It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Bad to Worse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
Thank you. Just knowing that I'm not alone helps a lot.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Has it been working out for you at all?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
I've made something on it. Not enough to move yet though.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I've made something on it. Not enough to move yet though.

I'm glad to hear that GFM has helped...but I'm very sorry things have been so hard. Hang in there...Most of us have been through dark times too.
It will get better...in time.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thank you. I'm trying to hang in as best I can. I think it would be a lot worse if I didn't have my dogs.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear this and it's been rough for lots of us.
I've enjoyed your posts and miss your old avatar.

If you have any kind of medical problem that can be documented the utility companies can be provided a note from your doctor and the will stop any shut-offs. Usually you can just call the Doc's office & avoid an office visit charge.

Google Catholic Charities in your area an see if they can help with anything?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey Skid!

United Way has a service that can connect you to local resources. You can either call 2-1-1 or go to the website:
United Way 2-1-1

Man, I am so sorry you are going through this!!! Do you have enough food? Is there water - well or city? (A well would be connected to the electricity, most likely, which means no water if the power goes out.) Does the house work for shelter??

As to the deed for the property, was there any kind of signed contract involved and could a record of payment be found through a bank?

Again, I'm so sorry. Hang in there and don't despair. I have a strong feeling that help is on the way or within reach. I'm sending you all my best "good vibes" and prayers.

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Call 2-1-1. It's supposed to help in every country-plus they receive money from the feds. They can also help provide temp homes for the pups.
Disability is something you have to keep working at. Get an attorney-it's the only way-you should qualify for free housing.
I would sit on the courthouse steps-ask for help. Sometimes you can't be too proud. I'll be thinking about you-there has to be some help somewhere-I am sure. Take care.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

1st Skid: Im so sorry. Things happen for a reason. Get to a church or several churches...even if you are an unbeliever. Tell them you need help right away. Any help, in any way possible. Like 'em or not...churches help people with places to stay, money, food, clothing.

Go. Right away. And have faith. All is for a reason. There is alot more in you left to give. Let us all know how things go.

God Bless you and Ill say a prayer too.....Peace, Best...MS

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

PS. Ive been there myself. Someone told me once that when we get to the end of our rope...hold on. Someone will come along to help pull you up.

Blessings.MS

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about you situation.

I think what others have said - check all the local charities and churches. Let them know your situation and ask for help; offer to volunteer with what you can.

Also check your local government assistance office. Cases like yours are what those programs are supposed to be for - to help you get back on your feet.

Salvation Army and Catholic Charities, also good places to check.

And usually there is at least one place that can put you in touch with others we haven't thought of.

I sure do hope you get yourself squared away soon and things start going back on the right track. I know it's so hard when that chips get that far down; it feels like you dig and dig and never hit pay dirt, but it will happen sooner or later. Just hang in there ...

I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best (I hope that last doesn't offend, but I can't help it).

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences of late.. I've seen you post and you seem like a decent person.
I hope it all works out for you..
Good luck buddy.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies and advice. It helps more than you can ever know.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, I found out the other day that I have to be out by Sunday, middle of next week at the latest. I don't know what I'm going to do. I looked all over online for emergency housing, only to find that the Salvation Army doesn't have anything in my area. That, and a lot of spam emails for loans. I think I might end up in a shelter, if I'm lucky. I don't see any options that let me keep my dogs and that destroys me. I don't want to lose them. They're all that's kept me going lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

This is breaking my heart.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know why they call it a broken heart now. Mine feels like it's been shattered in a million pieces.

I found out that some friends of my mom's can take me in temporarily. I have to give my dogs away though. I know it might sound silly to some people but they're like my kids. The thought of losing them is killing me. I spent a half an hour up in the woods bawling my eyes out. My youngest dog was doing everything she could to cheer me up, whining and crying the whole time while she did it. She knows something's wrong. I really hate to give them up.

So, yeah, a horrible day. I woke up with a bad panic attack and now this.

ETA: My fur kids:
Molly

Suzie

I'm going to miss them.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Beautiful dogs, looking at them you can tell they are loved very much. I am so sorry you have to give them up and everything else you've been going through.

Wish there was something I could do to help you... ((hugs))
edit on 15-9-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Thank you. They're very sweet. The youngest is a little cuddle monster.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, I found a place to take the girls where they won't be put to sleep. I have a gofundme check coming soon. Then it's a 21 hour and 15 minute bus ride to Michigan with nothing but some clothes, my laptop, and powwow stuff. I feel like I've been hollowed out and somebody scooped all the good stuff out.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here's an update.

A friend in Indiana contacted me at the last second and I was able to keep my girls. Right now, they're in the back yard and have a tent to sleep in.

I got just enough from GoFundMe to get to Indiana and I've been here since October. I've been looking for a job. I've been turned down by two places. One already found someone. The other because I don't have transportation and they have nothing along bus lines. So that sucks. I have an interview next week. I hope I can get the job. I really need one badly. I have to have my own place by the holidays and I'm running out of time. I really am stuck. That's where I am right now.

ETA: I noticed that all of the people who donated to my GoFundme were ATS members. Thank you all again for helping me get here.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join