It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Priory of Sion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What?!?!??! Where is your proof........where is your first hand account of viable suspicion................I think they exist but have the good sense to realize a myriad of different factors before running my mouth..............by the way, check this out:www.ordotempli.org...

I've no idea of the source or any credibility. I'm not going to try either. That's your job. If you want to start a thread, start here and come up with a compelling arguement...........otherwise you have no right to insult this crowd.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
Dude, just because a few people debunk and discuss a thing, means nothing at all in any way whatsoever.
It's real.

Prove it.
All logical evidence points to the Priory of Sion that is under discussion here, as being the creation of a fraudster named Pierre de Plantard.
There is not one single piece of documented evidence surrounding the Priory that can't be proven to be a hoax.

Everything regarding this society comes from Pierre de Plantard. Now what is anyone going to believe? Logic? Or the unproven word of a man who was jailed for fraud? A man who has absolutely no background in religious organisations other than that he was a proven anti-semite? A man who was also jailed for creating unregistered socieites? A man who did nothing but offer innuendo when questioned and could offer absolutely nothing of substance? Please. Get real.

I honestly couldn't care less about the motives of such a group if it did or didn't exist. But that is neither here nor there. The argument is over wether the group existed in the way that HBHG or the DaVinci Code stated that it did. It blatantly didn't.
You're welcome to believe in fairy stories if you so desire. But don't push your argument on others unless you can offer one single piece of evidence that can't be dismissed out of hand without the merest piece of research.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I didn't start this thread, it's not my job to prove anything.

You prove it, you think it's not real - you hope it isn't because you know it is, and you know fine well that - under any name, regardless of who announces it or how they choose to do that - all that stuff is all real.

( I didn't realise there was no swearing allowed here, that's sad. As sad as having points to join up other forums, which are meant to be elite - and you have to pay...........there's your answer, that's where and how all false secret societies begin, those kinds of clubs and get-to's. )

The real ones are the ones that are just what they are, always have been, always will be. You cannot join them.

In any case, I did have a gander at it - as I explained already, there's plenty of leads in what I wrote, if you do bother follwing any of them up you'll be busy for a long long time. If you want it explained and a book written - again - in depth, then you'll have to write it yourself cause I'm not going to.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You prove it, you think it's not real - you hope it isn't because you know it is, and you know fine well that - under any name, regardless of who announces it or how they choose to do that - all that stuff is all real.

Actually, with a conspiracy theory, it's normally the person who promotes it who is required to give the burden of proof. Otherwise it's just a fairy story and not a conspiracy.
As for my proving it. Take a look at the links that I've provided. Most point to documented fact. Now sure, you can argue with reality if you like - but that's only promoting a fairy story.

"Plenty of leads" in what you wrote? Nope. You've put forward a theory but have provided absolutely no evidence to back it up. You've based an unproven theory upon an unproven theory.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It seems as though those who want to discredit the whole concept of the 'Priory of Sion' want to define it purely in terms of that which is a hoax...

OK then have it your way, we who beleive are discussing the Priory of Sion that exists, not the one that is a hoax...

I hope that clears things up for you...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I didn't start this thread, it's not my job to prove anything.

( I didn't realise there was no swearing allowed here, that's sad. As sad as having points to join up other forums, which are meant to be elite - and you have to pay...........there's your answer, that's where and how all false secret societies begin, those kinds of clubs and get-to's. )

Well I guess we are going to have to change our slogan from "Deny Ignorance" to "Deny Arrogance". Oh wait, we'll change the whole site just to accomodate you, I don't think 30,000 plus members will mind.

I guess I should have seen it coming when I tried to help a newbie, that's you, and get slammed by said newbie for interfering and all I was doing was trying to help a new member integrate. Attitude, my friend, don't assume the worst of people, if so, you'll probably get it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
IOK then have it your way, we who beleive are discussing the Priory of Sion that exists, not the one that is a hoax...

The one that you are discussing is the one in Holy Blood, Holy Grail which is the basis for the Priory in the DaVinci Code and is the hoax society. I've read both books many times - there is no argument that they aren't based on anything but Pierre de Plantard's organisation.

So just which Priory of Sion that "exists" are you discussing?

