It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Lauer Will Moderate The First Forum Between Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It wasn't a debate and try MSNBC.com for an online video.

They were not on together. They both did a town hall type forum with veterans.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It wasn't a debate and try MSNBC.com for an online video.

They were not on together. They both did a town hall type forum with veterans.

Oh, ok. Nevermind then. That's not what I thought it was. I didn't miss anything after all.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It didn't seem to matter or mean anything. It's generally agreed that he,was fair and balanced.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It was interesting though because the audience was the same people though not all the questions were. Hillary's questions started with the emails.
Trumps with his statement about knowing more than the generals.
Both fielded questions on the VA.
on Syria, Russia, Iran etc.
edit on 972016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It didn't seem to matter or mean anything. It's generally agreed that he,was fair and balanced.

LOL

Of course "it doesn't matter" or "make any difference".

Just unethical and misleading is all.

Just part of the fix.

Just part of doing business underhandedly.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why is it unethical? Who did he mislead?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It was interesting though because the audience was the same people though not all the questions were. Hillary's questions started with the emails.
Trumps with his statement about knowing more than the generals.
Both fielded questions on the VA.
on Syria, Russia, Iran etc.

How well did each of them do??

Did they answer with genuine answers or just a bunch of empty words and phrases???

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Look !!

Another phony hiding things !!

NBC’s Matt Lauer fails To disclose past membership in Clinton Global Initiative

Most all of them, bought and paid for mouthpieces.

"past" membership...cough cough cough.....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Why is it unethical? Who did he mislead?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think Trump manhandled Matt Lauer like a boss....
At the end you can see Matt face just fall in love with Trump.... it was beautiful seeing Trump take the dominant role!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

What about when Trump intimated that the agents who had given him his security briefing had, through body language, told him that Obama had failed to act on their advice in some risky situation he couldn't speak about.
Through body language he says they told him that.
White house security staff, secret service guys told trump through their body language that they were unhappy with the current administration.

Personally I think it's his imagination.

I'm a little embarrassed for him too.

THIS!

He actually told the saner members of the audience that he surmised something from body language that he wasn't actually TOLD. And it was the most important part of what he took away from the interaction.

The man is certifiable. Is he planning on using 'body language' to figure out what people are thinking or 'trying' to tell him once he's in the Situation Room? Will he be pushing buttons based on someone's body language? "The General told me to do it! I could see it in his body language!"

The moderator should have asked him when he's going to go see a real doctor and get a real exam and provide a real health evaluation including mental health.

The explosion that followed would have been epic. Watch him have a total meltdown.

Both of these candidates are running on fumes and adrenaline, but him? Yee gads.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

You're kidding, right?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

I reckon that you've never been in sales?
I can tell just by that tirade. Now imagine how much more I can learn just from your body language.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I think Trump manhandled Matt Lauer like a boss....
At the end you can see Matt face just fall in love with Trump.... it was beautiful seeing Trump take the dominant role!

This sounds like you've been 'dominated' by Trump yourself...

Lauer appeared to be in Trumps pocket from the start, I guess it's hard to ask serious questions of someone who has no real answers but still it was pretty embarrassing to watch.
edit on 8-9-2016 by jogon because: Posted incomplete

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
"Putin supports Assad in Syria" was a particular favourite of mine.

So Putin supports Assad? Ok? And? He is the head of state in Syria. His armies are fighting the Islamic State RIGHT NOW. On top of the Islamist "moderate" terrorists and foreign mercenaries.

If I didn't already know the west was pushing for regime change in Syria (why?) I'd think they were stupid. The solution to the Islamic State problem has been starring us in the face for the past 2 years. Work with Russia and Syria to defeat them. A long process, like all counter jnsurgency operations,but a practical one.

The solution is not to take 300 random refugees every month, train them into soldiers, send them back to Syria only to have them defect to IS. What a ridiculous plan.

