It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Commits Suicide In Fear Of Being Called RACIST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We have had plenty of evidence of actual bullying - in public places, in schools, on social media,etc. We've had parents admit that their teen talked of bullying. We've had suicide notes left that talked of bullying going on - actual bullying, not the "fear" of bullying.

True, this article tells us practically nothing, so we don't know much about what was going on with this girl. That's exactly why so many of us are puzzled as to the statement by the article (and the OP) that the reason for this girl's suicide could only be because she "feared" being called a racist and that it is directly as a result of some mean and cruel SJW action.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It seems like many teen suicides are the result of bullying, we don't know the extent to which this girl was bullied or if. It seems prudent to teach kids not to bully. It's odd the same crowd decrying "SJW" bullies cry pussification of our kids if the bullying is about gay or trans kids or non-white, non-Christian kids.

Maybe because there is a difference between when someone picks on a person with the express intent of making them feel bad, and someone claiming that if they don't get their way with everything, they are being bullied?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

She posted it saying that this is the only way she would be able to get her boyfriend's parents to accept her.
a reply to: Winstonian

I feel terrible. for her. I feel like there is some influence or suggestion of those destructive feelings coming from the boyfriend and his family, maybe that's obvious.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Again I agree we don't know the entirity of this girls story. I just want to reiterate before I make my point that I feel bad for anyone that contemplates suicide or any family member that has had to live through it. Regardless of my political opinion, all of these deaths are tragic and I am not trying to belittle them.

I was only commenting that if people say to bring up that bringing up the fact that this girl may have killed herself out of fear she would be labeled racists is political pandering then the same could be said of commenting on any bodies reason for a suicide. If we can discuss one, we should be able to discuss all.

As far as bullying leading to death, I am sure that has happened for all sorts of reasons. However, look at the real effects of SJW's and their agenda on masculinity or white patriarchy. For example, girls are now the default acceptable in elemntary schools in the US, and any behavior by boys that deviate from that is dealt with by drugging the boys, which leads to dependency, depression, death, and suicide.

"We are pathologizing boyhood," says Ned Hallo-well, a psychiatrist who has been diagnosed with ADHD himself and has cowritten two books about it, Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction. "God bless the women's movement—we needed it—but what's happened is, particularly in schools where most of the teachers are women, there's been a general girlification of elementary school, where any kind of disruptive behavior is sinful. What I call the 'moral diagnosis' gets made: You're bad. Now go get a doctor and get on medication so you'll be good. And that's a real perversion of what ought to happen. Most boys are naturally more restless than most girls, and I would say that's good. But schools want these little goody-goodies who sit still and do what they're told—these robots—and that's just not who boys are."

www.esquire.com...

So it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that the SJW default of labeling anyone a racist that refuses to totally agree with them could lead to so much social stigma that people would kill themselves.

If the left is allowed to talk about how the actions of those not with them leads to deaths and that is considered non political and a necessary topic, why can people on the right not do the same?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Like if you say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, you're bullying Christians?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Okay, wow - you are all over the place here. I'm not sure how you connected SJWs with ADHD meds. That's probably more an issue of teachers getting tired of dealing with 25 kids in a class and having some of them be disruptive more than being about some kind of social justice rampage. I'm as liberal as they come, and I don't agree with meds like that for kids. If I was told I had to give my son meds for ADHD, I'd most likely pull him out and homeschool him.

Again, not a lot of evidence of suicides due to SJW action, but lots of evidence of suicides due to anti-gay bullying.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
I am not trying to hijack the thread. My main point is that either all suicides should be able to be used for political purposes, or none. Period.

I do think you are wrong about SJW's not causing harm and suicides. Read up on Christina Hoff Summers or Karen Straughn and how they outline how boys are having their lives destroyed by SJW values, are being overly medicated, and as a result are doing poorer in all aspects of school than girls, and experiencing all sorts of chemical dependency issues including death and suicide.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Like if you say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, you're bullying Christians?

No. More like if I say, "Merry Christmas!" to you then I am seeking to inflict deep, emotional trauma on you because, even though I don't know you from the man on the moon, I ought to somehow have known that you are one of those people who find the mere implication that you might have anything to do with the holiday deeply offensive and personally hurtful.

Meanwhile, I just screwed up and let it slip my lips because my whole family says it, everyone I know says it, etc. ...

