It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful what you post (rant thread about a rant thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Starting threads here is like playing roulette. The little ball can land anywhere. I started a little joke of a thread that I thought would be ignored...

My cherished 8 flags per thread average is about to be history

I wrote that thread for my own amusement. I thought it may get a couple of replies and be forgotten.

Oh no...

It's pinned at the top of the rant forum.

I don't want to be associated with that thread to this extent.

This is a lesson for us all...

Be careful what you post. You'll have to live with the consequences, and you never know how it could turn out.

edit on 19-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

So you were complaining about being popular so you complained about being so popular? But want people to not take you seriously because you don't want to be popular?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't think it's pinned. The upward arrow indicates "pinned". That one is just in a high position because of the large number of recent flags. It will get displaced, in time.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

I have an unwritten bucket list that works like this...

When I see a unique opportunity that has never come up before (and I know will probably never come up again), I try to seize the moment.

This thread is my chance to make a rant thread about a rant thread. It will probably never happen again.

I wasn't actually complaining.

You see, my thread about losing my 8 flag per thread average was another bucket list-type thing. The thing that led to that thread was also a bucket list-type thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So you made a thread pointing to a thread you don't want to be associated with?

Maybe don't concentrate on thread average and concentrate on creating good, solid threads. What's the most flags you have received for a thread? Make them all that good.

I'm guilty of making crap threads too.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

S+F..the other thread

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
So you made a thread pointing to a thread you don't want to be associated with?

Perhaps I have an unconscious desire to prove that I'm unique? I still remember you questioning my uniqueness. I'm kidding, I don't need any approval.

Maybe don't concentrate on thread average and concentrate on creating good, solid threads. What's the most flags you have received for a thread? Make them all that good.

The best thread that I believe I ever wrote got no replies and one flag:

Alternative Media and the Law of Attraction

My thread with the most flags had a paragraph of content written by me. I got lucky with the topic.

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

If I made all of my threads as good as the one linked to directly above, I would be a terrible contributor on this forum.

I'm guilty of making crap threads too.

What I considered to be an awful thread is pinned at the top of the rant forum for being considered excellent by posters here. What does that say about my ability to judge the quality of threads?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Wtf ate you talking about?

To be honest you have made yourself look like a bit of a dick by writing this one..
No offence I'm just saying it as I see it..

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe don't put the approval of others as a goal?
I've been here 8 years and haven't started that many threads and don't really comment all that much. Well, 5700+ comments over 8 years isn't that much.
lol That's about how much I speak in real life. Not much of a chatterbox.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

So...another thread highlighting your apparent desperate desire to seek attention by discussing another thread in which you appear equally desperate for attention, in an attempt to garner approval for being desperate in the first place. Alrighty then.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Perhaps I have an unconscious desire to prove that I'm unique?

No question about it. Nothing to prove.

Now, here's a mental gyration: If we assume that everyone is "unique" (and my life experience has indicated that is probable), does our collective distinction make us the statistical mean, or do we have to be on the edge of the curve to be unique? I don't know. Just popped into my head, and you, unfortunately for you, are the recipient of those musings.

Thank you for being .............. singular. ;o)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

It's been noted.

originally posted by: DAVID64
Maybe don't put the approval of others as a goal?

It was not a goal. It was just a game that I made up.

Is ATS like a real-life video game?

a reply to: tigertatzen

This is comedy to me.

It's just fun. You may want to look that word up in a dictionary. It could be an enlightening experience for you.

a reply to: argentus

Thank you very much for that. Whether or not I'm far away from the mean enough to be considered unique is an interesting point.

I think that's a great way to measure uniqueness.

new topics

top topics

join