It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Google Maps Replaced Palestine With Israel - West Bank And Gaza Strip Gone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Pearj

It is not the ME because for it to be that it would have to have been there the whole time which Google says it never was.

I don't think it's up to you.

Also, I think your understanding of the Mandela Effect is way off (possibly backwards)..

It's because Google says it never was, yet three hundred thousand say it was, that makes it a ME.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They can't remove what was never there. Sounds like someone using it as an excuse to rile up Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
And this is ME because companies and corporations would never, ever lie or admit they were wrong about something..........

Right?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Where is the evidence they ever labeled it Palestine?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Where is the evidence they ever labeled it Palestine?

Showing an example of work using Google data would prove it wrong - just a change. Avoid that test.

Good theory this ME, like god, unprovable but accepted.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What this topic is about

Many say the Mandela Effect isn't real because it:

1. Only affects the US.

2. Only affects insignificant things.

3. Only affects a small group of people.

4. Only relates to misremembering.

The OP is in contrast:

1. We know it also affects AU. Now we also are starting to see evidence from other locations. The Mandela Effect is not isolated to English speaking locations.

2. A cited example of 280,000 people and a large corporation knowing a label existed. This qualifies as a Mandela Effect. I think the number affected will continue to grow as awareness grows and changes occur, leading to a day when we're all aware.

3. The Israel / Palestinian struggle is not insignificant, nor are the other iconic things affected by the Mandela Effect.

4. This example and many others involve a large group of people knowing something was there. The whole group has the same specific detailed knowledge. This is the same type of knowledge involved with knowing how to get to work each day, without having to look at a map.

What this topic is NOT about

1. Locations, borders, genocide, Google religious conspiracies.

2. A stance on either side of a claim of a region's ownership.

3. What it takes to qualify as a Mandela Effect.

4. The cause of the Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

2. A cited example of 280,000 people and a large corporation knowing a label existed. This qualifies as a Mandela Effect. I think the number affected will continue to grow as awareness grows and changes occur, leading to a day when we're all aware.

There was never any such label. 280k people and a corporation have never said there was.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Araatt was a EGYPTIAN who according to his own words..Magically became palestinian overnight.

UH OH mandela effect changing a persons ETHNICITY over night!!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Palestine is not a country it is an area.

Depends on who you ask(if it's a country)

en.wikipedia.org...

The State of Palestine(Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn), also known simply as Palestine, is a de jure sovereign state[15][16] in the Middle East that is recognized by 136 UN members and since 2012 has a status of a non-member observer state in the United Nations

A OBSERVER state is NOT A STATE. It misses one of the 8 criteria to becoming a Actual state. A unanimous decision by the permanent members of the UN. And also the west bank and gaza strip are of Egypt and Jordan. they should be re integrated into those countries

Don't make stuff up. Did you not read the post you qouted?

The State of Palestine(Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn), also known simply as Palestine, is a de jure sovereign state

Regarding your "observer state" fabrication,

In addition to its 193 member states, the United Nations General Assembly may grant observer status to an international organization, entity or non-member state,

en.wikipedia.org...

It refers to the type of UN membership.
edit on 22-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/23/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/23/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And this is ME because companies and corporations would never, ever lie or admit they were wrong about something.......... Right?

So according to you, Google is lying, and in fact the label used to be there. Then why are there YT vids for instance, posted years ago, complaining about how Palestine is not on Google Maps.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
They can't remove what was never there. Sounds like someone using it as an excuse to rile up Palestinians.

That is weird. People have been complaining for years about how Palestine is not on Google Maps, so you would think that Palestinians have been aware of this for years. Why didn't they sign a petition before? Why do they suddenly think that it used to be there but that it was removed recently?

It doesn't make sense.

If they wanted to rile up Palestinininas they could have just said that Palestine is not featured on Google Maps. Why make up the story that it was removed?

So, recap,

The label was never there. People have been complaining about this since at least 2010. All of a sudden, the people that should have been aware that the label was not there all this time, seem to think that it actually was there, but that it was removed.

Does "faulty memory" explain this one?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It is not the ME because for it to be that it would have to have been there the whole time which Google says it never was.

