It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About 9th Grade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I do have a crush. I am good friends with my crush. Very good friends. She does not know she is my crush. She shall never know. It requires a Q-level clearance to know that little fact. She mustn't know about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
You made it funny, but at the same time, a bit saddening.

Awwww. Like Gacy the Clown?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
So what you're saying is, in order to get rid of a colony of ants in your house, you call in a B-52 carpet bombing strike on your house?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So what you're saying is, in order to get rid of a colony of ants in your house, you call in a B-52 carpet bombing strike on your house?

I would nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'm trying to play King Diamond - Charon on my guitar. The very last riff used in the intro is the hardest part.

Pretty funny you mention King Diamond. Just got done with the Album "The EYE", and and you mentioned my 2nd favorite album from King Diamond "fatal Portrait"

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My dad wants me to get off the computer. Thanks for all of the help and advice! I do feel a bit better. I don't feel as nervous now that I've posted this thread and read all of the advice! I shall return tomorrow!

Over and out!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Dude.. she knows.

Or if she doesn't know, she suspects it.

A girl's intuition always clears her for access to all the top secret info in these matters

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Here's what you will probably like:
1. While you may only have 4 classes in a day, you will get a reasonable amount of time to get to the next class. I had 6 classes in high school, not counting 0 hour Jazz Band.

2. Having more control over your schedule. In my case, because I was good with music and programming, I was able to orient my elective classes in that direction.

3. The next three years will be more of the same, just different classes.

4. The people you begin with are often the ones you will be friends with after. I'm still friends (having been away from highschool since '09) with many people I grew up alongside.

5. Better dances - My middle school used to do dances every other week; highschool they put more effort into a few dances a year (and if you are lucky, you can get invited to Prom!).

6. Good grades will help with several things such as scholarships, grants, and groups like the National Honor's Society. If you do well in 9th grade, it'll help overall.

And, here's what you won't like:
1. More homework - High School is there to try and prep you for the world beyond (assuming you don't want to go to college). So for most classes, expect more homework and outside work.

2. Longer class periods. For me, history was the worst because I didn't find it interesting. Having jazz band, concert band, and orchestra in my mix helped me to stay focused in the other classes.

3. Some friendships and relationships will die off - People will change, some for better or worse.

4. It's now a competition (for some). Unlike middle school, where your grades determined if you made it to the next level, in high school, these grades count towards your graduation. So, if you're like me and get C's in all subjects except Literature, Band, and Programming, then don't be surprised if you graduate in the middle of the class.

Overall, don't be nervous! Be yourself, and don't try to pretend to be someone else.
-foss

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Read a few of your posts on this thread. Maybe your humor was meant to lighten his concern. If so I think it was a fail.

From someone who had to change schools too many times this can be traumatic and he needs encouragement.

Wish I could say more OP other than you will fit in once you find your place. Give it some time and my best wishes are with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Best advice that I (personally) can give:

1) Don't worry . . . ever, about anything. All that worry is, is torturing yourself about the things in which you have absolutely no control over. It only causes stress.

2) Have fun. Enjoy yourself and then it doesn't matter what others do, say, or even think about you.

3) Enjoy high-school - one day you will long for the days with extra homework and that you got to sleep in until 6am.

4) Be a kid. This is the only time in your life in our current society when you can freely flirt with other girls and/or boys and not get into trouble (well serious trouble) for it from the PC police etc...

To sum up: Be a kid and don't worry what others think . . . be yourself and have fun!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah...we all were at 1st. I think I didnt dress for gym class for a couple months either in the beginning. Youll be fine...

MS

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I had to change schools mid 9th grade from Miami-people drugged and arrested everyday-to podunkville south of Atlanta. Horrible. Hated high school-never fit in and looked down upon them-their idea of fun was to tip cows and show their butts.

Everyday before school I went to my happy place. Pure agony-straight a's like u-what the hell was i doing there?

