It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Like This One Tenth Grader...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Right now I'm trying to finish this stupid Government crossword we had to finish for homework...
What is "the winter quarters where the Continental Army nearly froze to death during the American Revolution"?

link   

originally posted by: Danowski

Man, I had no idea ATS has such young members, that thread title seemed so wrong..

Although it would have been funny if DBCowboy was the thread author.

link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Valley Forge.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

I'm a notorious blusher. It's hard to conceal my feelings. That's why I try to not talk to my secret crushes.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Brotherman

Curious what your advice is.

I have to say, I thought the thread was a red flag, only to find out we had members even in high school.

Are you a single lady between the ages of 25 and 30? If so I often practice what I preach

No need to give the young man pro tips until he is at least old enough to be creatively devious yet young enough to claim learning experience and teen angst lol

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
Right now I'm trying to finish this stupid Government crossword we had to finish for homework...
What is "the winter quarters where the Continental Army nearly froze to death during the American Revolution"?

VALLEY FORGE!!!!!

Edit: AugustusMasonicus beat me to it.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks! Fits perfectly. There's this other question I had. I thought it was the Potomac, but the letters don't match up. What is the river that Washington crossed on Christmas Eve in a surprise attack on the British? It contains the letters "r" and "t".

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm a year old male, so no. Suppose I'll have to see you preach one day.
edit on 29-8-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

link   

Delaware.

link   

Thanks! Fits perfectly. There's this other question I had. I thought it was the Potomac, but the letters don't match up. What is the river that Washington crossed on Christmas Eve in a surprise attack on the British? It contains the letters "r" and "t".

The Delaware I believe

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
10th grade huh? Time to get down to some serious "making out" first base, know what I mean squire, wink wink eh!!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

R and t. Delaware doesn't contain a T. "R" is the third letter, and "t" is a letter after r. So it's like _ _r_t_ _ _

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Update: _ _ r _ t _ w _

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Try using Google and telling me that Washington did not cross the Delaware on Christmas Eve.

I have watched the reenactment myself since it is only a hour from where I live.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

LOL There is a Hessian graveyard in my neighborhood where those that Washington fought against are buried. Ill take pix sometime of the monument and some of the old stones.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Update: _ _ r _ t _ w _

I think you may have made a mistake or two in the rest of the crossword, there isn't a river in America I can recall with the second to last letter being a Dub-yah.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So we have to help you with chicks and history?

*sigh*

George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River, which occurred on the night of December 25–26, 1776, during the American Revolutionary War, was the first move in a surprise attack organized by George Washington against the Hessian forces in Trenton, New Jersey on the morning of December 26. George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I feel so stupid right now. I was asking for question 2, not question one. You're all correct. It was the Delaware. The answer I was searching for was "Yorktown". Sorry!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Good luck kid, I'm pulling for you.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
One last question, I promise. What is the name of the building where the Declaration of Independence was signed? I thought it was Independence Hall, but it won't fit.

Oh wait, didn't see the extra 10 spaces...

Edit: Disregard.
edit on 29-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join