped out my JVC GC-FM1 HD MEMORY CAMERA and recorded approximately 01:23 minutes of "video" on a memory card. Viewing the footage on my 20" pc monitor I counted 18 flashes at various intervals, every few seconds. The first flash is visible at 8 seconds near the top center of the screen. When you look at your screen visualize an analog clock face and concentrate on the space between 12 and the hands hub. That's where you'll see the first flash and you may not catch it but by 00:13 or 00:18 you'll start to see it. As I arched my back and started to include the dark bottom of a decorative balcony on my building the sky is less visible which helps in seeing the flashes.

You'll have to replay the video many times to see the individual flashes at: 00:08, :13, :18: :28, :33, :37, :42, :47, :47, :53, :57, :01:02, :05, :12, :18. And possibly more flashes.

I found a YouTube video of flashing UFOs but you see lights that travel and flash. I didn't see anything except the ocassional flash, no steady light or shape.

Here are a couple of frames that I made off my monitor 'cause the Screen Print doesn't work when viewing on Windows Media Player.

The cursor is pointing to the source of the flash. A UFO?

I uploaded a closeup twice but it's not appearing so just blow up the above image.

The "video" - Action!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Some heavy breathing going on that that there video...clogged nose or something?

Definitely saw some flying bugs in there...

Definitely saw a coupe of flashes in there...could be a jetliner with sun reflection hitting it at different angles...could be something else...*waits for other ATS input*

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Not enough information to tell what it is, but since the sun is shining, the "flashes" are almost 100% going to be reflections. And the object seems to be moving slow enough that it's more than likely a mylar balloon tumbling through the air, causing reflective "flashes" to appear.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Great capture you have here! I seen it zip by in your video a few times. I seen this same type object last week but couldn't capture it on video as it moved to fast.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I can't tell you what the white flashes were...

...but you should show the bugs in your video to the people on the "SpaceX Rocket was blown up by a UFO" thread who seem to doubt that a bug can flew so quickly through a frame, or can look like an amorphous blob. This video shows bugs CAN look like the object in that SpaceX explosion video.

But yeah -- the flashes are mysterious, especially since there was cloud cover. I'll go with maybe a drone with a flashing light, or as someone above said, something reflective and tumbling, so only quick glimpses of a reflection are seen.

edit on 2016/9/3 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Great capture you have here! I seen it zip by in your video a few times. I seen this same type object last week but couldn't capture it on video as it moved to fast.

I think you are mistaking the bug that does a fly-around from the center of the screen, up towards the top of the screen, and then it loops around and exits on the left edge.

The thread is about the 18 flashes that one sees every few seconds. It takes a while to see them as the flash lats only a microsecond. It took me many tries to see each flash and write down the time it appears. Don't give up and see if you can see the 18 flashes starting near the top of your monitor screen.

I've posted 3 photos of the bug below in Box of Rain's reply. Look at the fast bug.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
I can't tell you what the white flashes were...

...but you should show the bugs in your video to the people on the "SpaceX Rocket was blown up by a UFO" thread who seem to doubt that a bug can flew so quickly through a frame, or can look like an amorphous blob. This video shows bugs CAN look like the object in that SpaceX explosion video.

But yeah -- the flashes are mysterious, especially since there was cloud cover. I'll go with maybe a drone with a flashing light, or as someone above said, something reflective and tumbling, so only quick glimpses of a reflection are seen.

Here are 3 photos of the bug which I discovered actually starts in the center of the screen, loops left and up towards the top of the screen and comes back from the right side of the screen. So far, I don't agree with any of the opinions as to what the flash is and, like I said, I found a video on YouTube that includes flashers similar to mine.

Bug appears and is headed left and up.

Bug at the top of screen ready to go right.

Bug enters from right after looping. Then exits at left edge.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So nice to see someone do video on their own and post it ! ....flag for you.....not sure what the flash is ? I've seen a few here in Florida and it looks like a rolling wave of light . Very bizarre ....almost makes me think of time travel and ripple effect ......on a second note hope your Heath improves . Check your water source and drink pure water and keep,hydrated !

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Except in your off topic mention of the Space X explosion, the "bugs" happen to be way off, behind, further away than the rocket. Musta been a gigantic bug, maybe an unknown type of alien bug?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Be advised that even in daylight Venus can be visible if you know exactly where to look. That being a fact, it is probably also possible that it was a blinking satellite. Given the time and location, you should be able to determine if it was a satellite via an online search of such sites. While there are many secret military satellites that never get on the list, the blinking is evidence that it wasn't so secret. An approximate five-second interval seems a bit long for most domestic objects.

A Mylar balloon would not be consistent in its tumbling to cause the flashing if it would "tumble" at all. Any motion would be inconsistent with what you saw. Nor would it be that bright at such a distance (which we must assume was not close).

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Box of Rain

Except in your off topic mention of the Space X explosion, the "bugs" happen to be way off, behind, further away than the rocket. Musta been a gigantic bug, maybe an unknown type of alien bug?

