It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaeart

According to my logic (which I think is fair), out of all possibilities, the most PROBABLE cause of the Mandela Effect is faulty memory of the subjects.

On the other hand, if we entertain the lesser possibility of a glitch in our reality, it is interesting that the idea of an omnipotent God becomes very unlikely because the universe created by a God isn't supposed to malfunction.

Now this is a cool contribution to the thread. I hadn't really thought about that before. However, I suppose believers in an omnipotent God would simply insist that God had intended the "glitch."

Interesting through.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaeart

On the other hand, if we entertain the lesser possibility of a glitch in our reality, it is interesting that the idea of an omnipotent God becomes very unlikely because the universe created by a God isn't supposed to malfunction.

Actually God gave us freewill to reveal our hearts and everyone is glitched to a certain degree in the depths we choose to ignore God. Whatever you believe, it would be a better world without the answer to the call of evil. Unless you only believe in this physical reality with no spiritual struggle, then there is no good or evil.

Sorry, off topic.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I like your "Confirmation Bias" / "Cognitive Bias"

The "Mandela Effect" reminds me of when I realized that almost none of my classmates remembered getting to "go home early" from school for nearly an entire semester.

I was astonished/amazed/dumb-founded how few of my classmates remembered that we had only attended school for 1/2 day for the first semester of our 1973-1974 school year.

Even a smaller number of them remembered why we had left school early: Our new school had a couple of buildings needing completion, so we had make-shift classrooms in the cafeteria and gymnasium. No lunchroom seating available meant we had to leave school prior to lunch.

A couple of my friends used questions relating to that for a "man on the street" style interview for an assignment. We were surprised that almost no-one who remembered leaving early knew the reason why. Also surprising was that people who remembered having classes in either the cafeteria or gym often did not remember leaving early.

I don't think this was a "Mandella Effect". Simply people not bothering to "file away" memories/information which they do not find "important." Memory is a funny thing.

--
M

edit on 8/19/2016 by CutNGlass because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
I know you have an axe to grind, but you just look pathetic right now. Still mad from other threads? You literally just agreed with my post...I simply used simple terms because these people are simple people.

You are absolutely right and I also try to use simple terms because most people here have not studied a medical science.... no point on copying fancy jargon from a book, eh? lol

And I agree with the axe to grind with some of us, in fact he/she never replied to me directly on This thread when I questioned her CPR technique. I was not going to do the same here, but there was no need for this poster to be so condescending (wrongly) with you and I may do just that if this continues. Not because you can't defend yourself, because you obviously can, but because fair is fair.

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

There is quite a difference between this and the absolute conclusions you are drawing.

LOL no there isn't. ME is about 'feelings about changes' that only seem to have paranormal answers to explain it (according to believers).

Now, you are Dutch I think you said: any local Mandela effect going on?

edit on 20-8-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You never addressed any of that (except to whine about how I phrased the question ORIGINALLY), which offers all the proof I need that you have nothing to say on the matter. You could have simply said so and saved us both a lot of time.

Because you were in fact trying to obfuscate things by not responding to the actual point I made. You said this,

Every time you access a memory, you write over it with a layer of whatever you are feeling or thinking at that moment. If you do this enough, the earlier memory becomes completely muddied with details added later

Provide a source that proves that the more you access a memory the more muddied it gets. If you can't do this it was drivel and my point was correct.

I'm not even counting that question, which I had to ask you 5 or 6 times because you kept deflecting. I had to actually answer it FOR you as a prelude to getting to my real questions, and the only reason I did that was because you had already started your routine of deflection by this point.

There was no need for deflection since it was completely clear what my stance is. You are asking redundant questions.

Are you asperger's by any chance? You seem to be highly fixated on making sure conversations advance according to your own rules.

Are you mentally challenged? I am making sure conversations advance according to what was actually said.

Because the post I quoted illustrated how you were entertaining an idea which I had a direct counter argument to. AND NOW it's been explained a FOURTH TIME.

It was a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. You had no direct counter argument. You simply said it couldn't be proven, which was a given, since it was hypothetical.

A direct counter argument would be proof that other dimensions or infinite dimensions don't exist. You can't prove this.

It's really too bad you insisted on wasting so much dialog before finally admitting you have absolutely nothing.

There is nothing to have, since your comments either did not apply, or ignored the actual point I made.

edit on 20-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
The whole reason i even believe in the ME is because i KNOW the pineal gland was in the front of the head between left and right hemispheres, now it is not.

You mixed it up with the Pituitary gland. Both start with a P, easy mistake to make. I still mix up the band names Procol Harum and Prefab Sprouts, it's so annoying.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

LOL no there isn't. ME is about 'feelings about changes' that only seem to have paranormal answers to explain it (according to believers). Now, you are Dutch I think you said: any local Mandela effect going on?

Entertaining a theory is not the same as making an absolute statement like "this is the movie that made most people think it was "Luke", since you are presenting this as a verifiable fact.