At the risk of repeating myself, here is yet more material on the hoax.

priory-of-sion.com...

www.staffordshire.gov.uk...

www.black-cat.fsbusiness.co.uk...

www.sheepworks.com...

www.templar-lore.com...

There was once a real "Priory of Sion," a monastic order which may have links with the Knights Templar- but the historical record is extraordinarily vague, and there is no evidence of their survival beyonth the thirteenth century. The order discussed in HBHG and the DaVinci Code was a modern creation.

The massive irony in all this? Even freemasonrywatch.com debunks it!!! This is the site that never gets anything right but even they agree that it's a forgery!!!

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Oh, the agony of linking to that site.
I could go on and on providing links. They may differ in minor detail but they all agree on one thing - hoax

www.factoftheday.com...

answers.org...

www.spu.edu...

www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com...

There is also one major, massive, jawbreaking flaw of logic in all of this theory about the Priory of Sion.
Let's even suppose for one moment that the Priory exists - the story is that Jesus didn't die on the cross, somehow escaped to start a family with Mary Magdalene and the Priory of Sion is safeguarding the bloodline. For the story to be true - Jesus would have only been a man. He wouldn't have been the son of God!!! His descendants therefore wouldn't have been worth protecting!!! It wouldn't be worth the Priory placing them upon the throne if he was a nobody!!! And let's not even go into the authenticity of the Bible and historical evidence that doesn't even prove he existed!!! It's "if" based upon "if" based upon "if" ad finitum.

The whole scenario is so flawed from beginning to end. Add to that, the fact that not one person here has supplied anything that proves the Priory story to be true and you really are on dodgy ground. The books that spawned from Plantard's hoax are fiction. Enjoy them for that. Even the writers of HBHG have admitted that they might have been taken in by Plantard and that the whole theory about Jesus marrying Mary Magdalene and having a child by her isn't the most realistic interpretation of the "evidence" in the book. When asked about the Priory in the 90s, Lincoln could only reply: "In my old age, I've decided to stick to that which can be verified." Basically - not a lot.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

There was once a real "Priory of Sion," a monastic order which may have links with the Knights Templar- but the historical record is extraordinarily vague, and there is no evidence of their survival beyonth the thirteenth century. The order discussed in HBHG and the DaVinci Code was a modern creation

Im sure you are aware that much the same thing can be said for Masonry and its roots. there is no solid evidence for the beginnings of Masonry, everything
from ancient egypt, the temple of solomon, Adam,and Noah through German
and english craft workers, and not to forget surviving Scottish Knight Templars
have been cited as the originators of the F&AM. With little or no supporting
documentation for any of it until recent history. as i recall there was at one time even a claim made that Achilles or Apollo was a Mason.

Let's even suppose for one moment that the Priory exists - .the story is that Jesus didn't die on the cross, somehow escaped to start a family with Mary Magdalene and the Priory of Sion is safeguarding the bloodline For the story to be true - Jesus would have only been a man.

This is just one of the scenerios that has been put forth. there is also the
scenerio where she was already pregnant at the time of the crucifixion, the
one taht says she was pregnant with their second child at that time, there is also one that suggests Bar-Abbas was Jesus' son.

Pauline based Christianity is the only belief that i know of that holds Jesus as
Son of God. others hold him as a Prophet but still a man. there are also several stories from other places of his surviving the cross, again christianity
is the only belief to insist he died.
as to the protection issue you have the persistant legend that Jesus was the
rightful heir to the throne of David and Mary was of the Benjamite royal house. If survivors of this bloodline intermarried with other promenant royal lines that would be reason for continued protection especially if members
of that family held proof that beginning with the RCC christianity was The Greatest story Ever SOLD, or perhaps of the betrayal of Clovis by said RCC.
legends do say that part of the Grail is 4 large chests of documents.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There is a totally crazy book by this author called "dan brown" that addresses these questions, at least tangentially. I forgot the name, but I think it has something to do with a sculptor. Anyway, the proof that they exist IS THAT THERE IS NO PROOF THEY EXIST! Also, the name they use is, when written in a totally absurd maner, a palindrome! Can you imagine that? I couldn't until I read his book.

