It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Lauer Will Moderate The First Forum Between Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Completing her script possibly. Just because someone talks excessively doesn't mean there is worthwhile content.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: shooterbrody

We have agreed that foreign policy route is wrong.

Let's consider that a plus and a move forward.

He's not making his point so well on the oil. He SHOULD be saying 'keep it out of the hands of ISIS' - because without the finances they would not have grown so quick.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I thought Trumps results were about the same as Hillary's. Nothing great, nothing terrible. I though he started weak and got better.

Overall, I think this was a wash to me, both did just ok.

I also don't see this changing very many peoples minds. There didn't seem to be anything said that would get someone off of the fence.

Now comes the fun part, of watching each sides supporters talk about how great they did and what a monster the other person was.

Don't get me wrong, both sides will do this. But I can't wait to see MSNBC (who aired this) give their take on how evil Trump was in his forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

We have agreed that foreign policy route is wrong.

Let's consider that a plus and a move forward.

He's not making his point so well on the oil. He SHOULD be saying 'keep it out of the hands of ISIS' - because without the finances they would not have grown so quick.

I think there is more to it than that, but I would agree.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Isn't there a chicken you need to feed or something?🐔🐓

Of course it was an act .
Like when they try to get trump to "act" presidential?

I don't suppose you'll stick around for the commentary.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh and wanted to add I didn't think Lauer did a bad job at all. Maybe if you went through with a microscope, you could make a case that he was slightly harsher on one or the other, but I personally think it was pretty fair. I hope the debate moderators go after both of the equally.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
First time I have heard Hillary say no troops in iraq or syria

Thought that whole middle east dictator toppling was her doing? We came...and all that??

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Oh and wanted to add I didn't think Lauer did a bad job at all. Maybe if you went through with a microscope, you could make a case that he was slightly harsher on one or the other, but I personally think it was pretty fair. I hope the debate moderators go after both of the equally.

Yes, it was fairly balanced. I think he did more of going back to Trump statements to trip him up. He could have done the same with multiple things Clinton had said too. He also defended Hillary at one point during Trump's section, but did not do the same for Trump, when she lied about one of his positions.

But overall, not bad. A LOT better than standard MSNBC fare.
edit on 7/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Not bad at all. She was speaking from her experience and you could see that.

What surprised me...
She has a mental health folder in her agenda and within that a sub folder on veterans mental health issues, their causes, and her plan to deal with it. I mean she's getting ready to deal with it ALL !

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No, in negotiations you do not keep talking. You listen. Ask a question. Listen. She rambled....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yay to the victor goes the spoils.
Virgins, gold and silver, spices...oil

Never mind national sovereignty huh trump?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Has there ever been a more obviously hostile moderator? It came off fairly unfair to me, and the tone changes, the nonsense anti-Russian statements
edit on -050008pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wars cost blood and money. It's a hard simple truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan

But I know more than the generals.

If this is a preview of how the debates are going to go he's in big big trouble.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes that was smart.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well I agree but that's not how it will play in Peoria. LOL.

link   

So the last 8 years has been a success in foreign policy?

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MrThortan

But I know more than the generals.

If this is a preview of how the debates are going to go he's in big big trouble.

My cat knows more than the US generals that have been employed in the ME.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's a link to highlights of both of their responses.

Let us know if they missed anything or are misrepresenting anything said. I wasn't able to watch so I figured I'd look for a rundown.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Despite Trump being awful at the start and getting a bit better , I don't think Hillary hit it out of the park. This was supposed to be her environment where she'd shine using her 30 years of subject knowledge (even if her policies have been terrible). She failed in that regard.
If this is a portent to her performance in the debates then she may be in trouble.
Her winning hand is her experience vs Trump having none, but there didn't seem to be a huge gap tonight.
edit on 7/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join