It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suggests major shift on deportations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The wall and deporting 8 million illegals was the cornerstone of his campaign.

What's next...no wall?

His supporters have been played for chumps. imo Trump was never serious and had this in mind all along....

www.rawstory.com...

If he bails on the debates....it over!

Yes, then we're all phuked because we'd get Hillary a Rodham Clinton.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

What's next...no wall?

His supporters have been played for chumps. imo Trump was never serious and had this in mind all along....

www.rawstory.com...

This is how they play the game
Trump is establishment and will play the game
There is no compromise when you let the establishment have all they want
I said as much before Trump started and am sad to be proven right again.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There are also private patrols.
Ranchers are hiring private security.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

There are also private patrols.
Ranchers are hiring private security.

Good way to get arrested.

They better stay on private property and not get in the way of the Border Patrol.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What's next...no wall?

There was never going to be a wall.

What can I say about anyone who actually believed that?

you talk like its come and gone.
I admit, I am skeptical on the wall, however.. he says it with conviction time and time again even after people have told him it wont happen.

so why dont you stop with the futuristic accusations and debate something of substance.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

What's next...no wall?

you talk like its come and gone.
I admit, I am skeptical on the wall, however.. he says it with conviction time and time again even after people have told him it wont happen.

so why dont you stop with the futuristic accusations and debate something of substance.

Go research the wall. Seriously research it.

Here's a map of what's been completed and what's still open.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Trump is destroying the GOP in order to save it. Unless they are crazy enough to go to Cruz in 4 years time after Clinton becomes President the Republican Party can begin a complete rebuild. While the rebuild is ongoing history will sail them by in terms of immigration reform and other issues. Coming back to Trump the guy doesn't have real interest in being President as the Republican Party's Convention and his poor campaign has shown.

Trump will go down in history as the guy who couldn't beat Hillary Clinton....

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
This isn’t exactly the kind of story the IRS wants buzzing around at tax time. The IRS and Justice Department normally want ‘scared straight’ stories just before Tax Day. Ideally, when an indictment or conviction for tax evasion hits the news, it makes you think twice. Somehow, you think just a bit more about all those deductions, or if you really reported all your income, before you sign your return under penalties of perjury.

Instead, we have the top dog at the IRS, the IRS Commissioner himself, admitting that, well, there’s a problem with illegal immigrants and taxes. In fact, the top IRS official this time wasn’t talking about how the IRS wipes some hard drives or can’t find emails. He wasn’t even asking for a bigger budget to give bonuses to IRS employees.

Do you have a more accurate source than blogs?

I'm rather old-fashioned, and prefer articles of the type that I linked, with good research and links to some well-sourced statistics. One expects Forbes, of course, to have quality articles but I discovered that in order to boost readership they allow many op-ed blogs and that they don't differentiate well between a blog and an article. It's quite a downturn from a time when most of the magazine was full of well documented reporting and only a few pieces were op-ed.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: Byrd

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump suggested Wednesday that he would allow exceptions to let some undocumented immigrants to stay in the US, vowing he wouldn't grant them citizenship but telling Fox News, "there's no amnesty, but we work with them."

For Trump, whose rise to the Republican nomination was based in large part on his hardline immigration policies, the comments are the clearest sign yet that he is reconsidering his pledge to deport all of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US, a key part of his campaign platform.
source

He also said, "...they'll pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them..." which is a rather confusing remark, IMHO... because a little fact-checking around shows that they do, indeed pay taxes. It's obvious that they pay state and local taxes when they buy things...but...

However, IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.[20] Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 70 percent and 80 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.[20] Illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.[27]

source: Wikipedia because it's convenient - links to others in article

They also pay social security even though they're not entitled to it.

So... if they've already paid their taxes, Mr. Trump, and have been for the full time they've been here... then what?

I wonder if someone's going to point these facts out to him.

(and from what I've heard, his sudden reversal here was unpopular with the audience. I read one source that said he was booed by his supporters.)

They pay sales tax that is all.

Sales tax averages around $1000 per person per year in the USA.

They don't sign up for selective service,

There is no draft. As far as enlisting..

Immigrants serving in the United States military has deep historical roots. Non-citizens have fought in and with the U. S. Armed forces since the Revolutionary War. According to One America, nationally, each year around 8,000 non-citizens enlist in the military.

www.thebalance.com...

or pay payroll taxes

Unauthorized Immigrants Paid $100 Billion Into Social Security Over Last Decade

Unauthorized workers are paying an estimated $13 billion a year in social security taxes and only getting around $1 billion back, according to a senior government statistician.

news.vice.com...
edit on 25-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What's next...no wall?

www.rawstory.com...

He is likely still serious about it. Obama was serious when he said he would end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I was at FOB Fenty in Afghanistan when he visited in 08 before election. He promised we would be out of Afghanistan. Fast forward 8 years later and not reality. Never materialized.

When Obama took office we had about 50,000 troops in Afghanistan, as of now we have 8,400.
We haven't been able to completely withdrawal, but it wouldn't be accurate to say he did nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What's next...no wall?

