It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short video and how I feel...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Somethings you said are true and some show a little lack of understanding.

But this is just your opinion, not the truth. The Bible is a book that relies on interpretation, and everybody interprets it differently. I don't see God saying yours is correct and mine is wrong.

Not the man made ones you find in many Bibles, they don't even come close to God's.
Find it and you find the one that is whole, complete, accurate, infallible and with out any error.

Well, let me guess, would that be the version you read, by any chance?

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

And yet our taxes support their interference in our affairs!

But their interference is decrreasing (although in the US it's still stronger than in other countries, like the UK for example).

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Please don't fall for the line it must be interpreted or you can't understand the Bible. Remember, Interpretation is from one language to another not from English back to Hebrew and Greek unverifiable copies and then back to English. That is not interpretation but the sleight of men. This is why we are required only to study and rightly divide the word, not interpret

Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It is already interpreted and preserved for you in English no interpretation needed. What you need is prayer, study and understanding only.

Once I found the verse where God promised to preserve his words to every generation, I took God at his word and searched and studied for 7 years then when I had finished I had in my hand the preserved words of God, in a Book he had preserved to the English speaking generation (which is still on going), the fulfillment of his promise. I wont and cant do that work for you. It is a thing each person must do on their own and know in their own heart when they are done. I gave you clues as to what to look for so be diligent and search and compare and once you figure out which one has all and more of what I gave you, you have found a Bible you can trust to be preserved as God promised.

I learned something in the Mission field. I took with me a 68th edition of the Principles and Practices of Medicine, it is the medical school primer used by medical students at Harvard University. It is the basis upon their study. I read that book from cover to cover four times. I discovered something. Once I had understood this I knew something was not right. In med school they have you learn Latin because much of the med terms were in Latin, a dead language. If they just taught Med school in plain English terms with no Latin anyone could be a doctor.

You see they created a society just for Doctors known the medical fraternity, only the elite who can learn the dead language and pay their high Tuition costs of the education can be doctors. It is in itself a kind of cliche, a medical society of which only the few are members of. It is the same way now with Religious Studies. All secret societies require you learn their secret language, hand shakes, codes and rituals, and the Medical and Religious societies are not exempt from these.

BTW, I diagnoses correctly many diseases and conditions that Licensed Physicians in the country where I served missed or could not correctly diagnose. Why? Because I knew that medical primer inside and out and how to diagnose and prescribe a correct course of action to cure the diseases and conditions.

Like the Medical the religious tell you you have to learn dead languages, you have to learn them so you can Interpret the myriad of Non-verifiable Greek and Hebrew Documents. Non-verifiable means they only have copies of copies of copies. There are no, and I mean no, Original Autographs anywhere in the world, that these copies can be verified to be accurate. They too like the Medical Society, have high tuition costs and long educational process to get a Doctorate. And it too is a cliche of the religious Elite. I have a Doctorate in Theology but it is trash and means nothing anymore to me.

They want control over people, they are the ones who propagated the lie that the average people could not understand the Bible Starting in the late 300AD, Just like the medical fields says you can't understand how to diagnose and cure people. It is a way of controlling people.

Roms 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

The Bible was meant to set people free. God word tells us his word is not just for those who hold religious doctorates but for all men simple and wise,

Ps 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Ps 119:130 ¶ The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple
Eph 1:16, 17 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Ps 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Col 1:9 ¶ For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Re 1:3 ¶ Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

You see the word of God is for all to know and understand, not just the religious scholarly Elite known today as Pastors, Reverends, Doctors or Teachers. They want you controlled for money.

Tit 1:10, 11 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Today's ministries are multi-billion dollar industries Manipulating the world for their own pleasure. Their ministries are patterned after their own understanding and not that of God, replacing themselves with Israel complete with a physical temple building, rituals,ceremonies, and sacrifices. They handle the word with deceitfulness and craftiness to take hold of men and control their lives and endanger their spiritual future.

If you learn one thing from this, let it be YOU can understand the Bible and YOU are to study it and apply it to YOUR LIFE. And to stop believing the lie of the religious Elite.

edit on 14-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am not familiar with that verse but

You can always look it up. The chapter and verse are clearly referenced.

I am inclined to ask what you think the basic message is

One of the basic messages of Ezekiel is as a reinterpretation of sin and death as a result of sin.

Ezekiel 18:19Yet you say, Why doesn't the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son has done that which is lawful and right, and has kept all my statutes, and has done them, he shall surely live. 20The soul who sins, he shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be on him.

