It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About 9th Grade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
a reply to: TNMockingbird
K-5 is elementary, 6-8 is middle, and 9-12 is high school. In my school, the middle school is on the top floor, the high school is on the first floor. We share the same cafeteria, but have different gymnasiums. High school students are not allowed on the top floor

Well, that's good and bad in my opinion as you've not been able to socialize with them have you?
This may sound silly but, remember that none of the other freshmen know what to expect or how to find their classes either.

It's a new routine and you seem very bright so I have a belief that you will master it and be okay.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

How about Antietam?

Yes. Exactly.

High School is just like the Battle of Antietam. Violent, bloody, loud, confusing with a high risk of PTSD.

Look at DBCowboy, he never recovered.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

You'll do better than me, I'm sure.

I never even made it to 9th grade!

Stay in skool!

edit on 23-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I shall return!

Unless you got to high school after dinner, then you may never return. We would have to send out search parties or activate your implanted Masonic RFID tracking chip.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I shall return!

Unless you got to high school after dinner, then you may never return. We would have to send out search parties or activate your implanted Masonic RFID tracking chip.

Is that the chips you release in those chemtrails?

I can tell its Masonic chemtrails. They make up a pentagram in the sky (but only if you squint extra hard).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I actually found high school to be a vast improvement over middle school.

For one thing, high school actually starts to give you more freedom to branch out further into your particular areas of interest rather than being trained back into the same classes everyone else takes.

I was also tracked into the advanced group of kids, so a lot of my classes were with the same core of other kids. You got familiar with them if not friends.

Don't worry so much about making friends, just worry about doing your best to get along and be pleasant. That way, friends will come when you find others with your own interests.

Oh, and try everything that interests you out: debate, scholar's bowl, science competitions, etc. Whatever it is, if it's vaguely interesting, give it a shot and be involved. That's another way to meet others who might end up being friends. The more involved you are, the more important you make yourself, the less likely others are to pick on you. That was another lesson I learned.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just wait until you have to file taxes!

It is a new experience that is all. It seems like a big deal but when you graduate you will be onto another "skerry" situation. And then after that... another one. Change is the one constant of life!

You play guitar. Enough said. You'll be fine. Focus that fear into learning more songs! Even if they are dorky songs learn something about them that you did not notice before like a strange chord or how things resolve themselves. That is your first step to being a musician. And I wish I could go back in time... I would win state! Then go pro! I bet you I can throw this football over that hill! Wait, no... uh, oh yeah! ...and learn how to read music WAY better than I do now. Here is your chance.

Remember to find something to focus on. Music is good. All the kids will be doing the same so you have that to worry about! It seems scary but when you are done you will wonder why was I so scared. When you can laugh at that then you are old and need to start listening to Bruce Springsteen (that is how they spell it my timeline) and filling out AARP cards!

link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
There's a difference between regular school, and ghetto school, Augustus. Ghetto school is like Vietnam (years 1965-1968, that's when it was really bad). Regular school can be compared to Panama (1989-1990).

No, no it's not and no it can't.

You're not going to see your friends get their legs blown off in an American high school, your not going to have to patrol 10km back to your pb covered in friends blood and brains just to go back out again tomorrow wondering if it will be your turn to be painted all over your buddies flacks and faces.

It's high school, it's not the end of the world, it's not even the beginning of the world. show up and learn something useful and stop being a whinny punk.
edit on 23-8-2016 by watchitburn because: fixed

link   

Why are you worried? You seem pretty on the ball.

Just walk around like you're unimpressed with everything, even the girls--the chicks will dig ya for that.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Look at H.S. this way. Think about it...every one of us...EVERY ONE...has gone thru H.S. ALL of us. The exception may be only home-schoolers or drop outs (choices are choices and I pass no negatives on those who dropped out)...but all of us made it through. We are all still here!

Its a pretty cool time in your life comin' up. New friends...more friends...new stuff, ideas, things to learn about and grow from. Find a new friend, mentor or teacher to talk with when you get in. That will help a lot.

Dont be afraid...for the most part? A lot of us wish we COULD go back to 9th grade again! I started a rock and roll band with guys in school I met that played dances, became an art assistant in art class (for all 4 years-LOVED IT)...got into plays, chorus and and a lot of other groups and activities...science club etc....

You'll be FINE! Let us all know after your 1st couple weeks. I'll bet you'll be feeling a whole lot better...and real different about what you THOUGHT it would be...and what it really turned out to be!

In fact...I wish I could go back with ya!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

every one of us...EVERY ONE...has gone thru H.S. ALL of us. The exception may be only home-schoolers or drop outs

No, there are other exceptions

OP, I really wish I had gone. I often think of how different (and better) my life could be because as stated above, MOST people go through this rite of passage into adulthood.

Just breathe, relax, and enjoy it for all its worth. You only get one chance at it, but you won't get much out of it if you walk in thinking you're in a wa rzone.

Look at it as an opportunity to grow into yo badazz self !

edit on 23-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
This certainly has gotten very deep. Deep in the boonies...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This certainly has gotten very deep. Deep in the boonies...

This is a conspiracy site kid, we're all out in the weeds here.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
"Like I'm unimpressed". How do I do that? Make disgusted faces, and act a goof? Nope. And besides, academics first. Ladies will come a decade from now, when I have a career.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Doesn't seem bad now. Huh. I'm mainly worried about gym class and kids in general.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm mainly worried about gym class and kids in general.

What worries you about gym class? Is it the physical aspect of the class or getting shoved in a locker?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I'm worried about getting made fun of. I always get made fun of because I SUCK AT SPORTS!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
We're in the same boat basically, or as I like to put it, in the same aircraft.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh crap, I forgot to show you guys my spotting pictures from yesterday! I'll have to upload them tomorrow. I saw a whole bunch of heavies yesterday. I saw 2 A330-300s, 5 A330-200s, 1 777-200, 1 787-8 (no picture), 2 757-200s, and multiple A319s/A320s/A321s and EMB-170s/-190s, along with 1 ERJ-145 and 2 Dash 8 Q200s.

Countless CRJ-200s
edit on 23-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: Hurr Durr.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

...I SUCK AT SPORTS!!!

Not possible to suck at everything.

How about track? Or golf? Or bocce ball?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join