The same thing you can say about anyone that believes ANYTHING Trump says. Gullible.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

lets examine his most recent words..

"No citizenship. Let me go a step further — they'll pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them," Trump said in an interview that aired Wednesday night, setting off another round of head-scratching over where he stands.

So here he is trying to redefine amnesty and granting citizenship...
If they pay back-taxes and he gives them citizenship...that isn't amnesty to him
"they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such"
When he says "no citizenship" he means unless they pay back taxes.

"Now, everybody agrees we get the bad ones out. But when I go through and I meet thousands and thousands of people on this subject, and I've had very strong people come up to me, really great, great people come up to me, and they've said, 'Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person who's been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and their family out, it's so tough, Mr. Trump,' I have it all the time. It's a very, very hard thing,” he said.

the flop led to this comical irony

Flame-throwing conservative commentator Ann Coulter, who happens to be on tour promoting her new book "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!” laced into the Republican nominee.

"Well, if it's 'hard,' then nevermind," Coulter tweeted as part of a late-night tweetstorm going off on Trump’s openness to changing his past proposals on immigration.

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
Trump is destroying the GOP in order to save it.

I wish that was true...but having survived several recent presidential election cycles I don't believe that.

After the McCain and Romney losses there was loud discussions and apparent agreement that the GOP needed to become a big tent, do heavy minority out-reach, relax on social issues like gay marriage etc.

And from that soul-searching emerged the most bigoted and racist man to ever run for office?

It's like waiting for alcoholic or addict to hit "rock-bottom"...sometimes they do...but a lot of times they OD or die in a car crash.

I hope the GOP recovers credibility and integrity, but I see no indications that is going to happen anytime soon.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They've been handshaking for at least a decade.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What many of you see as flip flopping I see as learning to process and defining what he will do. I think talking to the people he has in his travels as well as GOP leadership has lead him to adjust his platform. To me, this is better than someone who simply says no this is the way it will be.

His stance has not changed on illegal immigration. He wants illegals out of the country. Especially criminal elements. If there is a family who has been here for 15 years and no criminal activity they should be given the chance to 'legally' apply for a residency status. The part that is tough is what to do with those people during what could be a lengthy court process.

The US is already deporting people. The US already is actively looking for people. He is stating that he wants to enforce the law and 'finish' the wall.

So, when he becomes more understanding and does not sound like 'Hitler' he still sucks huh? Well, just remember to vote for someone because if you do not you have no right to bitch about the winner.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

They've been handshaking for at least a decade.

Maybe a few, but in my experience Border Patrol do not want citizens interfering -- either way.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump suggested Wednesday that he would allow exceptions to let some undocumented immigrants to stay in the US, vowing he wouldn't grant them citizenship but telling Fox News, "there's no amnesty, but we work with them."

For Trump, whose rise to the Republican nomination was based in large part on his hardline immigration policies, the comments are the clearest sign yet that he is reconsidering his pledge to deport all of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US, a key part of his campaign platform.
source

He also said, "...they'll pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them..." which is a rather confusing remark, IMHO... because a little fact-checking around shows that they do, indeed pay taxes. It's obvious that they pay state and local taxes when they buy things...but...

However, IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.[20] Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 70 percent and 80 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.[20] Illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.[27]

source: Wikipedia because it's convenient - links to others in article

They also pay social security even though they're not entitled to it.

So... if they've already paid their taxes, Mr. Trump, and have been for the full time they've been here... then what?

I wonder if someone's going to point these facts out to him.

(and from what I've heard, his sudden reversal here was unpopular with the audience. I read one source that said he was booed by his supporters.)

They pay sales tax that is all. They don't sign up for selective service, serve jury duty or pay payroll taxes which are State and Federal yet receive the benefits of those taxes like 911, police protection and the fire dept.

Only cash under the table workers don't pay. Everyone working for a buisness pays taxes but never file for fear of deportation.

It is inefficient to boot people who are beneficial to society. It just makes sense to weed through them and keep the good ones.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Part of the article points out that illegals that use fake SSN's to get jobs are paying taxes. Again, that is fine but it is illegal. If you were to remove illegal immigrants you would simply fill the jobs with legal immigrants or citizens. It is an argument that deporting will decrease taxes as well as how it is unfair they do not get it back. It is illegal!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What many of you see as flip flopping I see as learning to process and defining what he will do. I think talking to the people he has in his travels as well as GOP leadership has lead him to adjust his platform. To me, this is better than someone who simply says no this is the way it will be.

But wasn't Trumps appeal because he rejected the status quo and establishment GOP. Do you honestly think minorities don't see this as blatant pandering manipulation for their votes?

I heard a quote that I think applies.....

"The Republicans pissed on us for decades and now they want us to dance in the rain." imo this also applies to the American working man and not just minorities.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I like how Trump is trying to re-define Amnesty.

Amnesty is an official pardon for an offence. Which is exactly what Trump said he would do...but he would make them pay back taxes...so somehow in his mind that isn't Amnesty.

It's entertaining watching him try to spin it to his supporters...and it's fun watching his supporters trying to figure out a way to accept this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join