In the meantime it might be a good idea to look more closely into who is funding the Islamic State, and who they are getting their seemingly endless stream of TOW missiles from. Or it would be if we didnt already know the answer was Saudi Arabia

Why? Because the Assad regime slaughtered masses of innocent protesters, some by utilising chemical weapons. You might argue that we should have stayed out of it but to lend our support to that would be a disgrace. Or is it ok now to slaughter innocents as long as we can get at some overblown army of extremists half way around the world? Given that we have supported change, that sounds like a sure fire way to drive ISIS recruitment and extremism in general.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

He had his moments. His quick agreement that military service should be a fast tract to citizenship for illegals for instance.

I am not an expert by any means, but I am pretty sure military service is already a fast track to citizenship, I served with several guys whos military service allowed them to stay in America and moved them to the front of the line for citizenship after their 4-6 years were up.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
NBC Poll suggests Trump came out on top in the Forum last night.
That's a blow to Clinton after her month off. This was supposed to be a big night for her.

47000+ votes so far
Trump 57%
Clinton 43%

NBC Poll - Commander in Chief Forum

edit on 8/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am shocked (not really) to see the press's coverage of last night.

First off let me say I thought that we here on ATS were great with our analysis. There was a healthy mix of supporters of both, and a wide mix of opinions. I personally felt that Lauer and the forum was pretty even handed, and it seemed like most people on here agreed with that.

You would think that the media watched a different forum all together,

www.ew.com...

www.rawstory.com...

I could post more links but you can just search it, and the vitriol to Lauer from the left is amazing. Everything from he asked Clinton tougher questions, to he is sexists because he interrupted Clinton more. Some of these people making these criticisms are people like New Yor Times reporters.

I didn't here one person on here make these accusations, and we had Clinton supporters watching it. It seems to me like sour grapes because Clinton didn't dominate this forum like some expected.

And now to these people, all of the sudden a member of the press supposedly being "unfair" to a candidate is a big deal, when they have shrugged of the unbelievable negative coverage of Trump as no big deal.

I feel like many in the main stream media will not be satisfied with fair coverage or moderators, they feel like these moderators have a duty to crush Trump and prop up Hillary.

I am glad we have a place like ATS where we can discuss events as they ahppen, so we don't have to rely on the spin of these so called journalists.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am shocked (not really) to see the press's coverage of last night.

First off let me say I thought that we here on ATS were great with our analysis. There was a healthy mix of supporters of both, and a wide mix of opinions. I personally felt that Lauer and the forum was pretty even handed, and it seemed like most people on here agreed with that.

You would think that the media watched a different forum all together,

www.ew.com...

www.rawstory.com...

I could post more links but you can just search it, and the vitriol to Lauer from the left is amazing. Everything from he asked Clinton tougher questions, to he is sexists because he interrupted Clinton more. Some of these people making these criticisms are people like New Yor Times reporters.

I didn't here one person on here make these accusations, and we had Clinton supporters watching it. It seems to me like sour grapes because Clinton didn't dominate this forum like some expected.

And now to these people, all of the sudden a member of the press supposedly being "unfair" to a candidate is a big deal, when they have shrugged of the unbelievable negative coverage of Trump as no big deal.

I feel like many in the main stream media will not be satisfied with fair coverage or moderators, they feel like these moderators have a duty to crush Trump and prop up Hillary.

I am glad we have a place like ATS where we can discuss events as they ahppen, so we don't have to rely on the spin of these so called journalists.

If anything I thought Lauer was slightly biased towards Clinton. As I mentioned he actually corrected Trump to defend Hillary at one point (though only once) and he didn't highlight previous quote inconsistencies to current points with Clinton (of which there are many). It was a pretty good effort though and a million miles away from the usual MSM nonsense we see. I was pleasantly surprised.

The MSM today are just upset that Hillary didn't score a big win as she was supposed to, so wholly unsurprised they have rounded on Lauer.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It seems Matt Lauer may be run out of the media for daring to question Hillary Clinton.
A clear signal is being sent to debate moderators that fair questioning will not be tolerated.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join