It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Priory of Sion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've done a search for this and nothings come up, so if this has already been covered, please forgive me.

My brother, who has recently been reading the DaVinci code has enlighted me on the subject of the Priory of Sion. Although I know the DaVinci code is a work of fiction (I've not had the time to read it yet [pure maths exam tomorrow AHHHH!], but its a priority of mine), this group is aparently real. With Isac Newton and Leadardo DaVinci aledged members, the Priory of Sion is a society who are meant to be the real guardians of the holy grail. They are also aparently the founders of the Knights of the templar.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into the Priory of Sion and their knowledge of the Holy Grail?

The book also went on to say that the holy grial was not infact a chalice that jesus drank from at the last supper, but was infact Mary Magdalen. Why is this? In DaVinci's painting of the last supper, there is no challice.
www.etceteraweb.com...

I'm not sure what implactions this has, did DaVinci know what the holy grail was, and did painted this picture, without a chalice, because he knew of the holy grail? Notice that Jesus & Mary's bodys form some kind of M.. whats up with that?

Thanks for reading!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You made a good observation , however the painting also contains several Masonic gestures.. just a lil info.
The painting is far more important than Most People Know

[edit on 20-1-2005 by York Rite91]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you look to the bible, their is a part where Jesus is with his disciples and says, "This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant, which will be shed for you and for all for the forgiveness of sins", Do this in memory of me......Something like that, I'm not the type that can quote word for word.

The bible is a more accurate view of what happened at the last supper, than a popular painting.

The cup that Jesus drank from is not what is important. The wine becomes the blood of Christ during the consecration. It is the blood of Christ, and body of Christ, in the form of bread and wine..that is important.

"Unless you eat my flesh, and drink my blood, you will have no life within you"....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
I've done a search for this and nothings come up, so if this has already been covered, please forgive me.

My brother, who has recently been reading the DaVinci code has enlighted me on the subject of the Priory of Sion. Although I know the DaVinci code is a work of fiction (I've not had the time to read it yet [pure maths exam tomorrow AHHHH!], but its a priority of mine), this group is aparently real

This is based on a single document that was found under questionable circumstances in a archive, or at least was deposited under questionable circumstances. And the document is a 'whos who' list of super famous figures from history. Hardly demonstrates that the Priory is real.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's some links on the Priory of Sion in the DaVinci Code, based on Holy Blood, Holy Grail and The Messianic Legacy...

www.alpheus.org...
priory-of-sion.com...
sociologyesoscience.com...

It's pretty much a hoax.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article, linked from C2C.

Does the Priory of Sion really exist?

It's true that a real organisation called the Priory of Sion, comprised of real people, once existed. But, sadly, as diehard Fringe-o-philes will already know, twenty years after the release of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, the "explosively controversial international bestseller" which first brought the enigma of the Priory of Sion to the English speaking world, exhaustive research has demonstrated that there is actually no solid historical evidence for the on-going existence of this society prior to 1956, when the group was legally registered in France as more of a prank than anything else.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Read The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, and Bloodline of the Holy Grail if you want to know more. The latter really goes into symbolism in renaissance paintings. Draw your own conclusions. Something happened at Rennes le Chateau, but what?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Messianic Legacy is another book that expands on the story.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
The Messianic Legacy is another book that expands on the story.

I haven't read that one - is it good?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It is the sequel to The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, by Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln. It asks lots of questions, and proposes answers, but alas, they are just conjecture, no smoking gun as it were. Good sleuthing, with behind the scene manipulation becoming more obvious. They are being led around with timely clues and hints.
Any books on Rennes Les Chateaux or Roslyn Chapel are worth checking out, as are books on the Templars, the Sinclairs, and Oak Islands treasure pit.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
It is the sequel to The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, by Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln. It asks lots of questions, and proposes answers, but alas, they are just conjecture, no smoking gun as it were. Good sleuthing, with behind the scene manipulation becoming more obvious. They are being led around with timely clues and hints.
Any books on Rennes Les Chateaux or Roslyn Chapel are worth checking out, as are books on the Templars, the Sinclairs, and Oak Islands treasure pit.

Funny thing is, the third book in that serious "The Temple and the Lodge" by Baigent & Leigh (Lincoln was MIA) is almost an apology for the first two books.

Good reading, but as you say, a lot of conjecture.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm not sure what implactions this has, did DaVinci know what the holy grail was, and did painted this picture, without a chalice, because he knew of the holy grail? Notice that Jesus & Mary's bodys form some kind of M.. whats up with that?

I think the most interesting part about Mary Magdelene, is that she was a gnostic christian.

Gnostic christians were basically wiped out by Pauline christians (aka mainline christians), way back in the day. This leads me to no surprise as to why they would get rid of any information with Mary and her influence. I could go on and on about this, but thats about the best way I can summarize that in a dumb sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I looked into Rennes les Chateau somewhat and found some interesting things...