NO they weren't you don't seem to understand line of sight & perspective.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
its a object reflected by the sun

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
So nice to see someone do video on their own and post it ! ....flag for you.....not sure what the flash is ? I've seen a few here in Florida and it looks like a rolling wave of light . Very bizarre ....almost makes me think of time travel and ripple effect ......on a second note hope your Heath improves . Check your water source and drink pure water and keep,hydrated !

Your mentiong "wave of light" and "ripple effect" reminded me about this YouTube and I didn't paste it here 'cause when you go to YouTube you see other similar videos. Something goes on on the moon.

Lunar Hologram Wave Filmed During Eclipse -Historic!
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the health advice, I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Be advised that even in daylight Venus can be visible if you know exactly where to look. That being a fact, it is probably also possible that it was a blinking satellite. Given the time and location, you should be able to determine if it was a satellite via an online search of such sites. While there are many secret military satellites that never get on the list, the blinking is evidence that it wasn't so secret. An approximate five-second interval seems a bit long for most domestic objects.

A Mylar balloon would not be consistent in its tumbling to cause the flashing if it would "tumble" at all. Any motion would be inconsistent with what you saw. Nor would it be that bright at such a distance (which we must assume was not close).

I just took 21 digital photo of my monitor screen after I froze each flash. It's not Venus as I shot the flasher around 4:30 in the afternoon and "Venus, Mars and Saturn adorn the evening sky all through September. Venus is up just after sunset (setting before nightfall at northerly latitudes or shortly after dark in the Southern Hemisphere)." And Venus is seen steadily as those '90s Mexican videos indicate. And what would make a planet "flash" constantly. If it would have been Venus that flashing would have made headlines. It's not a satellite, they haul. This flasher was seen by me for possibly 30 seconds before I shot 1:20 of footage. Not a Mylar balloon as it didn't move around as I've seen balloons do tons of times.

Whatever it is, it can be described only as an unknown.

In the photos I just took you see the flasher in the same position for 3 frames and also in the other photos. It didn't move!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
its a object reflected by the sun

By the shadows as I pan down at the end the sun is southwest. The flashes seem to be aimed down and possibly around the object. Since the sun is above it, the object wouldn't flash down, it would send the reflection back to the sun, in front and above it. And some of the photos that I took show it about to flash. I was happy being able to freeze the frame and it took me a long time of smacking the trackball on and off, on and off. Sometimes the flash would happen between the on and off, microsecond! When I didn't get the full flash I took a picture anyway to have something but I would try to get the full flash and I was successful and deleted the weak shots.

It's a puzzlement!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

To add the results of an experiment I did today. In mid-afternoon I sat outside the front of my building to enjoy the delicious weather, nice 'n' breezy. I had with me my SX1 IS digicam and shot some practice footage of low-flying helicopters and high airliners. Then I realized that the clouds were not moving! They were static, staying in the same place for what seemed forever and I was using points of reference. I shot some video showing cloud inactivity and included points of reference and the occasional bird to show that it was a live video.

My flasher is shown in the video flashing from the same spot in consecutive frames proving that it didn't always move as would a balloon, a satellite, Venus, birds, human aircraft, etc.

So given all this I'm going to claim the flasher a true UFO or, preferably, unknown aerial phenomena.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Here is a vindicating video. At 8:02 the camera zooms in towards clouds and you see flashes just like in my video. The flasher is in front of the cloud again ruling out all offered explanations.

My flasher is brighter and more definite in the quality of the flash.

www.youtube.com...=506.716711

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To complete thought.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There has been one of these flashing things over East Australia for a few years now.

Always in the same area of sky, it's always downplayed as venus, even when venus is long gone.. but that explanation is good enough for the masses.. it's only weirdo's like me that have tracked it for a few years in the same spot and get called all sorts of names when we bring it up again..

It's things like this that make you distance yourself from the masses, when you realize no one want's to know.. even when it's right in their faces, every dam night.. the more you push them to see it.. the nastier they get in reply.

Good catch though.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
There has been one of these flashing things over East Australia for a few years now.

Always in the same area of sky, it's always downplayed as venus, even when venus is long gone.. but that explanation is good enough for the masses.. it's only weirdo's like me that have tracked it for a few years in the same spot and get called all sorts of names when we bring it up again..

It's things like this that make you distance yourself from the masses, when you realize no one want's to know.. even when it's right in their faces, every dam night.. the more you push them to see it.. the nastier they get in reply.

Good catch though.

We're not the only ones having witnessed this type of aerial phenomena but it's better when you can record it and add it to this thread or start your own, from down under if you will!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I've tried.. my potato is weak. (old Samsung) and i don't have the cash to splurge on anything decent enough to capture it.. but i can point it out for those with the means..

From Sydney NSW, look towards Canberra. it's there every night.
You can see it better the further you get into the highlands and away from the pollution, the clearer the sky the better you can see the flashing colors.. it's obvious it's no star once you've seen it and compared it to the rest of the night sky.

It rarely moves.. so that destroys the venus/planet debunk. It's in orbit, and obviously there's a few of them scattered around the earth, if they are satellites (and they well could be).. were not being told about them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join