It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suggests major shift on deportations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

His stance has not changed on illegal immigration. He wants illegals out of the country.

Except the ones already here. They can pay back taxes and stay. So...he wants them all "out of the country" except the ones already in the country....follow that pretzel?

Especially criminal elements.

That is already the case. If you are here unauthorized and break the law you get deported.
What is Trump going to do differently exactly?

If there is a family who has been here for 15 years and no criminal activity they should be given the chance to 'legally' apply for a residency status.

Hell...good to see the right wing is visiting liberal land when it comes to immigration during it's batsh*& crazy tour of adopting and then defending every position possible.

The US is already deporting people. The US already is actively looking for people. He is stating that he wants to enforce the law and 'finish' the wall.

You mean Pres. Obama?...Yes. After all this time the GOP's new position is that what Pres. Obama has been doing for 8 years is the correct way to approach illegal immigration?

So that leaves the wall...Trump's entire pitch and cornerstone of his platform...has unraveled into him admitting Pres. Obama is doing a good job on immigrations but he'd like to pitch an outrageously expensive and ineffective construction job?

Well, actually that makes sense in a Trumpian context.

edit on 25-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well at this point Trump has changed his position on this issue so many times in the last couple of days, sometimes in the same speech, that now seems to have everybody upset. If you are going to change your a position that is a corner stone of your campaign then you have to commit and do it. All this back and forth is just ticking more people off. I swear Trump manages to turn everything he does into a disaster.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

• He has switched parties 7 times for his own leverage. Most of those years he held liberal values. Even now he does not represent the values of the Republican Party.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Michigan instead got to deal with the effects of the trade deals. They remember who signed it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

NAFTA was negotiated by the Republican administration of George H.W. Bush.

He would have signed it but the signing was delayed by the Democratically controlled Congress, who wouldn't ratify without more protection for American labor in the deal. Bush was defeated in the election of 1992 before he could sign the treaty, which he would have signed, as is. Clinton did not want to sign the treaty without beefed up protection for American jobs. After he took office, and when that was in place, Clinton signed the treaty.

If jobs have been lost because of that treaty, it is only because the "corporate citizens" of the United States are not loyal to their fellow "human citizens".
edit on 26-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Here's a map of what's been completed and what's still open.

That's not what Trump is referring to when he's talking about a wall. He means an actual fortification, guard towers every X feet, large imposing concrete structure, deep in the ground to stop tunnels, motion detectors everywhere, and so on. Some of his supporters even want a double walled structure with land mines in the middle so you can't go over it.

What we have right now is closer to a fence in most places.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What I don't understand for those that support the wall is, would it not be much cheaper to actually enforce the law at the business level that hire them? It should not be just fines either because they tend to weigh if it is worth the cost of business then. There needs to be prison time for employers that hire illegal labor.

We have all heard the saying, "Don't feed the bears"
They will self deport if there is no means to survive here.

There are tunnels under walls from Palestine to Israel
There are even tunnels under the current walls exposed here in US

So we spend billions of dollars to build a 20 foot high wall and Jose and his buddies come along and dig a tunnel with 5 dollar shovels.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Annee
Here's a map of what's been completed and what's still open.

That's not what Trump is referring to when he's talking about a wall. He means an actual fortification, guard towers every X feet, large imposing concrete structure, deep in the ground to stop tunnels, motion detectors everywhere, and so on. Some of his supporters even want a double walled structure with land mines in the middle so you can't go over it.

What we have right now is closer to a fence in most places.

I know what Trump means.

It isn't going to happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think democrats forget that illegals don't pay income taxes because most democrats are poor and also don't pay income taxes.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jthome
I think democrats forget that illegals don't pay income taxes because most democrats are poor and also don't pay income taxes.

Please provide link to statistics on that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year.

www.debt.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Illegals do not pay taxes...unless they are using a fake SSN. Then, taxes are coming out and the business is also paying for that person as well as ACA compliance. Most jobs are cash. This takes away from the economy.