Long story short: they are responsible for global warming. They have defense contracts ("Ks" as they call them) that will result in a windfall to them when the proverbial "poop hits the fan."

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Im sure you are aware that much the same thing can be said for Masonry and its roots.

Totally.
And that adds yet another "if" to the equation.

There is another "if" added with the theory that Jesus would have been from the line of David.
The problem is that you're relying on the Bible for this documentation. Within it's pages, it's not just Paulian Thought that may be corrupt. There is plenty that is open to question. The lineage issue could have been bought up in the Bible merely to give Jesus authority. In itself, it is an issue that has been open to massive speculation and conjecture. Why believe one thing and not another?
The theory relies on selective picking of equally dubious material.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Ok, i think that Leveler has covered everything. There is no verifiable evidence that the Priory existed, none. But there was a Monastic Order called the Ordre du Sion that operated in the Holy Land during the 1st or 2nd Crusade. They were about for a couple of years then vanish from History.
The Ordre du Sion ( i think thats the correct spelling ) were not unusual for the time, they set up a small Monastery to help pilgrims and to tend to the sick, thats it. They were not part of some conspiracy nor were they connected to any Knightly Orders, who during the 1st and 2nd Crusade were only really just coming to prominence.
The Priory is a fake, the Davinci code is a story based upon that fake. The Templars were in IMHO persecuted wrongly for reasons to complicated to go into in depth in a single post.
Someone on ATS once said that its not the Secret Societies we know about that we should be worried about, its the ones we dont know about that should concern us. If the Priory were as powerful as people believe do you really think they would leave a paper trail for people to find? And im sure they wouldnt leave a list of their Grandmasters to be found in one of the Worlds biggest Librarys, c'mon think about it.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Janus]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Ok, i think that Leveler has covered everything. There is no verifiable evidence that the Priory existed, none. But there was a Monastic Order called the Ordre du Sion that operated in the Holy

On top of that, I think one would be hard pressed to find it unusual that a group in Zion was called the Order of Zion.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The problem is that you're relying on the Bible for this documentation.

No christianity is relying on the bible. another problem that arises is that
if Joseph wasnt porking the virgin, if it really was this Holy Spirit ( which traditionally was feminine) then the linage of Jesus is even more in doubt.

so who was Mary doing the wild thang with?

. There is no verifiable evidence that the Priory existed, none.

there is no verifiable evidence that the Masons were ever anything but
a beer and brats club in the 18th century that cought on either. No matter
what you or I or anyone else thinks.

there have been rumor of many societies that have gone under ground,
Lollards, Jesuites in England. it would not be unusual for an organization
especially until the 1700 that opposed the church to go underground.

as to the debunking, with the advent and widespread use of this medium
what a better way to use the most common tool of the Inteligence community? DISINFORMATION , the light has now been diverted and they can go about their business .

[edit on 3-2-2005 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just read the passage denouncing the validity of the Shugborough monument and it's relation to the Poussin painting...

Only one thing, the so called evidence to suggest that the painting has nothing to do with the symbology is plainly contradictative, firstly it mentions that it is a painting with 'no' symbology, then it goes on to acknowledge that it uses golden section geometry....

and it is not true that all painters of this age used Golden Section Geometry - only those associated with Rosicruscianism and the alchemical crafts did so... - there are a number of very accurate documents held within the Vatican to atest to this...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheyenne
then it goes on to acknowledge that it uses golden section geometry..

Golden Section geometry is not symbolism. Its a way to arrange things so that a particular aesthetic effect is acheived. I suppose one could argue that anything done for effect is symbology, but thats a stretch and not really what you guys seem to be talking about.

in est
www.photozone.de...

Is I think what you mean by 'golden section geometry'

there are a number of very accurate documents held within the Vatican to atest to this...

Which ones? Or are they secret ones? How'd you find out about them? Did you verify any of it?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Some very ignorant posts there for a place that claims to deny ignorance.

One of them is even trying to play that dangerous game with me, alluding to a post I put up at that 'Shelly Palmer' Montauk Project board about the Pheonix Project etc being a 'fairy tale' - I posted that with my real name, Clara, many years ago when I realised how many evil people were seriously using that info. on that forum to do really evil things - as I had been posting variously information about important stuff like sacred geometry, as well as having a laugh about it in a 'dream illuminati' sort of way.

