It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

From Bad to Worse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I was just driving home yesterday. I look over. There's a guy sitting on a bus bench. And I could tell he wasn't waiting for the bus. He was homeless and it was in the minus tempuratures out or at least around 0. I didn't think anything of it. Until I got home. Then I realized that and I kinda felt bad for him.

But truth be told say you went back in time. Maybe like 5 years ago. Maybe at that time he was doing fine. Maybe he was lving in a home with his family. But some bad times hit and he couldn't figure it out and that left him homeless.

but ya life can sometiems go bad. It scares me a great deal actually. but it's no different in the wild. You could have a deer, a "buck" that's the leader of the pack. Then it breaks it's leg. Now it's left behind on it's own. Might die cuz it can't get to food, or it might get eaten by wolves. We think we're so different. But we're not. One misstep, one job loss, one this or that, and you're life could actually end. People don't realize that because we're brainwashed into believing that we live in this safe civil society. It's such a lie, and we need to wake up to that fact.

One thing you could do perhaps is buy a cheap van and live in that until you can get back on your feet. That, or you could live deep in the woods, or perhaps in an abandon building or abandon factory.
edit on 26-11-2016 by truthtalk44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44
I think that's why people turn their noses up at the poor and downtrodden, and homeless. It can so easily happen to them. They can't face it. If they give it enough contempt it can never happen, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I've heard it said that the majority of Americans are only one or two paychecks away from the 'poor house'.

I can believe that as I was ahead in saving last year and then medical and legal issues arose that just wiped me out.

The medical bills are going to be an ongoing issue for awhile and I've had to change my 'game plan' somewhat and realize in order to save for my goals (or at least regain some of my savings) I will need to downsize in a big way and make a few sacrifices.

It will be worth it in the end as long as *fingers crossed* nothing else, unexpected, pops up.

I wish you and the girls the best Skid and hope you find you all a home soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Thank you. I hope so too.

I hope you're able to get ahead again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join