It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Lauer Will Moderate The First Forum Between Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Putin supports Assad in Syria" was a particular favourite of mine.

So Putin supports Assad? Ok? And? He is the head of state in Syria. His armies are fighting the Islamic State RIGHT NOW. On top of the Islamist "moderate" terrorists and foreign mercenaries.

If I didn't already know the west was pushing for regime change in Syria (why?) I'd think they were stupid. The solution to the Islamic State problem has been starring us in the face for the past 2 years. Work with Russia and Syria to defeat them. A long process, like all counter jnsurgency operations,but a practical one.

The solution is not to take 300 random refugees every month, train them into soldiers, send them back to Syria only to have them defect to IS. What a ridiculous plan.

In the meantime it might be a good idea to look more closely into who is funding the Islamic State, and who they are getting their seemingly endless stream of TOW missiles from. Or it would be if we didnt already know the answer was Saudi Arabia

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

So Putin supports Assad? Ok? And? He is the head of state in Syria. His armies are fighting the Islamic State RIGHT NOW. On top of the Islamist "moderate" terrorists and foreign mercenaries.

If I didn't already know the west was pushing for regime change in Syria (why?) I'd think they were stupid. The solution to the Islamic State problem has been starring us in the face for the past 2 years. Work with Russia and Syria to defeat them. A long process, like all counter jnsurgency operations,but a practical one.

The solution is not to take 300 random refugees every month, train them into soldiers, send them back to Syria only to have them defect to IS. What a ridiculous plan.

In the meantime it might be a good idea to look more closely into who is funding the Islamic State, and who they are getting their seemingly endless stream of TOW missiles from. Or it would be if we didnt already know the answer was Saudi Arabia

The whole Putin hysteria is nonsense. US Presidents have done FAR worse than he has ever done.
It makes total sense to ally with Russia to defeat ISIS.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Ohanka

The whole Putin hysteria is nonsense. US Presidents have done FAR worse than he has ever done.
It makes total sense to ally with Russia to defeat ISIS.

Exactly right! Trump is not cemented into that 1970's cold-war mentality like has-been Hillary.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From what I read, Hillary's generic response to her questions were "I made a mistake, but Trump..."

Sounds like Trump had trouble actually explaining his position.

Am I understanding this right

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Personally what I hope happens from tonight is Trump goes off and gets feedback from his campaign staff. He needs to flesh out his answers more, and present more concrete plans.

He makes a particularly good point on finding common ground with Russia and the mutually beneficial task of defeating the Islamic State.

One improvement would be less attacking Obama and Clinton. Yes, he should point out that it is their policies that helped get the world into this mess, but he spent too long on it, and didn't leave himself enough time to properly answer the question (though the moderator didn't help with his constant interruptions)

Anyway, those are my thoughts, a decent performance from Trump, but not great. Needs to be better. Much better.

edit on -050008pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hillary was using her crabby schoolmarm voice, once again. She never learns. And the first questions about emails put her off balance.

Trump doesn't know enough about semantics to say 'secure the oil' instead of 'take the oil.' I actually thought he was going to reveal the contents of his first briefing.

They both sounded angry and defensive, and couldn't stop themselves from attacking the other one, like a schoolyard fight; not presidential, not leader quality. Bully scared kid stuff. Their nerves are shot.

A leader would have lowered their voice, taken a half beat, and answered some of those questions with heart instead of anger.

I hope Mt. Rushmore collapses and lands on them both.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sillyolme

Completing her script possibly. Just because someone talks excessively doesn't mean there is worthwhile content.

True. But in this case there was experience certainty, confidence and competence. Sorry that's the general consensus. Not here in Hillary is scrum land but in the real world.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He had his moments. His quick agreement that military service should be a fast tract to citizenship for illegals for instance.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

When did she lie about trumps position. And on what?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You don't get bullied into submission and silence. Not before insuring your point is heard.
Then you listen.
You don't let yourself get silenced or patronized.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

False.

Only confidence that her actions were not failures.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Glad you think so. Of course that's complete bull but we'll let that slide.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Now I don't think Hillary hit it out of the park either. I wish she's just say I'm sorry every time . I know she's said she is sorry she made a mistake. She talks about how she's apologized. Fine but I think she should start every conversation about it with. I'm sorry America. Really sorry. I'm thankful the info was never compromised. We were all really lucky. And I'm sorry...
On many issues I could see she was drawing on experience to give an answer. Her ease in those answers was reassuring.
She's no rookie.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey. I missed the entire debate.
How was it???
Who won???
Is there a replay of it I can watch somewhere???

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Let's be sure he's not just being naive. Gullible.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Look !!

Another phony hiding things !!

NBC’s Matt Lauer fails To disclose past membership in Clinton Global Initiative

DaaaaaHaHaHa

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Russia is bombing our advisors because they are embedded with Anti Assad troops...aligned with ISIS...against the Soviets...if we could bring it together we could work to eliminate ISIS.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You sound like Trump....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

What about when Trump intimated that the agents who had given him his security briefing had, through body language, told him that Obama had failed to act on their advice in some risky situation he couldn't speak about.
Through body language he says they told him that.
White house security staff, secret service guys told trump through their body language that they were unhappy with the current administration.

Personally I think it's his imagination.

I'm a little embarrassed for him too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join