But, you know, you aren't going to accept that it was not my intent to cause offense and you are going to go out of your way to get my fired and everything else in order to punish me for my transgression.

It isn't about saying Happy Holidays as it is about people getting their panties in a wad because we say Merry Christmas.
edit on 29-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Very sad state of affairs. A waste of a young life.
I think it needs to be pointed out to many on ATS, that the British and British Media, have an annoying habit of calling people of Indian/Pakistani/Arab et al descent, as "ASIANS". Instead of using the correct term used by the people themselves, which is Indian, Paki, Arab etc.
I understand it is mostly a British thing.
The rest of the World call Asians, people of East Asian descent....from Vladivostok to Jakarta.
The Indian people I have met, call themselves Indian, not Asians. They refer to themselves as people of the Sub-Continent.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The thing is that the people in my scenario and the people in your scenario are both actually just a few dots here and there among the landscape of people, they're just loud. It seems like for for every non-Christian insisting there be no holiday decorations in a space there's a Christian insisting there be only Christmas decorations in a space.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The suicide story is a tragedy but I have to believe there was more going on in her life to lead her to this.

As for the girl in the Lyft taxi, her behaviour was appalling, and I am glad the driver kicked her out of the car. Hopefully, she learns her lesson and seeks help for her disease.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The thing is that the people in my scenario and the people in your scenario are both actually just a few dots here and there among the landscape of people, they're just loud. It seems like for for every non-Christian insisting there be no holiday decorations in a space there's a Christian insisting there be only Christmas decorations in a space.

Thing is that trying to justify it by pointing fingers gets us nowhere.

Instead, it seems society is quietly scrubbing all signs of cultural distinctiveness which is not the answer.

I constantly tell my son, "Other people do things different. Different is not necessarily wrong, just different. You may not like their brand of different and it may not be how we do things, but that still doesn't make it wrong, only maybe wrong for you. Your job in life is to learn how to get along with those people, not to change them unless they are really doing something wrong."

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No, it wasn't in fear of being called racist.

This happened in Birmingham, UK, which has a massive Asian population (the British meaning of Asian, meaning Pakistani/Indian).

To go public with what could be perceived as a racist jibe against this community might be to invite big trouble.

It wasn't in fear of being called racist but of the possible consequences.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The continent of Hawaii?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Crazy to hear, sad to hear.

Racism is not as big a problem as the world would like us to believe. We all have pre-thought ideas about another race because being our race separates us from other races by default. We are then only led to believe what the news tells us and the tv shows. So the media and the world at large is to blame for why anyone thinks what they think, I should be allowed to call anyone anything as long as I am not going out my way to do it. As its my opinion and an opinion should never ever, ever! Be anything more then that. Not labelled the very idiotic word of Racist.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I read somewhere that they call this generation of teens the "marshmallow generation" because they are having such a hard time dealing with all the crap in this world. They are noted as being super sensitive. If the world makes us adults shake our heads and wonder if it's all gone to "hell in a handbag", as mama would say, then what do they think? Can you imagine just being a teen losing their identity to massive pressure to conform to everything? To see your rights being tossed out the window. See just about every country at war and so much talk of WW3 on the horizon. To see no one good presidential candidate speaking on their behalf. To know that you could get shot just walking to the corner store. I can't even fathom the idea of being a young, pregnant teen mom with a potential Zika baby!!! I could list 50 more things, but I think you got the idea. My heart goes out to these kids. They old saying of "have faith in the world" can no longer be said.
You'd better some up with a better line if you want to help a teen. If we haven't changed the world, then why should they be expected too? (I know someone's gonna rip me over being so negative. Just have a good plan for the kids, before doing so, please.)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
pEOPLE need to know what POSITIVE DISCRIMINATION is , how it works , and why we now have to live with it .

Its the act of disadvantaging groups or individuals based on their potential (racially governed) ability to dominate other groups or individuals .

Basically it's a pre-emptive control mechanism designed for use by those who can then cynically manipulate , mainly white people ... ...

.... Isolate them , shame them , punish them , while they imagine it's their fault , etc , sound relevant to the topic?

IT'd make a great research thread for someone who can understand and elucidate subtleties . Positive Discrimination is the REAL (racial) abuse , yet it's not mentioned here , because people don't get it , how it works .
Someone , do something about that please.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join