And how does that not fit the ME theory? People are sure that something existed and now it turns out it never was like that. I already told you this before, you don't have a clue what this is about and should refrain from commenting because you never ever get it right.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That is weird. People have been complaining for years about how Palestine is not on Google Maps, so you would think that Palestinians have been aware of this for years. Why didn't they sign a petition before?

They did, the petition was created 6 months ago: LINK

Then two weeks ago a Gaza journalism group stated online that the name Palestine had been removed, simply to aggravate people and to make the petition known.... the petition had been ignored until then. Check my previous post for more details.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Is this the same petition the NY times article is refering to?

An online petition from March condemning Google (and insinuating its “two Jewish founders” removed the word “Palestine” because of their alleged ties to Israel) had collected more than 280,000 signatures by Wednesday, more than 180,000 of those since the day before. Angry tweets were sent and there were calls to boycott the company.

The petition you linked does not say the label was removed, the petition they are refering to, did say or implied that, according to them.
edit on 22-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Is this the same petition the NY times article is refering to?

An online petition from March condemning Google (and insinuating its “two Jewish founders” removed the word “Palestine” because of their alleged ties to Israel) had collected more than 280,000 signatures by Wednesday, more than 180,000 of those since the day before. Angry tweets were sent and there were calls to boycott the company.

The petition you linked does not say the label was removed, the petition they are refering to, did say or implied that, according to them.

Go check, it is the same petition, there was only ever one petition created in March. Then in August the Gaza group released a statement on their website saying the name Palestine was there and had been deleted (it's all in then OP linnk). It was all a marketing ploy, nothing else.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: ChesterJohn

Palestine is not a country it is an area.

Depends on who you ask(if it's a country)

en.wikipedia.org...

The State of Palestine (Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn), also known simply as Palestine, is a de jure sovereign state[15][16] in the Middle East that is recognized by 136 UN members and since 2012 has a status of a non-member observer state in the United Nations

A OBSERVER state is NOT A STATE. It misses one of the 8 criteria to becoming a Actual state. A unanimous decision by the permanent members of the UN. And also the west bank and gaza strip are of Egypt and Jordan. they should be re integrated into those countries

Don't make stuff up. Did you not read the post you qouted?

The State of Palestine (Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn), also known simply as Palestine, is a de jure sovereign state

Regarding your "observer state" fabrication,

In addition to its 193 member states, the United Nations General Assembly may grant observer status to an international organization, entity or non-member state,

en.wikipedia.org...

It refers to the type of UN membership.

Despite the super-majority of United Nations members approving United Nations General Assembly resolution 67/19 on November 29, 2012, giving Palestine non-member state observer status, Palestine is not yet eligible to join the United Nations as an independent country.

While dozens of countries recognize Palestine as independent, it has not yet attained full independent status, despite the UN resolution. If the UN resolution had allowed Palestine to join the United Nations as a full member state, it would have immediately been recognized as an independent country.

Thus, Palestine (nor the Gaza Strip nor the West Bank) is not yet an independent country. The two parts of "Palestine" are entities that, in the eyes of the international community, have yet to obtain full have international recognition.

READ IT AND WEEP!! Its not a country/state yet. And besides All those who approve of it are hostile to the US and see it as a way to strike back at them.
edit on Tue Aug 23 2016 by Jbird because: fixed bb code

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
its not the mandela effect its just a gradual process of giving Israel the land of the Palestinians, the Zionists are taking all the land bit by bit so nobody notices as much, i was recently looking at how those lands have changed over the last 50 years, and it is clear to see what is happening. i cant find the site i was looking at but in did find this very interesting its along the same lines as the bernstein bear thing yous talk about (i dont know of this bear btw) but apparently Palestein is now called Palestine.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

How do you know they fabricated it, aren't you assuming?

---

ETA - Why is everything in italics? lol
edit on 23-8-2016 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
ETA - Why is everything in italics? lol

Maybe it's the Itallic Effect?
edit on 2382016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

That's a very good question!

I'll alert admin and the site owner SkepticOverlord about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join