It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Commits Suicide In Fear Of Being Called RACIST

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Holy #, the cringe factor on that video is unreal.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This right here ... pure sensationalist BS.

Even the utterly biased "article" linked in the OP makes it clear that the young lady was troubled.

Yet, this tragedy is used to harp on racial tensions, even while hypocritically pretending to be concerned with them.

Bitter f-ing irony there.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: Phage

Read the article.

Oh. Ok.
I did. Now what?

Your contribution is noted.

@OP - lucky for me I live in a predominantly white country with over 90 % of residents being slightly right oriented backwards rednecks. I think we will be fine for a while at least.

It's interesting, while your country has a tradition of racial tension...a race of the individual is hardly an issue where I come from. I guess my first sentence takes credit for that.
Duly noted and good for you and your wonderful country. Please don't ever leave.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Here, we have someone using a horrible tragedy to advance a personal/political/racial agenda.... Lots of that going around lately... Example

Dwyane Wade's cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!

So, I think I'm pretty clear on the OP's agenda, but I do have a question...

Why would this girl be "afraid" of being called a racist by the Asians in her area because she darkened her skin and wore a scarf on her head??? Asian people have fairly light skin and, as far as I know, aren't known for wearing scarves on their head... So, who concocted this story and how did they know WHY she killed herself? She never even MET the alleged boyfriend...

This actually sounds like a conspiracy... SOMEONE has an agenda to push. And the OP is helping them quite nicely. I'm not buying it, though.

Condolences to this girl's friends and family...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sounds to me like it was someone that has problems long before they couldn't handle being possibly called something and that pushed them over the edge.

Does anyone honestly believe she ended her life because she was afraid she might be called a racists ?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: mc_squared

The article clearly lines this out for us. This was obviously the straw that broke the camel's back if we read what the people closest to her were saying.

I think it is the other way around. I think that you are not paying enough attention. Look at the front page there are two clear pieces of evidence of this mental conditioning on display.

Multi-millionaire football player won't stand for the national anthem because blacks are oppressed by whites.

#stopwhitepeople2k16 trending on Twitter, you know, because white people are racist.

You don't even need to reach further than where you are to see the manifestation of this conditioning.

Nice virtue signal though, that was well played.

Unfortunately, you are correct. It's ok to be blatantly anti-white, given the examples you list, but that does not fall into the racist category, according to the lib playbook. It's justified outrage by the people who've been oppressed by the white man for centuries. But even an innocent event, for instance Ellen DeGeneres posting a photoshopped picture of her on Usain Bolt's back, it's automatically racist, if not blatant, at least a dog whistle. I'm glad I'm in my mid-fifties and hopefully will be dead in ten years. Because this country is doomed and will be unrecognizable within thirty years due to the SJW influence. I weep for the future and my kids growing up in a country completely different than the country I grew up in.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So much emphasis is being placed on skin color.

No emphasis on accomplishments, abilities, goals.

But this is our society now where you are judged not by what you do, but on how you look.

I feel for this poor girls parents.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But perhaps I was too subtle for some. I think it's bullcrap to claim that this young woman killed herself because she feared she would be called a racist. Clear enough?

Greatly appreciated.

Though I find it interesting that you would dismiss the conclusion from the title even though all the available info points to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ok, I am going to risk offending some people here. This is only a tragic event for the family and especially the father who had to find the girl. But when someone (anyone) commits suicide because of fear of what others might think of them, they are taking the easy way out and at most should be nominated for a Darwin Award. The kid should have apologized if she felt so strongly about it. Instead she attempts to get post-mortem sympathy.
k, rant over.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thank you. Regarding the first quote, I would have sworn it simply said he found her dead -- my mistake. Don't know why I missed that, but I sure did!

Regarding the second quote -- after reading the article again
-- I understand that was talked about, but there is nothing that I read which definitively stated that was the reason. No suicide note, no friend or family member testifying that she had threatened suicide, no cryptic Facebook message... nothing.

Her fear of retaliation is mentioned; but perhaps the worst "retaliation" came from the boyfriend breaking off with her after the picture became public. I can't imagine he was at all happy about her publicly mocking and disrespecting his parents. From the perspective of a teenage girl, the angst of losing her boyfriend would be far more personal -- and therefore crushing -- than any feared retaliation from the community, and therefore more likely in my mind. Both would make it a double whammy. If we add her angst at what her parents would say/think if they found out (assuming they didn't already know), or what they did say/think (assuming they did know), then we've got a triple whammy.

All of the above is speculation, obviously, but that's all we've got -- including the White guilt theory proposed in the OP.

All we know for sure is that the girl found herself in a situation she could not handle and did not know how to do better.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: intrptr

What Phage is implying is reasons why people commit suicide are usually complex. There might be a trigger event or straw that broke the camels back event that drive them over the edge, but suicide is rarely carried out for just one reason. It usually takes a long time for a person to build to it, each disappointment or frustration adding to the eventual decision to take ones own life.

Seems to me the other reason involved a boy friend and his parents. Since I guess she wasn't Asian it caused difficulties in there relationship. And one thing about teenagers they think relationships are alot more serious at that age than they are.