Made a few friends so I didn't sit alone at lunch. Won a few awards so at least people knew my name-it was awful.

I suggest you spend your time and efforts on your hobbies and make acquaintances outside school-it may help to get you at least some recognition.

Forget about the different groups like the jocks-intellectuals-bullies-losers. Just be yourself-you don't need any of that stuff. Just survive gym and the wierdos (no eye contact). Always keep your shoulder and backbone up straight-start every mornins with a "just get thru the day." They will be quite interested in you-make them work for it. act cool-you don't need them.

Once you pass all that fear stage-they'll come to you. Always be true to yourself-never show fear-never report others and be a snitch-keep your distance from big shots and troublemakers. The low lifes will kill your reputation-and always be mysterious-make good grades.

Best wishes-I hated high school-it was such a waste for me. Try to befriend a couple guys you can trust/and do search for a special girl and approach her-she can make all the difference in surviving horrid high school. Trust no one. Survive-that's your only goal-the rest doesn't matter. Four years of hell and stupidity(teachers) then you're free.

That's all you want is freedom from this governmental jail cell.

And that's the truth-no joking around-and ignore any advice from parents-they have no idea about high school today-but be polite (always.)
edit on 24-8-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You'll do fine. Just ignore the jerks and do your own thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
An interesting story dude. Very compelling, however I do believe its missing any kind of plot, and for a 14 or so year old your very eloquent. As such! I am quite sure high school and 9th grade will be a breeze, it would be just like 8th grade only ad a 1 to it to make 9. Or if you want you can just think as 9th grade as 8th grade because it would not be all that much different, or it depends on which school you go.

If your like me, or go to certain schools then, I would say you probably would only have to smash a few kids noses in before things settle down, oh and watch out for weapons, some can be pretty inconspicuous, oh and generally the first day you will get in one fight at least, remember watch out for his buddies they always come from the back and blindside.

However just by the first sentence in your post that says all you would have to worry about is forgetting to tie your shoe and tripping over your own feet as you get on the bus. So no biggie, no issues. Easy peasy right?

OR if you insist, here is some motivation music for you. Ya! Like totally don't be afraid of change dude.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing about high school, it would be that none of it matters.

While you're there, start a band, try to learn how to talk to girls, ignore anyone who tries to get a reaction from you and remember that it will all be over in few short years, once it's over you will probably never see anyone from high school again.

Have fun, it's not as bad TV makes it out to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Read a few of your posts on this thread. Maybe your humor was meant to lighten his concern. If so I think it was a fail.

The kid gets my sense of humor, we have spoken via PM before. Lighten up Francis.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
OP i'm sure you will be fine.

You might get the odd nickname.

I didn't fear high school or get bullied but did get a few crap nickname's over a few years,, can't please everyone and visa versa,, stay true to yourself and you'll be fine.

A bit of advice,, if You have a crush on your friend, you will have to tell her how you feel, before she finds a boyfriend.

Good luck dude.
edit on 24-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29
I've had some good nicknames in middle school. From 6-7 grade, I was in a private school. My nickname was Steve the Printer (due to my interest in printers), and another nickname was "A", due to my last name. I had locker number 1 in 6th grade, all because of my last name, as it starts with an A. I quit private school because it was filled with a bunch of religious buffoons and fake friends, along with bad teaching, so I moved to public school in 8th grade. My nickname in my current school is Einstein.

edit on 24-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29
Funny you mentioned that. She has a boyfriend, and I'm very good friends with him. I have 3 crushes. Neither of which I'll associate with. They're addicted to social media in my opinion. I don't do social media.

Social media is like drugs. You hardly get any free time. It consumes 90% of your life. And, it ruins your life. Being worried about your posts, blah blah blah. Useless crap that won't matter later in your adult life.

edit on 24-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You're all getting stars for your AWESOME posts, by the way. I do feel better. In about 20 hours I'll be in high school. That makes me nervous. I have to go to school in 15 minutes to see what the classes will look like, and to meet the teachers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join