So, if you have a company that has 100 employees. Pay them each 500 a week. No taxes. 2.6 million per year in wages with no taxes. It is easy in many states that have this. Lets say one in each 50 states. 130 million. At a single accepted tax rate for all taxes around 25% that is 32 million in taxes that are not collected but those same illegals can apply for assistance from the federal government and get it. This is for 5000 illegal workers...that are claims that there are over 11 million undocumented workers in the US.

This is what needs to change.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Illegals do not pay taxes...unless they are using a fake SSN. Then, taxes are coming out and the business is also paying for that person as well as ACA compliance. Most jobs are cash. This takes away from the economy.

So, if you have a company that has 100 employees. Pay them each 500 a week. No taxes. 2.6 million per year in wages with no taxes. It is easy in many states that have this. Lets say one in each 50 states. 130 million. At a single accepted tax rate for all taxes around 25% that is 32 million in taxes that are not collected but those same illegals can apply for assistance from the federal government and get it. This is for 5000 illegal workers...that are claims that there are over 11 million undocumented workers in the US.

This is what needs to change.

So if an illegal has a fake SSN - - the taxes are being paid. Is that right?

Do you have current a source/link for this data?

I don't think there are that many cash jobs anymore.
edit on 26-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I agree, no way ,just more Bloviation.

STOP listening to CANDIDATES DURING ELECTIONS, ONLY examine what they have DONE and what those who work with them say.
NOT their opponents we already KNOW that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Not just Navajo,Seminole,Apache and a few others.
Arizona .New Mexico ,California.
The one I know of are the Shadow wolves,well thought of ...www.banderasnews.com...

All the best military talent is OUT of the service already,they only have NEW guys and OBUTTHEAD removed a great deal of the the combat forces with the budget cuts.

budget cuts?.......you do know that has to be voted on by congress right?....I guess years of listening to rush Limbaugh on Armed Forces Radio has had an influence on you...by the way, I think current military people might have something to say when you imply that they have "no talent"

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Taxes are collected if they use a fake SSN. It happens quite a bit. In the industry I work in I have seen people paying the same SSN to multiple employees. What they do when they file is their business but I see a lot of corruption and tax dodging and even making people exempt. The ACA requirements have made this tougher.

The issue is undocumented illegals who pay no taxes but they can file for federal assistance. So, they work under the table or with a fake SSN and then they still get assistance. More than they would pay in taxes so please do not present that argument.

This also puts citizens out of work and they get Federal Assistance.

I am all for helping but in a legal way. People need assistance or help sometimes. I have no issue with this at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
Congress yes, SJW ACTIVISM in office F##K yes. I think I am FULLY of the government thanks, HOPE you catch up.
Sure the new guys are trained just fine, THEY MAY be hampered by time wasted with their duties and SJW propaganda indoctrination however,but the KIDS haven't the PRACTICED skill to say ,take over the country against the VETS who own it.. A tiny FEW would even waste time thinking of that,most already KNOW and are on MY side anyway.
The system REGULARLY spits out their best lately.
All the pilots ,military all the former members of JSOC and YOURS trully live out here with me and WE are mostly very vicious nationalists who are MORE than tired of people's garbage, we are proven they are still proving.
edit on 26-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Taxes are collected if they use a fake SSN. It happens quite a bit. In the industry I work in I have seen people paying the same SSN to multiple employees. What they do when they file is their business but I see a lot of corruption and tax dodging and even making people exempt. The ACA requirements have made this tougher.

The issue is undocumented illegals who pay no taxes but they can file for federal assistance. So, they work under the table or with a fake SSN and then they still get assistance. More than they would pay in taxes so please do not present that argument.

This also puts citizens out of work and they get Federal Assistance.

I am all for helping but in a legal way. People need assistance or help sometimes. I have no issue with this at all.

But, still the taxes are paid. Right?

The argument is they aren't paying taxes. That they're robbing the USA of tax money. But, they are paying taxes. Just not under their own names.

Work under the table is not anywhere near as prevalent as it used to be.

My brothers are both in construction/contractor. They got visits on-site from Immigration officers.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Tell me how that actually works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join