It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPhone Users Urged to Update After Security Flaws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Could my iphone be spied on, probably. Do i care, no not really. But for those who do care, Iphone has according to sources;

Investigators discovered that a company called the NSO Group, an Israeli outfit that sells software that invisibly tracks a target’s mobile phone, was responsible for the intrusions. The NSO Group’s software can read text messages and emails and track calls and contacts. It can even record sounds, collect passwords and trace the whereabouts of the phone user

We advise all of our customers to always download the latest version of iOS to protect themselves against potential security exploits,” said Fred Sainz, a company spokesman.

In many cases, the NSO Group had designed its tools to impersonate those of the Red Cross, Facebook, Federal Express, CNN, Al Jazeera, Google and even the Pokemon Company to gain the trust of its targets, according to the researchers.

Do you have the new update?? I dont, but hey, if you packing some secrets... You should start

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
People still buy icrap? Huh...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

Double post... sorry man...er....woman... ah...whatever!
edit on 26-8-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

They have icrap now? Wow! It must be some really high tech sh$t!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
People on ATS are incredibly misinformed when it comes to tech. I have the professional background to know the truth.
If you are scared of digital intrusion, apple is your safest bet.
If you don't care, go android, the kernel is available for all to compromise - the downfall of freeware.
If you're really serious about security go blackberry - although they won't be around much longer.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thats interesting. Good thing Apple refused when US intelligence asked for a backdoor to the iPhone. But who knows what really goes on..

edit on 26-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Nice Mandelbrot Set.

Funnier still is that both systems' core was invented by.... The U.S. Government... no not a back-door there...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
People on ATS are incredibly misinformed when it comes to tech. I have the professional background to know the truth.
If you are scared of digital intrusion, apple is your safest bet.
If you don't care, go android, the kernel is available for all to compromise - the downfall of freeware.
If you're really serious about security go blackberry - although they won't be around much longer.

If you are scared of digital intrusion as you put it then you are better to just turn off whatever device you have, the fragmentation of the droid universe can help as no one knows exactly what exploits are available on any device.

Apple generally is seen as secure but thats due to a lot of the time they don't admit there are problems with their gear.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

They have icrap now? Wow! It must be some really high tech sh$t!

I guess it must unplug the toilet now. Or is it the itoilet...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

You ever hack someone's phone? You can just get the device id from the MAC. Then find out which exploits to use.
Most people who suffer from intrusions are stupid and don't know how their devices work.

In my country we have a saying, I'll translate it for you.

If you're stupid, you gotta get hurt.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria the fragmentation of the droid universe can help as no one knows exactly what exploits are available on any device.

Apple generally is seen as secure but thats due to a lot of the time they don't admit there are problems with their gear.

You don't know jack...

top topics

join