Those ignorant posters have not even thought to look at any of the leads I posted there, and still they are trying to do put-downs as if they have investigated any of that.........I haven't even listed everything I found. There 's more JFK assassination links in all that, you have to learn how to read "4D" and go by way of the implications of the film Dr. Strangelove for a start, or you won't understand anything ever.

But of course there's always more. The surrealist links in no way 'prove' - as one debunk site claims for example - that the whole thing is a hoax, anyone reaching such a conclusion can't read right or doesn't know how to look at anything. Maybe you that think you either have the low-down, or you think that you work for big secret societies astrally and can bully other people into not looking at certain things - like any of those things are in any way your business! they are not, they are of a higher nature that the type of thinking you have on display there - "it's a hoax"........duh.

Anyone serious about this kind of stuff, will just scoff at the likes of your style of dealing with facts and figures and so forth - you seem to think that because some news of the Priory came by way of some documents, and because one man was sort-of proved to be a liar, means that all that info. - even if it had nothing to do with Plantard or the documents he had - is automaticly dismissed by you?

so in your reality, some hoaxed documents means that there is no Last Supper painting, by either Leonardo nor Poussin.......or they just paint them in certain ways for no reason at all............just haphazardly?

there's no Four Seasons paintings under the Louvre pyramid either then? because some Priory documents were probably a hoax........

yeah, you go sherlock!

Wait til you get to Duchamps Mona Lisa...........and his 1963 NY art expo. poster, if you check out my forums you'll find some stuff about that.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
re: the Phi ( Golden Mean, Golden Section ) geometry,

that figures in the paintings connected with RLC,

and also it is found in the landscape geometry - the extended top of the pentagram, and the six-pointed star geometry.......

what was that post about the isocelese triangles on the landscape again? there were two of them - one I commented on, and another one that was started about Phi and 666 as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"Waa Waaa no one's taking me seriously waaa waaaa"

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
After reading through all the theories, i believe the secret society exists. According to my brother its all a lie, which was started by some frenchman (that was my brothers exact words)

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Of course Jesus was a man, the reason why his lineage is so important is he was "of the seed of David" John 7:42,Romans 1:3-4, or "Son of David" Mark 10:47, Matthew 22:42...

Eusebius states that the aristocracy of the Jews held to "strict Dynastic progression", he could not, and would not have been considered the king of the Jews or the Messiah "Ho Christos", the annoited one, by the apostles or any other Jew unless he was the Davidic heir apparent to the Kingdom of Judea...

King Herod was Idumean, installed by the Romans, he had no legitimate claim to the throne...

Jesus being a progressive Hellenistic Jew whose ministry accepted gentiles represented the one hope of the Jews to unite Jews and gentiles of the Holy lands to overthrow the Roman oppressor...

Why do you think the virgin birth story came about? it was to deny Jesus link the bloodline of his father the "Joseph" (prince), the Bloodline of Jesus is the living link to the patriarchs and the Adam Kadmon of the Kabballah...

The idea that Jesus was a poor common man is a nonsense, no commonner could claim to be the Messiah, nor a high preist, the preisthoods of the Jews (Zadok and Abaithar) were also strictly dynastic, try and find one Biblical reference to his being born in a stable...

You wont be able to, there isn't any, it's entirely a Roman myth...

Have you ever wondered why all the women of the new testament seem to be called Mary?...

Mary comes from the Hebrew Miriam meaning preistess, the Protevangelium (so called Book of James) descibed how Jesus mother was one of the seven sacred almah, the temple nuns of Jerusalem. Marys' father was Joachim of the Hasamonean line of the Maccabee's.

So Jesus represented far more than some chippy with delusions of grandeur, he was a Preist/King, whose lineage was sacred to the Hebrew nation.

Whether or not Jesus was God is an article of faith and quite outside the scope of historical/mythical inquiry...

As for the "Priory", what is really being important is wether or not there is infact a modern day organisation in existance which are adherents to the Sangrael (Blood Royal not San Greal meaning mystical crockery)...

There is such an organisation they are an order of Knights formally attached to the Catholic Church, interestingly located in Long Island...

See my previous posting for links to their website...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join