Poussin's version of The Last Supper for example, has only 11 people in it, is painted in darkness and looks very gloomy, and the missing person is where Mary Magdalene or John - depending on who you believe - is placed at in Leonardo's Last Supper.

Also check out the Paris meridian info. and what Mitterand had built in Paris - the Louvre pyramid for example had or still has Poussin's four seasons paintings situated specificly inside.

The 'M' shape made in Leonardo's Last Supper, I read that first at Ramon K. Justino's site, there is also an M pattern in the Church of mary Magdalene that Sauniere had built - if you take the first letters of each staute of a saint's name, it spells out GRAAL and makes an M pattern over the floor. That I saw in a website rennes-le-chateau.com, might be online still, they had a picture of it up.

Then there's the "et in arcadia ego" line -

Akkadian,

Acadians ( Louisianan, and Canadian connection ),

the missing R ?

( the Bergers painting of Poussin's, with the R being pointed to ).

R = 18

3 x 6 = 18

6 x 6 x 6 = 216 ( anyone seen the movie PI ? )

magic square of the Sun totals to 666,

each line totals to 111 then,

by the same A =1 - Z = 26 method of assigning numerical values to the English alphabet,

computer,

icosahedron,

and

illusion,

all total 111 each.

Water!

Consider how a CRT (cathode ray tube) works, imagine a cube of them ( ie - emitting EM and light on six sides outwards ) - a TV cube - that is like a technological version of the Sun and how it functions,

so this links back to that stargate thread I posted in at the 'spacetravel' board here, and that other post in the 'secret societies' board about the "Lucifer Experiment" binary version of the Flower of Life.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Forgot one,

in the Holy Blood, Holy Grail book, there is mention of a split that occured between the Priory and it's less administrative branch, by that time, the Templars - some dispute about cutting down an Elm tree in 1188 -

sounds like it is connected to the JFK assassination, which took place on Elm Street.

For anyone who is watching their 23 synchronicities - there is also mention of Pope John XXIII trying to get the RC Church to recognise the Passion ( in the Garden ) as enough bloodshed - meaning that the crucifixion was not necessary.

The decision to cut the tree seems to have led to the latter version of the Templars being chased out or destroyed. Not clear as to if there were any in-keeping with the original 9 Knight's plan by that time.

You may also be interested to hear that if you take the usual reprsentation of the Tree of Life ( Kabballah ) and trace the paths that connect the 'female' sephiroths together, and trace the paths that connect the 'male' sephiroths together, you get symbols that look very much the same as the Meru Foundation shadowgrams of the Hebrew alphabet, Lamed and Aleph, respectively.
The shadowgrams are made by hand symbols casting a shadow.

If you're into viewing things in such a manner, that can be seen as representing a split in the most basic of wholeness - at the atomic level, or, between the brain hemispheres. Abstraction and Precision blown apart from one another.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Actually dude, the Priory has been discussed here on ATS before and has been thouroughly debunked.

Here's a couple of links that might interest you.

priory-of-sion.com...

en.wikipedia.org...:Gwimpey/Rennes-le-Ch%E2teau

www.iit.edu...

nypress.com...

priory-of-sion.com...

You can find much more about the hoax if you search using Google.

The very fact that the Priory of Sion was a hoax means that books like the "DaVinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (which the former was based on) are nothing but fiction and should be taken as such.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The very fact that the Priory of Sion was a hoax means that books like the "DaVinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (which the former was based on) are nothing but fiction and should be taken as such.

Unfortunately yes, but how much of it is fiction? The books does propose a lot of intereesting things! And we also 'know' that the Church is hiding some documents..

The Da Vinci code also speaks of a 'hidden' knife in the picture of Leonardo, can anyone see where it should be?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The knife isn't really hidden.

The Last Supper

From the left three people over see the guy holding up his hands in front of him. Look just below his left hand (the one furthest to the right) You'll see the guy leaning in the back has a knife in his hand and his other hand it at the throat of Mary.

Phae

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Check this link, it explains a great deal...

www.fiu.edu...

And if you still beleive it's all a hoax you should really give the preists who work there today a call to tell them that they don't exist, I'm sure they'll be amused...

www.catholicanswer.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
Check this link, it explains a great deal...

www.fiu.edu...

And if you still beleive it's all a hoax you should really give the preists who work there today a call to tell them that they don't exist, I'm sure they'll be amused...

The Priory of Sion discussed in HBHG and Davinci Code is a hoax. There may be other societies which call themselves by the same name but they aren't related. It's a documented fact that Plantard's Priory didn't begin until the 1950s. He was a fraud. Even the anonymous link makes that claim.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh they exist allright,

odd that anything as unintelligent is going on here, damn and I thought I'd found liar-free forums, seems these ones are infiltrated too........to use a popular word for now.

Dude, just because a few people debunk and discuss a thing, means nothing at all in any way whatsoever.

It's real.

( Mod edit to remove swearing in post title You will not use profanity in our forums , please do not try to get around the censors)

[edit on 2-2-2005 by pantha]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join