I haven't noticed any changes sofar, regarding Dutch history or persons although I do see some references to that. But things like changing world maps or astronomy are universal.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I know what protocols are...but I would like to see the one we are supposedly not properly following, can you show that?

Yes, just look at the majority of your replies to conversations you weren't part of.

It may not seem relevant to you, but to the person asking the question it could be.

Like this, it doesn't matter if the person thinks it is relevant to him, if it doesn''t apply to the post they responded to it doesn't apply, period.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I would hope that you are not trying to imply that my post was written for some agenda, and further implying that my personal position on the location of the organs in the human body has ever been anything different.

I found it interesting that you came across as being condescending towards someone who entertains a part of the ME you don't believe in yourself. Your tone was the same as people who are trying to refute the parts of the ME you do believe in.

Your post was about the human anatomy. You concluded with this,

I am not trying to be harsh...I have experienced a number of these things myself. But some of them I really did remember wrong, and I would be remiss if I did not speak up when I see someone else falling into that same trap.

So I would say you implied that you once experienced these anatomy changes.

I don't think you had an agenda, although it does seem like your post served the agenda of whatever force that made all those stars go your way all of a sudden.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I find it ironic ME skeptics are called narrow minded when ME believers do not take the time to review the existence research on the fallibility of human memory and eyewitness accounts. Or keep up with the current research of the milky way. The current model of the milky way is now four times larger than previous models.

I don't dare research what might be a practical explanation of my experience and unbase my conception I am special in my perception of pop culture and pictures of the milky way from the 80s.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I find it ironic ME skeptics are called narrow minded when ME believers do not take the time to review the existence research on the fallibility of human memory and eyewitness accounts.

You are obviously narrow minded because you keep using this non argument. Noone denies that memory is fallible. The fact that it is doesn't prove that this is the cause of the ME, at all.

Or keep up with the current research of the milky way. The current model of the milky way is now four times larger than previous models.

Can you post some pics or other sources that show the old position, before science corrected itself?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

And how is memory based pop culture examples scientific evidence. It's an observation, not proof. I see lighting, that's an observation. Using instruments that measure electric potential and the presence of electron flow shows lighting has the characteristics of electricity and therefore evidence of a phenomenon of electricity.

ME has the characteristics of memory flaws as outlined in memory research brought about by shared pop culture.

Still, how does random time jumps from an infinite amount of time lines with the possibility to land in any give time in a time line result in a collective of time jumpsers having a group flawed memory at a specific point in time. The memories should not have a pattern or consensus when pulled from an infinite amount of time lines / parallel universes.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

I find it ironic ME skeptics are called narrow minded when ME believers do not take the time to review the existence research on the fallibility of human memory and eyewitness accounts.

You are obviously narrow minded because you keep using this non argument. Noone denies that memory is fallible. The fact that it is doesn't prove that this is the cause of the ME, at all.

Or keep up with the current research of the milky way. The current model of the milky way is now four times larger than previous models.

Can you post some pics or other sources that show the old position, before science corrected itself?

When you prove science is static and models and theories don't change and become more accurate as scientific knowledge grows.
edit on 20-8-2016 by neutronflux because: Added accurate

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
From www.universetoday.com...

"In truth, all the pictures that depict our galaxy are either artist’s renditions or pictures of other spiral galaxies, and not the result of direct observation of the whole. Until recently, it was very difficult for scientists to gauge what the Milky Way really looks like, mainly because we’re inside it. "

From www.space.com... 2014.

"We are fairly confident that the Milky Way is a spiral galaxy, but we don't know much in detail. At the most basic level, we'd like to be able to make a map that would show in detail what it looks like," said Mark Reid of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, who led the new study"

You use past drawings of the milky as gospel when in 2014 scientists were still only fairly confident our galaxy was a true spiral?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

And how is memory based pop culture examples scientific evidence. It's an observation, not proof.

Yes and? I never said it was proof. In fact I said numerous times that it can't be proven or disproven.

Still, how does random time jumps from an infinite amount of time lines with the possibility to land in any give time in a time line result in a collective of time jumpsers having a group flawed memory at a specific point in time. The memories should not have a pattern or consensus when pulled from an infinite amount of time lines / parallel universes.

Who says they are random? Not me.

An obvious explanation would be that people are being pulled from the same timeline into the same other timeline.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Logic dictates, if ME is real, from the collective of shared group knowledge of flawed memories group programing or subconscious suggestion. And with the time and effort commercial advertising and politicians use sociology and subconscious suggestion, ME might be a side effect of the manipulation of group audiences. An unintentionally consequence of shared sociology tuned media presented in mass through pop culture.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I dont see how anything you just said relates to the post you responded to. Also your sentences are hard to decipher since they are grammatically incorrect.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

People's minds programed by mass media.

What is your explanation that people are pulled out of a specific time line from an infinite number of time lines to this specific time which happens to be similar in technology and history between the two?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I don't have an explanation on how it works. You said this.

Again, why do you assume it would be random.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What mechanisms would insure it's not random.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join