The elders of the exiles were going by another way of looking at sin and death.

Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
4"You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me,

I hope that the difference between those two views is plain to see.

Do you understand the story, have you tried

Or did you just read it and think, this sounds stupid, I don't understand it, nobody will.

I have a pretty good idea that in the historic context of Jerusalem's rebellion against the Neo-Babylonian Empire and the multiple deportations (Ezekiel from an early one) that there were two schools of thought.

1) If we adhere to the tribal deity who resides between the hand made cherubim(not to be confused with idols) in the temple, then we can safely rebel against the Empire of which we are lawful vassals by treaty, and all will be fine.

2) Adherence to the tribal deity is futile because previous kings did not adhere to the tribal deity, therefore Jerusalem is doomed to destruction as decreed by the tribal deity in a previous generation.

Those were the two schools of thought. They relied for support on which version of sin and death was accepted. Obviously there was difference of opinion.
edit on 14-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Please don't fall for the line it must be interpreted or you can't understand the Bible.

You speak to me like I have not researched or studied the Bible, when I spent years doing so. When I realized I was loosing my faith I fought against it, as it was something I was born into and grew up with. I thought my church couldn't fulfill me so I explored other Christian churches, but they were all the same. Why? Because the book is the same. The God of the Bible is a mysoginist homophobic perverted tirant and the book is full of stories that only children could believe them to be truth, some are ridiculous and some nasty (like Lot having sex with his daughters).

If the book really is the words of a God, then I don't want anything to do with such evil deity. You want to believe, fine, freedom of religion is very important, but keep them away from myself and my family.

I learned something in the Mission field. I took with me a 68th edition of the Principles and Practices of Medicine, it is the medical school primer used by medical students at Harvard University. It is the basis upon their study. I read that book from cover to cover four times. I discovered something. Once I had understood this I knew something was not right. In med school they have you learn Latin because much of the med terms were in Latin, a dead language. If they just taught Med school in plain English terms with no Latin anyone could be a doctor.

Only basic Latin is needed as most medical terms are in Latin and anybody can learn that. I'm a nurse and I managed to learned those terms. No conspiracy there.

BTW, I diagnoses correctly many diseases and conditions that Licensed Physicians in the country where I served missed or could not correctly diagnose. Why? Because I knew that medical primer inside and out and how to diagnose and prescribe a correct course of action to cure the diseases and conditions.

Reading a book four times does not make you an expert like doctors are. I work in a hospital with real doctors and the amount of knowledge needed on a daily basis can only be achieved with years of studying and practicing.

If you learn one thing from this, let it be YOU can understand the Bible and YOU are to study it and apply it to YOUR LIFE. And to stop believing the lie of the religious Elite.

I have read the Bible and I have understood it is a book of contradictions and cruel vicious rules. If it fulfills you then I'm happy for you. It does not fulfill me and I find Harry Potter to be more realistic and more scientifically accurate.

There are more than 400 Gods in this world, if any is real they are welcome to let me know they are.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

the world is messed up by collective human choice. You cant blame God for that.

okey dokey...so...as announced. Let's throw some quotes.

The video states...Isiah 45:7

I forms the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil: I the LORD, do all these things.

Coupled with another quote from the video...essentially states...nothing on this world happens without God's approval or intent.

Romans 11:36

From him and through him and to him are all things

I guess that means the creation and deeds of evil.

So what? God created light and darkness. He honors and guarantees our freedom to choose between the two (at the very least within our own hearts). So again, our problems come from our poor choices, both individually and collectively. God has already done His part in sending a redeemer. All that is left is our choice (believe in Christ or reject Him), and to let sin run its course (like a virus).

it's interesting to watch how your religion dumbs you down.

A choice ???

so...if I were a programmer of games....and I did one...you think the characters in my game have "real" choices ?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Its interesting to see how you project our poor decisions on to God. Do you blame your parents too? I guess you're opinion is that we don't have a choice in the matter. Is that your way of ignoring personal responsibility?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Its interesting to see how you project our poor decisions on to God. Do you blame your parents too? I guess you're opinion is that we don't have a choice in the matter. Is that your way of ignoring personal responsibility?

so you want to completely ignore the fact that the Bible states that "everything" is of God ?

okey dokey...I accept that.

Carry on Sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Everything is allowed occur by God. Freedom of choice comes with an ugly side. That is the cost of letting the truth be what it is.

Im not ignoring what the Bible says. I'm saying that reality is what it is, and its not God's fault that humans use their freedom for evil.

edit on 15-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join