It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Da Vinci Code' to Be Shot Inside Louvre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Not sure if this should be here or somewhere else....so it may be moved. I for one plan on seeing this movie, even though every time I see a movie that I have read the book first, I'm disappointed. A movie just can't go into as much detail as a book....I'm sure we'll get a flood of new "Da Vinci" threads when it comes out...

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050121/en_nm/france_louvre_dc

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I had no Idea they were making this into a film. I just finished the book a few days ago, and I must admit, its one hell of a read. You are right about the book to movie translations. The only movie(s) to ever have done a good job at this is the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I must admit, I did not envision Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon

[edit on 1/21/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think I will try to see this also -- Like LadyV I find books better than the movies they are made into but I have hopes for this. I generally wait for movies to come out on DVD but I may have to go to the theater for this one.

jm

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dunno....there have been some really amazing movies that have been made from books.

A brilliant example here is the Godfather. I am sure the book by Mario Puzzo was mcuh better, but the movie was jsut amazing.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It should be a good movie as Ron Howard is directing and Tom Hanks is a good actor, i wonder who will be playing the Assassin who kills the Proffeser at the beginning of the book, cant remember his name.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The book was excellent so i'll look forward to the movie

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I had no Idea they were making this into a film. I just finished the book a few days ago, and I must admit, its one hell of a read. You are right about the book to movie translations.

For an example of one that was not a good transferal, I suggest Chrichton's "Congo" and "Sphere". And, of course, "Troy".

Haven't read the DaVinci code, too many people beleive it as literal history for me to be able to bear it I think, but perhaps a movie will be allright.

Conspiracy certainly is doing well these days no? National Treasure, the davinci code groups of books nad documentaries, this web site's explosion in membership.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

For an example of one that was not a good transferal, I suggest Chrichton's "Congo" and "Sphere". And, of course, "Troy".

All decent movies, but TERRIBLE book translations. "Man Hunter" was another terrible book to movie translation.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
It should be a good movie as Ron Howard is directing and Tom Hanks is a good actor, i wonder who will be playing the Assassin who kills the Proffeser at the beginning of the book, cant remember his name.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Janus]

Silas...............Creepy albino with blood red eyes............AAAAAAAAAAA!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
has anyone heard who is to play Sophie? that could be a critical turn of the
movie, a make or break point. also who plays Sir Leigh Tiebing. My choices
for Sir Leigh would include Sean Connery and Richard harris but as Harris is dead, maybe Patrick Stewart?

also will they shoot inside Rosylin? that would be , to use the vernacular
of today "way cool". i would buy the video or DVD just for that footage.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
worst book to Movie translation... Battlefield: earth

I really could care less about the Da Vinci Code since it is popularizing false and rather misleading information the same way the movie JFK did about the assassination

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
has anyone heard who is to play Sophie? that could be a critical turn of the
movie, a make or break point. also who plays Sir Leigh Tiebing. My choices
for Sir Leigh would include Sean Connery and Richard harris but as Harris is dead, maybe Patrick Stewart?

also will they shoot inside Rosylin? that would be , to use the vernacular
of today "way cool". i would buy the video or DVD just for that footage.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by stalkingwolf]

I was lucky enough to visit Rosylin a while back, its very beautiful. I can well understand the air of Mystery about it.
I understand what you are saying Jehosephat, a lot of people took the book as bieng based on fact when all it was was an entertaining yarn.

top topics

join