It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

dumb like a rock but allot of love

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
flying legends 2018

Just some pic from Sunday

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

My Pit is so damn smart when he wants to be it's not funny. He knows exactly what to do to roll the window down on the driver side of the truck when we're parked. I've been sitting in the passenger seat, and he'll roll that side down trying to get the other one down. I'll tell him wrong one, and watch as he thinks, looks down at the buttons, and moves his paw over to the other one and roll that window down.

One day my other half did that, and after he rolled his side down, she looked at him and said, "hey dummy, roll my window back up", and he did.

This is the same dog that got left alone in the truck for less than an hour, while we were inside taking showers, and dug into a cabinet area, picked up the tube of Gorilla Glue we had completely buried in it, and managed to glue his toes together.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos
Fantastic F-15 picsa Zaphod. Look forward to seeing yours. Whats the group you are in?

I've got a few to post over the next few weeks, i'll start with this one

Fantastic photo's as usual Waynos. I guess you were at RIAT. Keep em coming mate

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yeah my 4 month old pup does half a pee outside trots back in for his treat for going outside then goes straight back out does the other half for another treat the little sod.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

We figured out how smart the little snot was one night when he got hungry while I was driving. My other half was sitting in the passenger seat, he sits down between us and looks up at me. I look down and tell him, "I'm driving dude. If you're hungry, talk to mom." He tilts his head and looks at me, looks over his shoulder at her, looks back at me, gets up and turns around and sits down and looks at her.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My little tribute to 617 Squadron, adapted from a photo I took of the flypast at RIAT, I call it the New, the Old, and the Original.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Brilliant photo mate

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Looking forward to more. Your pics are always amazing.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

maybe you answered this already but what kind of setup do you use to take these photos, they are great.

i assume this is your career ?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Thank you. I use a canon 6D and 100-400L and 24-105L lenses. I'd love to get paid for this, but purely a hobby

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Some more for today

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Saturday at RIAT we had these guys pay us a visit.They were held up by a Chinook doing it's thing,with several requests from the pilot to do their flypast ASAP as he was running low on fuel.They flew past once,and the controller asked the B2 (callsign Mighty 21) if he was going to do another one.'No sir,just the one' as if to say it's your fault for letting that helicopter hold us up.
But really,they fly all the way from 'murica and don't have another five minutes to do another one before they go back?

edit on 18-7-2018 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Nope. Tanker timing is tight as hell on a mission that long. If the tanker has to wait longer for them to get there, they're burning their offload, so the bomber gets less fuel. Heading back to Whiteman they're fighting headwinds so they tend to want every drop of fuel they can take on. Less fuel from one tanker means more fuel required from the next tanker. It could even mean they need to get another crew and tanker airborne.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Can't they use a UK based tanker if need be,or does it need special fuel we don't have over here like the JP7 the SR71 needed?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

They almost certainly did. They would have tanked near the east coast of the US, probably up around Scotland on the inbound leg, then topped off as they headed out, and again off the coast, with one more possibly over Tennessee or in that area, depending on winds.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ok thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Another selection of images from RIAT (this may take a long time

EC-400 is due to become ZM421 when it becomes the RAF's last Atlas to be delivered.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sad news out of Texas. Bluebonnet Belle was destroyed in a takeoff accident today. Thirteen people on board heading to Oshkosh. The pilot was pretty badly injured and was airlifted, and several were transported by ground, but all 13 survived the accident.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Something wasn't right from the get go there.

Seemed like he lost power in his right engine, then it all went to Hell. Glad everyone survived it. Shame about the plane.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join