You hit the nail on the head. Teenagers are at higher risk of suicide than other groups, and relationship issues can seem all encompassing at that age. It probably wasn't fear of being called a racist in general, but fear that the parents of her boyfriend had interpreted her photo as a personal affront (which it sort of was, since her post specifically mentions them) that drove her over the edge.

She's already having boyfriend trouble and now she goes and does this and gets found out, and in the mind of a teenager, that can be enough.

It looks to me like she basically accused his parents of being racist. That's a hard thing to walk back.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Her fear of retaliation is mentioned; but perhaps the worst "retaliation" came from the boyfriend breaking off with her after the picture became public.

She had never met the "boyfriend"... I still don't understand why dark skin and a headscarf would offend Asian people... Can anyone shed some light on that???

All we know for sure is that the girl found herself in a situation she could not handle and did not know how to do better.

That's the bottom line.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She had never met the "boyfriend"...

That's still very odd to me. I'm really not sure what to make of it.

I still don't understand why dark skin and a headscarf would offend Asian people... Can anyone shed some light on that???

I can only look at it from my frame of reference... my hubby's family did not "accept" me at first. And if I had darkened my skin and put on a sombrero and said that was the only way they would accept me, I would expect that they would never accept me after that -- and for good reason!

At the same time, if my son/daughter's sweetheart painted their face with woad and put on a horned helmet and helmet and said that was the only way I would accept them... I'd probably laugh my butt off.

So I guess it all comes down to one's perspective.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think, most likely, as others have said, there was a lot more going on with this young woman than is being shared in these articles.

It almost seems as though someone (in addition to the OP) used this story to promote an agenda that blames so-called SJWs for her death. There's been a concerted effort to make SJWs out to be some kind of internet bullies.

Crazy chicken world.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Boadicea

I think, most likely, as others have said, there was a lot more going on with this young woman than is being shared in these articles.

It almost seems as though someone (in addition to the OP) used this story to promote an agenda that blames so-called SJWs for her death. There's been a concerted effort to make SJWs out to be some kind of internet bullies.

Crazy chicken world.

Agreed, totally and completely. That article was written with an agenda, with select details and inferences, to invoke a specific response from the readers. Too many questions and not enough answers.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

Fact is the only people that actually believe all white people are inherently racist are a fringe minority of extremists who themselves are inherently racist. To peddle this myth as if it's a sweeping reality makes you sound like just another delusional extremist on the other side of the same coin.

Personally I hear this hyperbole coming from wannabe-victim white conservatives way more than I do from actual anti-white racists. The way you twisted the above two examples to fit this fake narrative only reinforces that.

Very true and simply put.

Let's face it. Your white American ancestors were pricks. Nobody ever owned up to their prickish attitudes so some people are still resentful...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Phage

Fear of being a racist was the only factor? Other than that everything else was hunky dory?

Asking vague questions without answering them is not really an expression of an opinion. Nowhere in the article does it clearly state the reason for the suicide...other then mentioning of a race...yet you know...that not everything was hunky dory.

I wonder how you know that...

It amazes me that people will utterly discount everyything that comes out of any media outlet, unless it reinforces their previously held opinions; then it's the word of God.
edit on 8/29/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

WOW - Right there is a video that clearly shows the effects of watching too much of the Kardashians, Ellen, MTV and believing every Facebark post, ever.

A mammoth display of zero logic and what really freaks me out is that bloody sort of 'sings as it speaks' #in voice that goes with it's zero logic.

Americans, indeed all men, need to cease breeding with this type of female, effective immediately.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In this heartbreaking story, a 16 year old teenager has committed suicide over this brainwashing nonsense.

Really?
Fear of being a racist was the only factor? Other than that everything else was hunky dory?

Nothing of relevance to add as usual I see.
Do please try and show a little sympathy for this individual.
Your half thought out comments add nothing of value.

As someone who has personally experienced this kind of shaming I can assure you this stuff is crushing to the individual. It makes you afraid to talk about race relations but peoples criticism of your race is acceptable. Take for example the whites being told to stand at the back of BLM rally. Could you imagine if white people said that to anyone? There would be riots!

A very subtle shaming but shaming non the less. In history class taught about all the atrocities of the whites throughout history with little reference to anything else. Here in America we get entire semesters devoted to the horrors of slavery. But not a single mention of the countless people from all races that fought against and still does fight against slavery. It's like white people alone owned slaves. Never mind the thousands of slaves that are taken in the name of Islam as I write this. Lets focus on a very small group of people from centuries ago.

I have a theory that students are being educated NOT to be patriotic and proud of their heritage. Therefore they won't resist as much when their culture is diluted and eventually destroyed by a conflicting culture. Why would you try to preserve your culture and way of life if you thought it was vile?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

This is extremely off-topic in my opinion. The image pictured is a protest against the open-carry legislation on college campuses in Texas. You can openly carry a weapon of death but you cannot openly display any depiction of genitals.

But I understand where your coming from. It's easier to just point and laugh at those crazy lib-tards from your lazy boy...

Pathetic.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join