It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to receive first intelligence briefing today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Comments like this make me laugh.

Me too. Colon, as SecState, was master of spies. He should have known every spider's nest has its own agenda. He was incredibly under-qualified for that cabinet post.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So..Hillary's basement server wasn't a threat to national security but Trump is?Really?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
So..Hillary's basement server wasn't a threat to national security but Trump is?Really?

It wasn't a threat to national security because she didn't know. Lol

No worries she had Huma logging in to check on things.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Indigo5

Absent any substance or cause?

I guess you didn't read the comments made by Collin Powell and his experience with that community.

I understand Colin Powell carries guilt for lying on behalf of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield in the race to invade Iraq..

But those original docs are now public...so he can't blame the intelligence community.

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion

Thirteen years ago, the intelligence community concluded in a 93-page classified document used to justify the invasion of Iraq that it lacked "specific information" on "many key aspects" of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programs.

But that's not what top Bush administration officials said during their campaign to sell the war to the American public.

Those officials, citing the same classified document, asserted with no uncertainty that Iraq was actively pursuing nuclear weapons, concealing a vast chemical and biological weapons arsenal, and posing an immediate and grave threat to US national security.

news.vice.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Is it going to be a Real Intelligence Briefing , or a Made Up one ? I Hope SOME of these Government Agencies Realize that Trump Represents an Opinion of Respectability among Americans , and that could also Reflect on their Perceptions of those who Serve in Particular Federal Agencies that at the Moment , have a Mostly Negative Reputation if Mr. Trumps happens to become our Next President .

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Hope SOME of these Government Agencies Realize that Trump Represents an Opinion of Respectability among Americans , and that could also Reflect on their Perceptions of those who Serve in Particular Federal Agencies that at the Moment , have a Mostly Negative Reputation if Mr. Trumps happens to become our Next President .

...Say again?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Is it going to be a Real Intelligence Briefing , or a Made Up one ?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well it's a little late, don't you think? By the way I bet he gets the cleansed version, with few relevant facts.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ah, today Trump meets our alien reptilian overlords. Watch out! After today, we'll start to see Trump doubles and Trump clones, at debates and news briefings!

/sarc......(but not THAT sarcastic)

edit on 17-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

These guys carry the football. A pretty big case. I don't think it's a secret. There are three. One with the president, one at the Whitehouse and one with the vice president.
No one needed to point him out.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The briefing team will go into the room with the goal of providing the same analytic judgments to both candidates, but I would expect the two briefings to be very different. I would expect the briefing for Secretary Hillary Clinton (the presumptive Democratic nominee) to delve into issues more deeply and to be more of a dialogue than the briefing for Donald Trump (the presumptive Republican nominee), which I would expect to be more of a tutorial, more of a first cut at the issues, with the need to provide the history and background on issues. This is simply because the Secretary is starting at much greater level of understanding based on her experience working these issues, her experience working with the IC, and her knowledge of the IC judgments (she was a daily and engaged consumer of both IC collection and analysis). Trump, most likely, will be starting at square one. No value judgments here; just the reality of the situation.

Intelligence Briefings for the Presidential Nominees

Clinton.... delve deeply, dialogue

Trump..... tutorial, starting at square one

Good God, Trump is wayyyy over his head!! I hope to God, for this perpetual six year old, the briefers bring out a box of crayons and a paper map of the world on which to color in all the countries he doesn't know!

When I asked Donald Trump in 2014 about his temperament, he readily volunteered this: "When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I'm basically the same. The temperament is not that different."

source

Interesting from the first source

There is a great deal of confusion about these briefings in the media. After a candidate has been formally nominated by her/his national convention, she/he is offered a one-time intelligence briefing (sometimes over multiple days if there are time constraints or if a candidate wants to go deeper on a particular topic). They do not receive a daily briefing. They do not receive regular update briefings during the campaign. They do not receive the President’s Daily Briefing. Those only come for the president-elect, after the election in November.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Is it going to be a Real Intelligence Briefing , or a Made Up one ? I Hope SOME of these Government Agencies Realize that Trump Represents an Opinion of Respectability among Americans , and that could also Reflect on their Perceptions of those who Serve in Particular Federal Agencies that at the Moment , have a Mostly Negative Reputation if Mr. Trumps happens to become our Next President .

I heard he took Gen. Flynn for that purpose, to see what kind of depth the briefing had.

He had a few people with him that had been privy to security briefings, tho.

Also the briefs were not exactly what Obama would get. That stuff only comes with the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join